Cultivated Reef

Lumia 5.1 Build for Biocube Take 2

Horerczy

I am not an expert in what all the bits and bobs are on PCBs but I have a theory that a capacitor blew up.

P9270681_zps4a9bc228.jpg
P9270680_zps298f10a0.jpg

On the plus side the interior of the box is all set up. The screws on the side are where the power supply was hooked up so that it has air surrounding it on all sides. the fan is actually at the sop and pulls air out of the box.

P9270675_zpsc00e999c.jpg

I need to find something to clean up that mess of wires connecting the box to the light fixture. looks terrible.

887a169a-cb49-4400-a877-d73db470271a_zps

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

I am not an expert in what all the bits and bobs are on PCBs but I have a theory that a capacitor blew up.

P9270681_zps4a9bc228.jpg

P9270680_zps298f10a0.jpg

On the plus side the interior of the box is all set up. The screws on the side are where the power supply was hooked up so that it has air surrounding it on all sides. the fan is actually at the sop and pulls air out of the box.

I need to find something to clean up that mess of wires connecting the box to the light fixture. looks terrible.

Thats jsut glue. If caps where blown the tops wouldnt be concave and there would be yellow/brown smelly liquid that doesnt dry around everything.

New power source came in.

PA030682_zpsc1c5b3d8.jpg

FTS. It's actually pretty true to color for what i see.

PA030683_zpsd0121b51.jpg

What's this? there's more leds.

PA030684_zps154745c9.jpg

Yep. Luxeon M Royal Blues.

The fifth channel fried. Dunno whats up with these CB/TV channels. Still a beastly multichip though. Has a nice halide effect when it's the only thing on.

It's not that excessive actually. I'll never need 100% power but I'm sure I'll reach at least 75% after a few months of acclimation.

Over that tank? Doubt it.

it's 30 inches off the sandbed. How high would you turn everything up? Channel five on the lumia is gone too.

Everything is on 700mA drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived