inTank Media Baskets

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

oooookkkkaaay. It's allowed this time.

Good :lol:

Every time I mow, he sits at the back door looking through the opening I leave him in the blinds, he sits there and watches me and meows every time I pass by lol

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good :lol:

Every time I mow, he sits at the back door looking through the opening I leave him in the blinds, he sits there and watches me and meows every time I pass by lol

That's really cute! One of our cats is a total "need to be by your side" type. His favorite place to sit is on my shoulder and he obsessively headbutts me. Of course, having a 10 lb cat climb up your back to your shoulder isn't always fun. And he always seems to do it when I'm not ready and on a conference call or something.

jedimasterben

Got home earlier and went right to work testing each of the Nanobox boards to make sure that the reflow went ok and that all the LEDs would light up. Hooked up all four channels in series to an Inventronics 700mA driver with a potentiometer turned all the way down (so between 10-20% current, 70-140mA) and luckily every one of them lit up no problem. Still seeing spots lol.

20150620_233600.jpg

Oh, and without a heatsink, YES they get HOT, even at such a low current. I kept the first string lit for a couple of seconds testing the potentiometer and when I unplugged it the back of the PCB was too hot to touch. :o

jedimasterben

We need some more photos of your tank and your fishes.

It looks like turds right now with the pair of Coral Compulsion PAR38s on it, so it'll take a little bit to get everything back looking nice again lol.

For the time being, I will leave you all with this :)

20150624_205318.jpg

It looks like turds right now with the pair of Coral Compulsion PAR38s on it, so it'll take a little bit to get everything back looking nice again lol.

For the time being, I will leave you all with this :)

20150624_205318.jpg

what is that???

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

How're the QT'd fish doing?

The four of them remaining are well, eating healthy, fat bellies, no flashing. Tank is on autopilot, a little hair algae from the skimmer not really skimming well (inconsistent feeding means the foam head won't stay), but I have the replacement for it here now. The rabbitfish would love the algae, I'll bet he salivates looking over at it lol

That was another sign I ignored. Skimmer output dropped to near nothing. Would this mean my skimmer is undersized, oversized, not applicable?

Glad to hear the remaining fish are well.

jedimasterben

That was another sign I ignored. Skimmer output dropped to near nothing. Would this mean my skimmer is undersized, oversized, not applicable?

Glad to hear the remaining fish are well.

My skimmer pump is too much for the body. The air draw on the Bubble Blaster series is enormous while keeping a similar water draw to the stock pumps. This body is the 150, between the 110 and 200 sizes, but the pump is rated for the 200, and the smaller Bubble Blaster is rated for the 110, there isn't a pump in the middle. If organics in the tank are high enough, it skims thick and black, but if it drops too low, it won't keep a consistent foam head and skimmate production all but ceases. I have so much to do lately that I have been systematically neglecting the tank and just forgetting to feed it, so the skimmer was just like HAHAHA NOPE. Replacement is a standard Reef Octopus 110 with Aquatrance pump.

Yours is a Reef Octopus 2000 right? That should have the same Bubble Blaster pump that I have, but the body will be properly sized.

My skimmer pump is too much for the body. The air draw on the Bubble Blaster series is enormous while keeping a similar water draw to the stock pumps. This body is the 150, between the 110 and 200 sizes, but the pump is rated for the 200, and the smaller Bubble Blaster is rated for the 110, there isn't a pump in the middle. If organics in the tank are high enough, it skims thick and black, but if it drops too low, it won't keep a consistent foam head and skimmate production all but ceases. I have so much to do lately that I have been systematically neglecting the tank and just forgetting to feed it, so the skimmer was just like HAHAHA NOPE. Replacement is a standard Reef Octopus 110 with Aquatrance pump.

Yours is a Reef Octopus 2000 right? That should have the same Bubble Blaster pump that I have, but the body will be properly sized.

Mine is the SRO-XP2000INT with a neck extender. It hasn't overflowed since installing the extender but seems to go through periods of not skimming even though the output from the biopellet reactor is right next to it.

jedimasterben

My planted tank got some love today :)

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

New betta from yoshii! Super awesome! I know the glass is super dirty :lol:
IMG_2491.jpg

The dust looking bits are from the golden pearls I just fed to the tank.
IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

Very nice, Ben! My 90g planted tank recently developed blackbeard algae. I've been fighting the good fight but I think I'm going to have to get rid of all the plants and nuke the gravel to get rid of it.

Archived