Innovative Marine Aquariums

75 Gallon Reef Tank Setup Help!

llama roadkill

Unplug it and plug it back in. Koralias frequently do that of they are on a wavemaker. They are not really made to be turned on and off. They say they fixed that issue but I still had that problem.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill
Unplug it and plug it back in. Koralias frequently do that of they are on a wavemaker. They are not really made to be turned on and off. They say they fixed that issue but I still had that problem.

I think I just need a new one.

Also, I may just go with a 40B with 40B or 55 sump. I will save over $145 on tanks alone is I but used. Probably around $120 on lighting as well.

Steensj2004

If you do decided to drill the tank or have it drilled.....have them drill it from the inside out. Here is why, when you drill, you often end up with chips or,"Scalloping" on the inside of the hole. Not sure why but something about the very last little bit of the cut causes it. I just had my 75 drilled yesterday, and he drilled from the inside out. The scalloping, or chips, are on the outside of the tank, and the inside of the hole is 100 % perfect. The gasket for your bulkhead is only on the interior side of the tank, this means less to worry about when it comes to leaking(of give the gasket a chip free surface to seal). Those chips on the gaket side can cause leak-by on the bulkhead. Sometimes salt creep seals it, sometimes not, its happened to me....just my .02.

You can also try a 38 gallon sump, I am running one now in my 75 gallon stand. Leaves plenty of room on one side for controller equip and your only shy 2 gallons of 40. Besides, i dont know many people who fill their sumps to the top with water like a display. For example, I have maybe 30 gallons in my sump give or take a few, S you eont lose much using the 38 gallon. :)

Oh, and buy 2 Radions, hahahaha :lol:

llama roadkill

If you do decided to drill the tank or have it drilled.....have them drill it from the inside out. Here is why, when you drill, you often end up with chips or,"Scalloping" on the inside of the hole. Not sure why but something about the very last little bit of the cut causes it. I just had my 75 drilled yesterday, and he drilled from the inside out. The scalloping, or chips, are on the outside of the tank, and the inside of the hole is 100 % perfect. The gasket for your bulkhead is only on the interior side of the tank, this means less to worry about when it comes to leaking(of give the gasket a chip free surface to seal). Those chips on the gaket side can cause leak-by on the bulkhead. Sometimes salt creep seals it, sometimes not, its happened to me....just my .02.

You can also try a 38 gallon sump, I am running one now in my 75 gallon stand. Leaves plenty of room on one side for controller equip and your only shy 2 gallons of 40. Besides, i dont know many people who fill their sumps to the top with water like a display. For example, I have maybe 30 gallons in my sump give or take a few, S you eont lose much using the 38 gallon. :)

Oh, and buy 2 Radions, hahahaha :lol:

Thank you so much. I will take a screenshot and come back to this post when I drill.

I want my sump to be as large as possible because I want a big fuge. Even if I have Display Fuge I want a small one in the sump.

Oh, and about the Radions...no. Got $1500 I could spend?! :P

I also emailed Hydor and they said they were unavailable but would get back ASAP.

Steensj2004

Reefbreeders is a solid company, don't let anyone tell you differently. I went Radion for quality, waranty, and I didn't want to do it myself,lol. The drilling inside out is the best method I have seen. The side you start your hole on seems to almost always be the best. Since your gasket seals inside, you want the best surface on the inner part of the hole!

Reefbreeders is a solid company, don't let anyone tell you differently. I went Radion for quality, waranty, and I didn't want to do it myself,lol. The drilling inside out is the best method I have seen. The side you start your hole on seems to almost always be the best. Since your gasket seals inside, you want the best surface on the inner part of the hole!

Archived