Top Shelf Aquatics

B's Reef

jbb

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been so busy, I haven't had time to really mess with anything but I do have parts on order for a closed-loop system

Holy cow! lol

everything pretty much died after my move except for the one clam the kat helped me save. I also have a couple of Lobos , some palys , and a hammer coral, but everything else is gone. When I had issues with the clam we decided that my system was stripped of all of the nutrients since I changed all of the water when I moved. so I just left the tank alone, waited until my lights were squared away, let the system dirty up, and pretty much took a step back and let it run. I would do top off, 5 gallon water change here and there, but nothing major.

placed an order for some acrylic rods today, 3/8 & 1/4" . Hopefully I can get some scaping done in the next week or two.

Tank is 48Lx20Wx21T , I'm open to suggestions on the scape. I only have fiji to work with, so I cant get too crazy. Hammers & chisels are at the ready.

Too clean, looks unnatural. Might as well be fake corals. :)

send me something better . I'm getting nowhere with my attempts so far.

You looked through all the featured reefs? I prefer more of a chaotic look, but that's just me.

WaWaWang

fulltankshot.jpg

MasterMind (probably the most artsy fartsy of the tanks I like)

fulltankshot.jpg

Imsky

fulltankshot.jpg

Asureef

fts.jpg

flsvedlund

fts.jpg

What he had before looked like a cascading rock pile like some of those you posted Mark.

He might be looking for more structure, more definition, hence the acrylic rods.

picture041.jpg

d7tYm.jpg

PB119563.jpg

slider_03.jpg

placed an order for some acrylic rods today, 3/8 & 1/4" . Hopefully I can get some scaping done in the next week or two.

Tank is 48Lx20Wx21T , I'm open to suggestions on the scape. I only have fiji to work with, so I cant get too crazy. Hammers & chisels are at the ready.

ima need a 10 inch piece of that 3/8"..... :flower:

You looked through all the featured reefs? I prefer more of a chaotic look, but that's just me.

MasterMind (probably the most artsy fartsy of the tanks I like)

fulltankshot.jpg

Asureef

fts.jpg

What he had before looked like a cascading rock pile like some of those you posted Mark.

He might be looking for more structure, more definition, hence the acrylic rods.

picture041.jpg

I like those.

My main thing is to have more definition in my scape. I want a more 3D look to the tank instead of the 2D rock wall that I seem to always end up with. I am a fan of the minimalist scaping, but I'm not dead set on going that route.

ima need a 10 inch piece of that 3/8"..... :flower:

You got it .

That tank is super clean. BUT really? A blue tang that big? lol

Wasn't going for an EXACT replica. LOL

just the rox ;)

Did a lot of cleaning today .

• vaccum sand
  • scrape glass
  • 25g water change

So the rocks are sort of just tossed about. You can see that I'm pretty much working with boulders which really sucks. Maybe I can snag some tonga or something from the LFS next weekend. I really want to hide that damn overflow box, it is made of textured ABS and you can't scrape it clean.

https://flic.kr/p/nKNrLr'>14279163285_87d0efc3df_c.jpg

Wasn't going for an EXACT replica. LOL

just the rox ;)

I know what you mean. I'm just saying....that owner....what was he thinking when he added that blue tang...lol.

I'm really liking this

DSC_0041-1.jpg

I'm really liking this

DSC_0041-1.jpg

That picture is Sonny's be prepared to pay out the nose for posting it ;). He had that Hippo for YEARS one day it jumped and he found it to late. He was really bummed for months.

14279163285_87d0efc3df_c.jpg

picture041.jpg

The big difference between these is the slenderness of the rocks, i.e. their thin in 1 direction rather than just boulders. Not sure if he's glued together a bunch of rubble or what. Good looking for sure.

That tank is super clean. BUT really? A blue tang that big? lol

He had it from a baby and upgraded 2 times for that hippo. So don't always assume people just add big fish. That tank B posted was over 150 gallons.

Second upgrade

Then he upgraded to over 300 for the Hippo and it jumped.

That picture is Sonny's be prepared to pay out the nose for posting it ;).
He can add it to my account.

Who is Sonny?
Sonny Harajly

Archived