Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tomato Clown and Ocellaris Percula

Pragmatic Lemur

Pragmatic Lemur

Are these two compatable? I have both in my 75G tank, and the tomato keeps picking on the ocellaris. Will they be ok? Plus I have had the Ocellaris for a while, and I have been trying to ge him to get together with my BTA, but he wouldnt. The tomato swam into the BTA the second I put him in the tank. Now I need to find a different host for my Ocellaris, any suggestions?tomato.jpg

tomatoes, clarkiis and maroons tend to be much more aggressive than the percs. You may be only able to keep one species in a 75. IF you are ver concerned get another anenome or even a small xenia forest from him to host.

• 15 years later...
On 10/19/2019 at 9:41 PM, Lisa fulmer said:

We have 2 ocellaris clowns, a damsel, a foxface tang and a haitian anemone  in a 60 gal. We have a tomato clown in a 10 gal alone. Can we add him to the big tank?

I would not. Tomato's are more aggressive and larger than occys....clowns are territorial and are capable of killing other fish.

No. He'll object to your ocelliaris clowns, and to your damsel. You should either rehome him or get him an upgrade, though, 10 gallons isn't really enough for a tomato. You want something more like 30gal. They get about as big as a small hand. 

(It's also likely that "he" is a female, depending on how long it's been alone. The dominant clownfish in the group, or a single clown if they're alone, will wind up as a female.)

• 2 weeks later...