Top Shelf Aquatics

Tickle's Nuvo 24 Reef Creation!

ticklem

Yep livestock came in everything looked great from Vivid Aquaria SPS were just as pictured on line and the yashi goby and pistol shrimp looked good. Only problem is my Sixline tried to pick at the pistol shrimp so they made their cave on the backside of my rockformation against the back glass. So I have not really seen either but I have heard the pistol shrimp snapping every now and then. Kinda worked out though because somehow my sixline went carpet surfing on Saturday not sure how he managed to do that because the tank has a lid on it. I saved him from the dogs but he was already gone. I was kinda hopeing to get rid of the sixline anyways he was kinda the bully of the tank but I couldn't catch him.

What are the setting on your radions? Your SPS's seems to be retaining their color well judging from the pictures. Do you use the tank cover?

Yep livestock came in everything looked great from Vivid Aquaria SPS were just as pictured on line and the yashi goby and pistol shrimp looked good. Only problem is my Sixline tried to pick at the pistol shrimp so they made their cave on the backside of my rockformation against the back glass. So I have not really seen either but I have heard the pistol shrimp snapping every now and then. Kinda worked out though because somehow my sixline went carpet surfing on Saturday not sure how he managed to do that because the tank has a lid on it. I saved him from the dogs but he was already gone. I was kinda hopeing to get rid of the sixline anyways he was kinda the bully of the tank but I couldn't catch him.

Bummer about the Pistol's cave location. I bought a Coral Banded Shrimp yesterday and he has spent 99% of his time hiding behind my main rock piece. Maybe the shrimp can be coerced to make a new cave?

• 5 months later...
Polarcollision

How's your skimmer/filtration working? I'm getting an increase of 5Nitrates each week even running purigen, carbon, floss, and Tunze 9002 skimmer. It should be better... What numbers are you keeping with your filtration setup?

• 2 weeks later...

Nah left the stock pump it has a pretty good flow rate and its hard to find a better one that fits in the back.. You would have to do 2 seperate pumps to get the same flow with the pumps that will fit in the rear chamber

Archived