Pod Your Reef

IM 38 Nuvo

Coolhandreefer

Coolhandreefer

Where in Jersey are you? Nice tank I wanted the 38g but I opted for the RSM130

I live in Cliffside Park. Great choice with the RSM 130, do you have a build thread?
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Cliffside Park. Great choice with the RSM 130, do you have a build thread?

yeah its currently recovering from gha and bryopsis. you should join njreefers its our local club

Coolhandreefer

I tested for calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium last night using a Red Sea test kit, results were:

Calcium - 490

Alkalinity - 8ish

Magnesium - 1320

I'm glad everything tested in the normal range =D.

• 3 weeks later...
Coolhandreefer

My Elegance coral was doing bad for a few days. I changed out the GFO, Carbon, and filter floss and also added the Tunze 9004 back in after taking it out and it seems to be doing better. I'm thinking its doing better mainly because of the Tunze 9004 because the media wasn't old but I just replaced it just in case. Its pulling out some nice skimmate but I'm still fine tuning it and breaking it in again after having it out of the tank for 2-4 weeks. Going to take some pictures with my g/f's camera and post them up soon once the microbubbles simmer down.

• 2 weeks later...

My Elegance coral was doing bad for a few days. I changed out the GFO, Carbon, and filter floss and also added the Tunze 9004 back in after taking it out and it seems to be doing better. I'm thinking its doing better mainly because of the Tunze 9004 because the media wasn't old but I just replaced it just in case. Its pulling out some nice skimmate but I'm still fine tuning it and breaking it in again after having it out of the tank for 2-4 weeks. Going to take some pictures with my g/f's camera and post them up soon once the microbubbles simmer down.

I found with my 9004 that it produces the best skimmate with the air line wide open and the water level slightly higher then the indication line on the back of the unit. Mine pulls out roughly a cup of skim every week on my 30G cube.

Tank is looking really good and you have some nice corals and hardware, keep at it ;).

Coolhandreefer

I found with my 9004 that it produces the best skimmate with the air line wide open and the water level slightly higher then the indication line on the back of the unit. Mine pulls out roughly a cup of skim every week on my 30G cube.

Tank is looking really good and you have some nice corals and hardware, keep at it ;).

Thanks! The tank changed a lot in the past week. I'll post an update soon.

Coolhandreefer

I'm upgrading! I've been debating on MANY different tanks to upgrade to, including even custom tanks and I was looking at cube tanks for a while but I've narrowed it down to either a 57 Deep Blue RR or a 75 Deep Blue RR. I think I would feel more comfortable with the size of the 57 but than the 75 wouldn't be too much more cost wise. Which would you choose?

If anyone is interested in buying this complete setup, I'm including all of the equipment. Livestock, RO/DI, test kits and other misc. items won't be included. PM me to talk. I'll post in the Hardware Classifieds soon.

Archived