Innovative Marine Aquariums

TV Show Tanked learns a hard lesson from hasty fish stocking!

lifebidesign

I work in the fish industry in Vegas, go to the ATM store occasionally, and have a buddy who works for ATM. Few weeks back I was looking at a gorgeous hippo tang for a client and was told it was there for an episode and if it made it back it would be for sale. I asked when it would be back and the person working just said it won't be, almost all the fish always die. I asked my friend who works their and he agreed. I actually googled Tanked today to see if anyone talks about this because I can't believe that Animal Planet is okay with the killing of all these fish. x_x

Edit to add... I had never really watched the show, knew these guys years ago and had no interest in it.

Says the chick whose first post is this post on this forum is bashing on ATM like she truly knows them.

Riiiiiiiiight.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VegasFishGirl

Says the chick whose first post is this post on this forum is bashing on ATM like she truly knows them.

Riiiiiiiiight.

The whole thread is bashing Tanked...

If you're in the fish biz its small, everyone knows each other. Everyone knows each others shit too. :P As to the new account,.. How about I didn't want to be identified or my business? I couldn't use the same name I have on Vegas boards. In my first post I said I googled Tanked looking for a place to talk about this because I was disgusted by what I was told when at the store recently.

Anyone in the Vegas area can go into the ATM store and ask about the fish. Lol I was really surprised that the retail employees aren't told to keep their mouth shut. (Maybe they are?)

• 7 months later...

The tanked people did a tank for a little boy with a few freshwater sharks in a 8 gallon aquarium.

Aw, that's nice of them. :happy:

Oh... I mean, those evil bastards. :angry:

I wouldn't get too worked up about what they do.

I tivo the show but fast forward just to see the tanks. Those guys annoy the crap out of me.

Great tank builders from what I can tell though. (the actual tanks, not the whole system)

mantisshrimp1234

Aw, that's nice of them. :happy:

Oh... I mean, those evil bastards. :angry:

I wouldn't get too worked up about what they do.

I knew that sharks need a 20 or more gallon aqaurium. So Tanked needs to go to a fishkeeping class. I hope that they don't know about what we are doing!! They might sue us all. These dumb people don't know how to take care of them.They don't even give out caresheets. They do the tanks/life support system well, they need to stock at a minimum. Sick idiots.

• 1 month later...

Some of those poor fish must dream of living in the ocean with rocks, coral, and sand, but their bad fate has them living in a popcorn machine.

Archived