SaltCritters.com

EZ's IM Nuvo 24 Build

Eckozulu

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the stand looks very similar to what I did with my 120 stand build used the granite top and everything. Now my Nuvo 24 sits in my kitchen on a little desk area that has granite as well. Love the tank stand and everything about it. Only suggestion I would have is maybe switch over to the maxspect razor not sure that Vega has enough spread for the tank but thats just me. Waiting to get my 2 Mini Maxs today and my skimmer so looking foward to getting those in action tonight.

I am definately taggin along!! Not many of us in the Nuvo 24 club yet.

Cameron6796

I am definately taggin along!! Not many of us in the Nuvo 24 club yet.

Yeah me too!!! And your right hopefully i can join soon really love this tank

Any updates

if u dnt mind me asking, how much did u spend on supplies for the stand. am very inspired by it and might build something alike when i get my im38

• 3 weeks later...

Your aquarium is great. The equipment choices are top notch and I really like the addition of the refugium on the back. Nice to know that the small CPR Fuge will fit in the center back chamber. I plan to do the same thing with my aquarium. I also really like the choices of fish you added. The color they bring to the system is eye catching. Looking forward to following along.

Thanks everyone!!! Btw, just ordered the intank basket combo!!!

I just placed an order as well. Have been waiting for these for quite some time. Can't wait to receive them.

Holy shit!!!! it's out!!???!!? Ok I'm gonna order too. Hey what fuge light will you guys be using?

Have not figured out which light to use yet. At ideas?

I use a fugeray 16". And I have to rip out chaeto all the time!!!

I like the fugeray lighting systems. I have two fugeray 2 36" long fixtures on my Nuvo 24. My LFS has the fugeray so I may just have to pick one up.

Holy crap! Your stand build puts mine to absolute shame! I wish you could see me kicking myself for not coming up with the vanity skin idea lol. I absolutely love the look of the rimless tanks with a granite top.

Your tank is coming along very nicely. I can't wait to watch this one!

• 4 weeks later...

Great build, I've been contemplating upgrading my Nuvo 8 to a 24 as it's basically 3 8's right next to each other from what I can tell from the dimensions.

Any updates?

Which size EXT rail are you using (6, 12, 18)? How do you like the coverage? I have 3 SOL Super Blues laying around. Do you think 2 is overkill for this size tank?

• 3 months later...

So far so good. I have picked up a lot of tips from this thread. Especialy the Petco stand and custom shelf.

I am thing of getting a white NUVO 24 also. My only consern is that it might wash out the colors of the coral. Would Black make the colors pop more?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived