Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Livewyr25's Innovative Marine Nuvo 38 Build w/ Custom Stand

livewyr25

And now we have rocks!! Purple Rock was bought from a LFS to seed the other rock i got from BRS. This was my first shot at aquascaping and I think i like it! Let me know what you guys think!

znob.jpg

Coolhandreefer

Very nice, I did the same thing with my tank and added just 1 piece of liverock to seed my tank. Can't wait to watch it mature!

Waiting for the cycle stinks. Phosphates are leeching like crazy into my tank. IM Minimax midsize reactor with BRS GFO will be here soon!!!

Nice scaping. lotsa nice areas for some sps frags. Put them on the bridge! I would dedicate that rock on the bottom left to an anemone! or a large toadstool.

You'll be amaze how quick the coraline algae can spread to the other rocks with routine water change and good circulation. You need to get that MP10!

I'm impatient and here a little trick I did that worked really well. Scrape some coraline off the purple rock and spread it over the clean rocks. But don't forget to turn off all water flow for about an hour so the spores gets some time to attach itself to the rock.

You can't see because of the glare, but i do have the Mp10 attatched. I'll try that scraping tonight!! thanks!

On tuesday i followed Jay Wee's instructions to scrape some of the purple algae off of the rocks. I shut off all my pumps and did some scraping and rinsed the rocks back in the tank. Let it sit for an hour and turned everything back on. Look what i noticed today...

rock.jpg

hard to see, but if you look closely you will notice some purple dots growing on the white pukani rock. Thanks for the help Jay!

Get dwarf ceriths, Nassarius, Nerites, maybe a turbo or 2. Go to reefcleaners.org and get one of those package deals depending on tank size. They always give you more though. They only ship Wednesday so you're in time.

I got 2 new roomies last night. 2 tank raised ocellaris clownfish. Last night they were scared and woudn't eat. Just hovered in the upper left corner near the over flow. Thought i was gonna wake up to 2 dead clowns. But they look super happy this morning! I tried feeding them, but they wouldn't really eat the food. I only have New Life spectrum Thera+ A. the 1mm size. It might be a little too big. What does everyone feed their fish??

fish.jpg

Having a Huge diatom algae breakout. Just received my Minimax Midsize reactor and started using BRS GFO in it. This is a great simple reactor that fits easily in the back of the tank.

Current stock:

2 tank bred clownfish

2 blood fire shirmp

8 astrea snails

10 nassarius snails

And we have coral!!! Will post pics in a bit. Got a hammer frag and a Duncan. Drip acclimated them and then did a dip using Revive. Shook off some random stuff including 2 serpent star fishes.

I got 2 new roomies last night. 2 tank raised ocellaris clownfish. Last night they were scared and woudn't eat. Just hovered in the upper left corner near the over flow. Thought i was gonna wake up to 2 dead clowns. But they look super happy this morning! I tried feeding them, but they wouldn't really eat the food. I only have New Life spectrum Thera+ A. the 1mm size. It might be a little too big. What does everyone feed their fish??

fish.jpg

Diatom. Normal part of cycling. Really invest in that CUC. And also maybe an algae blenny? My algae blenny really works hard in my tank. It's super fun to watch it clean. Very aggressive cleaner. And they look super cool. Blend in with the rocks.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank looks awesome! I'm planning a build along the same lines as yours! Is there anyway you could link or PM me the instructions on building that stand? Also, how are you liking the Innovative Marine MiniMax Midsize reactor?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey so no one has posted on this in a while, figured I'd try to revive it. I discovered the IM nuvo 38 maybe a week ago and I'm in love with the design. I currently have a 29 gallon bowfront that I'd love to upgrade but I will likely have to wait to do that till I move next january (so far away I know :/ but If i wait, i can have my new tank waiting at the new place all set up and just do a nice easy transfer) I'd love to see where the tank is at now, how it's doing, what sorts of upgrades or changes you've done!!

maizenblue00

Hey mipster,

Livewyr25's been MIA for a while, just like I have been. We started our tanks around the same time (both Nuvo 38's). My build thread has updated pics from two days ago including pics of equipment.

I've managed to squeeze a protein skimmer, ATO, tumbler, and refugium while keeping it an all in one style tank. Maybe it'll help with your build....

~maize

Archived