ReefCleaners.org

B's Reef

jbb

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

What do you need that for? Just drain it into your sump through a low micron sock. I have some single micron socks I can use if I feel the need for it. :)

What do you need that for? Just drain it into your sump through a low micron sock. I have some single micron socks I can use if I feel the need for it. :)

This is true.

Also, JBB - if the Pax Bellum folks can basically make a reactor into an algae scrubber, why can't you? Just buy an inexpensive reactor, rig up some inexpensive plastic egg-crate or mesh-like material and use one of the Nano-Glo LEDs or the 10W single LED from InTank.

This is true. Also, JBB - if the Pax Bellum folks can basically make a reactor into an algae scrubber, why can't you? Just buy an inexpensive reactor, rig up some inexpensive plastic egg-crate or mesh-like material and use one of the Nano-Glo LEDs or the 10W single LED from InTank.
10w probably isn't enough light. (Enter Benny )

I like this product a lot but why do they always show stuff with overly large particles of gravel. Be interested to see how much if regular sand or fine sand it pulls up along with the crud.Also I am considering the filter sock option like Benny said. I think my gravel vac has a long enough tubing that I can just thread it through to the sock I already have installed in the sump

I already use a gravel vac, with a felt sock in the sump to clean my display. This would be for vacuuming the actual sump. my other option would be just some simple tubing attached to a maxi jet pump feeding directly to my filter sock . The cobalt system just looks fancy.

This is true. Also, JBB - if the Pax Bellum folks can basically make a reactor into an algae scrubber, why can't you? Just buy an inexpensive reactor, rig up some inexpensive plastic egg-crate or mesh-like material and use one of the Nano-Glo LEDs or the 10W single LED from InTank.

to build something even remotely close to what they offer that would work well on what is probably a 110 gallon system might actually end up costing me more than the 350 that they are asking for the unit
jedimasterben

10w probably isn't enough light. (Enter Benny )

I like this product a lot but why do they always show stuff with overly large particles of gravel. Be interested to see how much if regular sand or fine sand it pulls up along with the crud. Also I am considering the filter sock option like Benny said. I think my gravel vac has a long enough tubing that I can just thread it through to the sock I already have installed in the sump

Just attach a longer hose, Home Depot sells tubing for dirt cheap. Literally, I've bought dirt that costs more :lol:

I already use a gravel vac, with a felt sock in the sump to clean my display. This would be for vacuuming the actual somethingfor vacuuming the actual sump. my other option would be just some simple tubing attached to a maxi jet pump feeding directly to my filter sock . The cobalt system just looks fancy.

Just do what I do, take a power head and just stir it up and let the filtration take care of it. Free coral food :)

to build something even remotely close to what they offer that would work well on what is probably a 110 gallon system might actually end up costing me more than the 350 that they are asking for the unit

All you realistically need to do is take a piece of mesh (can't remember what it's called i think cross-stitch), put it in your sump where your drain comes down, and then put a very strong light on that, and it will grow the balls out of algae. Won't be as efficient as a waterfall-style scrubber lit on both sides, but it will do the job and not look too ugly.

ok so I feel like a complete idiot. Yesterday I mentioned that my alk was in the 12dkH range, when actually that was a lie. My newly mixed SW was that high , but the tank is running :

Cal = 460

Alk = 7.56

Mg = 1320

PO4 = 0.09

Trates = 5

SG = 35ppt

Temp = 77.9*F

Tests ran @ 3:30pm

phates are a little higher than suggested, but I just replaced the GFO so it should start to come down a little.

jedimasterben

As long as you aren't seeing insane algae growth and coral browning, I wouldn't worry about your phosphate reading.

Who do I listen to? :slap:

I listen to ReHype, I would follow him into a blue ringed octopus.

I listen to NanoTopia, she keeps me honest.

You're my go to guy for LPS.Oh by the way, you're in mortal danger on Intanks thread.

Intank is still in business and has a thread?

Archived