SaltCritters.com

MiddReef's Nuvo 24

MiddReef

NR meet a project fish of mine:

Meet a species I originally met diving in Hawaii last spring, the elusive Potters Angel. I call this friend Kona

IMG_3327_zpsbb34f5e1.jpg

I have waited for years for this one, finding one that was eating was tough but he's been doing just awesome. Hard to get a photo because they're so active once they get settled. I was afraid he would hide out but hasn't been an issue.

Dislikes : tbd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
famousdan314

I'm curious how your Potter Angel does, I'm tempted to get a coral beauty or flame angel for my tank but I am a little nervous since I plan on keeping LPS.

Knock on wood he/she has been absolutely dominating since the fall, gaining weight and eating like a champ. Initially a shy fish but has really become comfortable and friendly. Maybe I just got really lucky but this one is very eager to eat whatever I toss in. I started with Rods but now he eats frozen, pellet, and even the algae drop in. Very active and interesting dwarf angel

• 2 weeks later...

Tank continues to thrive, here is a (not-so-updated) FTS. The system has been running smoothly, I have noticed a great improvement in my water quality and very minimal algae growth since adding the reactor. Highly recommend if nothing else because they're so easy to clean without making a total mess. Keep growing, NR!

http://s415.photobucket.com/user/MiddReef/media/photo3_zps93817994.jpg.html'>photo3_zps93817994.jpg

Bonus!

http://s415.photobucket.com/user/MiddReef/media/IMG_3309_zpsc3ccee25.jpg.html'>IMG_3309_zpsc3ccee25.jpg

Nice tank. What fish is that in front with the stripes? Great addition with the potters. Big fan of dwarf angels. Is that another angel? How do they get along? I added a flame angel a few months ago. They're fun to watch as they explore the tank huh?

Archived