Innovative Marine Aquariums

EZ's IM Nuvo 24 Build

Eckozulu

Well, I've decided to upgrade from my 5 gallon spec v, to a Nuvo 24. Still new to the hobby, but already addicted. Here's what I got so far:

IM Nuvo 24

AI Vega Color, Controller, EXT mount and rails

(2) Eheim 1000 compact pumps

(2) IM Spin Stream Nozzles

Tunze 9002 nano skimmer, (upgraded StevieT cup)

IM Minimax reactor 350ml

IM Minimax reactor 150ml

Ecotech Vortech MP10w ES, and battery back-up

1/10hp JBJ Artica Chiller

100w Cobalt Neotherm Heater

150w Jager heater (don't know which one im gonna use.)

Tunze 3155 Osmolator

Reek Keeper Lite w/ SL1 module. temp and PH probe

Things I'm waiting on:

(2) StevieT media baskets

CPR Aquafuge2 small

Granite Slab for my Stand

(2) BRS dosers

Hopefully a Acrylic mesh top and something to hide all the stuff in the back chamber.

Well, that's it for now. Missing anything equipment wise?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's rated for 24 x 24, but everyone I know with them has them turned way down. Planning on raising it a little and have sea fan and tubes at the ends. Got a Lux meter to get some numbers, and i'll supplement with some kessils if i need to. Hopefully i won't since it's a shallow tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Can;t believe I missed this too. Amazing stand. So well though out!!! Love it guy!

How's the flow in the tank with both spin stream and MP10? I'm only using the spinstreams right now but once I start stocking it with corals I'll get that a MP10.

And how many fishes do you have in there? I love the idea of have more than 2 clowns but worried about overstocking.

I love the MP10! Some problems with blowing sand, but I'm gonna order a shield from pic0, then raise it up a bit.

For live stock, I got the 3 clowns, flame angel, blood fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp, and a couple of blue leg hermits. Waiting to move an emerald crab from my other tank.

Still planning for a mandarin, but gotta wait awhile. I think the cpr refugium will help raising the copepods, but it overflows into the back chamber, so I'll probably have to replenish them once a month or so.

With our long tanks, I think we can probably do 9 or so fish, but I'll do 6, max 7. But I also do weekly 10% water changes, run 2 chemipures, 2 purigens, carbon reactor, wet skim, GFO reactor, and fuge. I try to keep it clean.

Thanks for the compliments, still jealous of your stand!

Hey nice tank. Love the flame angel. How is the CPR refugium small working out. Does it fit properly? Would the medium size fit? Any chance of a pic of it? Thanks.

I love the small fuge. Fits into the middle chamber perfect. If u went with a medium, you're probably gonna spread out between the second and fourth chamber. I'll post some pics later tonight for ya. Thanks for the compliments!

Looks amazing!!! That skimmer's awesome looking. What kinda boxy cup is that? I need a change of skimmer. Mine IM skimmer isn't working out. Still tons of micro bubbles.

Cameron6796

Will be following along supppppppppeerrrr cool buil im dying to do this do you think that this tank is enough for the flame angel it's my dream fish and the nuvo 24 is my dream tank

The skimmer is a tunze nano 9002, with a stevieT intank media slim collection cup. The skimmer pulls out a lot of nastiness!!! After the first day, no micro bubbles. StevieT also sold me the skimmer with a loose magnet, saves u a lot of time and saved me some precious space.

My flame angel is very happy in this tank, lots of room to swim, picked out his own cave, and hasn't showed any signs of stress yet. I love the nuvo24!

The skimmer is a tunze nano 9002, with a stevieT intank media slim collection cup. The skimmer pulls out a lot of nastiness!!! After the first day, no micro bubbles. StevieT also sold me the skimmer with a loose magnet, saves u a lot of time and saved me some precious space.

My flame angel is very happy in this tank, lots of room to swim, picked out his own cave, and hasn't showed any signs of stress yet. I love the nuvo24!

I think I might have to get myself this tunze nano 9002. How's the fit? Pardon my ignorance but what does the loose magnet do?

kriskristofferzen

That stand is awesome. May I ask if the countertop was included with the kit or extra and approximate price? How did you attach the stand to the outer "skin"? Well done with the recessed controls. What are the two switches on the far right (white)?

The tunze fits in the fourth chamber along with a 150ml IM minimax reactor. Plenty of space, because of the loose magnet. The regular skimmer comes with the magnet on the side, and most people cut it off, so they can place it anywhere they want. And most people end up ripping a huge hole in the skimmer. The loose magnet allowed me to place the magnet in the back, saving me about 2 in. Also didn't have to cut anything.

To kris: I got my granite top from a granite countertop place. Just asked if I could buy a remnant, picked it out of some scraps and $80 later, it was cut and polished to the dimensions I wanted.

The "skin" was a 36'' vanity from Home Depot, for i think $120. I ripped it down from 22" deep to 18" deep. Then had to rebuild new drawers. Built the frame to the inner dimensions of the vanity, then countersunk some screws in it. U can't see the screws, because I put trim around it.

The two switches are: 1. Turns off all my pumps, skimmer, and media reactors. 2. There is a pump in the cabinet that I toss into a bucket and it goes to my tank for water changes.

I have a ball valve inline from a pump to the chiller, that I just turn and it drains. Then I use the other pump to pump water back in. I can do a 3 gallon water change in 5 mins. Love that!!!

Thanks to you all for checking it out!

Cameron6796

Good because i really think the fish is absolutely stunning the tank as well yours is coming along nice good luck and keep us up to date p.s. what are you feeding the angel

Archived