ReefCleaners.org

Reprogramming the Typhon

MeepNand

Please keep me posted. and how much do you have done on it?

The other member is doing testing currently with an LCD shield and a DS18B20. I will try to coordinate his setup with the Typhon pinouts.

Tried the example sketches, still getting the same sync error.

Cant figure it out for the life of me.

Ask on the Arduino forum. They'll know.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

Fred here from Cape Town South Africa

my typhon gave up and a good friend has repaired it for me and used the some of the firmware on this thread but what i see on the the controller doesn't make much sence to me .

can somebody please help me with the bog standard code/firmware for the typhon so I can confirm that it really is functioning as it should

thanks so much in advance

fred

• Like 1

The standard, original Typhon code can be found on the boostled Typhon website: http://www.boostled.com/product_p/typhon.htm

Just download it and run. Do a google search if you get stuck, because I used it months/ years ago and forget how to work it.

There are instuctions for my code included with the download of my code on page 1 (I think).

• 2 years later...
mannycalavera2

Hi all, I know this is and old post, I want to assmable my led controller and I like this, but I have a question

Can I use an arduino mega and put the 16x2 lcd?

• Like 1
On 3/18/2017 at 0:41 PM, mannycalavera2 said:

Hi all, I know this is and old post, I want to assmable my led controller and I like this, but I have a question

Can I use an arduino mega and put the 16x2 lcd?

Yes you can, but you may need to change some of the pin assignments to suit the wiring you choose. You'll also need to wire up some buttons.

If I had to do this again, I would change to regular parabolic settings and just make the user select max values for each channel and start and end times. To that end, you may be better off writing the program yourself.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I am just building my own Arduino Mega based controller and was looking for the most up to date version of your sketch. Is that still the one in the first post? For some reason I can download the extras/libraries file but not the code file.