gena

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

~LadyBug~

My cloves might like your tank ;) I don't have any ricordea to give right now, but I have the green rhodactis mushrooms :D

Oh, I hope they don't become rare here! The guy said they get them in quite often. Hopefully they'll have plenty when I'm ready to get them.

I will have a lot of cloves for sure, probably the green rhodactis as well. If those interest you at all, let me know :)

Finger's crossed!

I had cloves last year, and they did well for a while and then started receding for seemingly no reason. And I've shot my reefing budget for probably the next six months on a additional LED strip for the BTA, unfortunately. Other than a small local store credit, my tank is just going to be growing in for a while...hopefully you'll still be fragging pretties in a while and I can swing shipping, because I love you stuff!

Fragging zoas is so easy peasy you'll be fine. Just get down to the rock around the polyps you want to frag with a blade, then pop the piece of rock off underneath. How I did yours! ;)

I've fragged mine by cutting the zoas off at the base, not the LR, and then super-glued them down with eleen's(sp?) metal/jewelry glue and they did fine, if you can't manage to cut your rock.

The gecko is adorable! I had one a couple of years ago, but it died on me and I'd just started the reef tank too and I decided I enjoyed that more. They really are the cutest things. Have you found this gecko forum yet? Loads of cool pictures and ways to get into even deeper trouble :wub::D

• Like 1

FlCandy

AWW! He is so cute! I love reptiles, and I am hoping to get my gray banded King snake soon, I had a ball python years ago and gave him to a friend when he got to be about 4' long. Awesome pet.

So excited for your new tank to get to you! You're helping me pay for my lights you know! ;)B) Can't wait to get these Zoas to you, their all looking at 2-4 polyos now and 6 on the Fire and Ice. Girl be glad we locked the price when we did designers for a steal! :lol:

• Like 3

eitallent

Aw... what a sweet, little critter. I love his tiny suction cup toes. :wub:

• Like 3

gena

Awww what a cute gecko!

I was thinking about one of these guys but got a skink instead. I also HATE crickets. But the crested geckos don't have to have crickets. They prepared food is just fine for them. Plus they are so cute :)

The guy said that as they get older they won't really eat many crickets, but when they are young it's good to feed them crickets a lot to put on the weight. I think that's what he said LOL. Something along those lines!

Finger's crossed!

I had cloves last year, and they did well for a while and then started receding for seemingly no reason. And I've shot my reefing budget for probably the next six months on a additional LED strip for the BTA, unfortunately. Other than a small local store credit, my tank is just going to be growing in for a while...hopefully you'll still be fragging pretties in a while and I can swing shipping, because I love you stuff!

I've fragged mine by cutting the zoas off at the base, not the LR, and then super-glued them down with eleen's(sp?) metal/jewelry glue and they did fine, if you can't manage to cut your rock.

The gecko is adorable! I had one a couple of years ago, but it died on me and I'd just started the reef tank too and I decided I enjoyed that more. They really are the cutest things. Have you found this gecko forum yet? Loads of cool pictures and ways to get into even deeper trouble :wub::D

As long as my cloves don't decide to whither away after the transfer, I should have plenty for a long time! Whenever you are ready, just let me know!!!!!

Oh cool...thanks for the link!!!! Didn't even think about getting on a lizard forum LOL. I'll have to spend some time checking it out. :D

AWW! He is so cute! I love reptiles, and I am hoping to get my gray banded King snake soon, I had a ball python years ago and gave him to a friend when he got to be about 4' long. Awesome pet.

So excited for your new tank to get to you! You're helping me pay for my lights you know! ;)B) Can't wait to get these Zoas to you, their all looking at 2-4 polyos now and 6 on the Fire and Ice. Girl be glad we locked the price when we did designers for a steal! :lol:

I'm going to test the water in my rock cycling tank, tomorrow. If it's improved a lot maybe I'll go ahead and get that order from you now and stick the macros in the cycling tank. They should love the ammonia, don't you think? As long as it's not too high. The zoas I can stick in the 28g. I'll pm you tomorrow when I know something. ;)

Aw... what a sweet, little critter. I love his tiny suction cup toes. :wub:

They are the cutest little toes!!!! :wub:

FlCandy

No worries! Take your time their here for you.

• Like 1

surgicalsense

That is really neat about A new pet and hobby. P wants another kitten. I do not completely mind, but I will be taking care of the new baby. I pretty much am the only one that cares for Ella <_< and two tanks.

I have no patients :lol: ... when will you be posting any update pictures? I did, finally :P

• Like 2

gena

No worries! Take your time their here for you.

Thank you :) The cycle is going really well. Ammonia has dropped in half and nitrite is up higher. Nitrate too. Shouldn't be but maybe one more week. It's actually all coming together perfectly. I think the rock will be cycled just in time for the new tank being set up!!!!! :happydance:

That is really neat about A new pet and hobby. P wants another kitten. I do not completely mind, but I will be taking care of the new baby. I pretty much am the only one that cares for Ella <_< and two tanks.

I have no patients :lol: ... when will you be posting any update pictures? I did, finally :P

Probably no pictures of this until next week! If I'm lucky, the tank will be done this week and then set up next week! I still have to order my Razor!!!!!

I will try to get some photos of the 28g tank up today though.

• Like 4

Nepenthe

Well this is exciting! You'll love the Razor!

• Like 1

gena

Well this is exciting! You'll love the Razor!

Thanks!!!! I have to say, I'm excited about running all LEDs again. :D

Just have to get a few more dollars in my PP account and then the light will be ordered. Hopefully it will happen this week. :happydance:

• Like 1

Felicia

Exciting! Do you think the new tank will be there by the time I stop by next monday? I'd love to see it in person on that beautiful purple stand :)

• Like 1

gena

Exciting! Do you think the new tank will be there by the time I stop by next monday? I'd love to see it in person on that beautiful purple stand :)

The way things work at my LFS....most likely not LOL :( You'll get to see the stand though :D Best case scenario, the tank is in on Friday, he paints it the same day and installs it Saturday. I think that's asking too much of them though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that though!!!! :)

I don't have any update photos of this setup, but I do have photos of the creatures that will all be going in here. This is from today from my 28g tank:

060313no1_zps4060046c.jpg

060313no2_zps0364c8c1.jpg

blurry, but here's where he's been excavating

060313no3_zps901e9cb1.jpg

060313no4_zpsff626d04.jpg

060313no5_zps03785e7c.jpg

060313no6_zpsb77a354f.jpg

FTS 06/03/13

060313no7_zps8cb37a7b.jpg

• Like 16

Felicia

The way things work at my LFS....most likely not LOL :( You'll get to see the stand though :D Best case scenario, the tank is in on Friday, he paints it the same day and installs it Saturday. I think that's asking too much of them though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that though!!!! :)

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for that, but I'll be content to see the pretty stand and the current tank :)

As I said in your other thread, gorgeous new photos!

• Like 2

eitallent

Wow! @_@ Great colors.

How come most everything we want takes longer than we expect and everything we don't want happens quickly? <_<

Come on tank!! :)

• Like 2

Zia

Dang that's a awesome tank, i didnt know you rolled like that! I have Paly Grandis envy. Those colors are so rich. Whats that cool looking mushroom with bubs to the right of the grandis?

• Like 3

1.0reef

Love this tank, especially considering it's softy/gorg dominated, not enough of those tanks.

• Like 4

Gramophone

Absolutely love this, Gena! The colors are just wonderful.

• Like 1

gena

Wow! @_@ Great colors.

How come most everything we want takes longer than we expect and everything we don't want happens quickly? <_<

Come on tank!! :)

Thanks, E!!!!! I know what you mean LOL.

Dang that's a awesome tank, i didnt know you rolled like that! I have Paly Grandis envy. Those colors are so rich. Whats that cool looking mushroom with bubs to the right of the grandis?

:happy: Thanks! Those palys have really exploded lately. That's a St. Thomas mushroom with the bubs. I love that it looks like a BTA...sort of :)

Love this tank, especially considering it's softy/gorg dominated, not enough of those tanks.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Absolutely love this, Gena! The colors are just wonderful.

Thanks!!!! OMG....love your new sig!!!!! I'm going to be needing a new sig soon myself. :happy:

Gena, that is an amazing looking setup!

Quick question for you. Are the purple gorgs in there this by any chance:

http://live-plants.com/purpleribbon.htm

Thank you!!!! None of my gorgs are that variety, but I plan to get one with this upgrade. I just don't have the room right now and I've always loved those purple ribbon gorgs!!!!!

Non-tank related update...on our new gecko. We fed him crickets for the first time yesterday and he went NUTZ for them. It was so cute! LOL I didn't feel the least bit sorry for the crickets either :lol: I was so proud of our little guy catching those bugs. His pupils dilated and you could see him get excited when we put the crickets in. My son and I high-fived each other with each catch LOL.

• Like 1

eitallent

Non-tank related update...on our new gecko. We fed him crickets for the first time yesterday and he went NUTZ for them. It was so cute! LOL I didn't feel the least bit sorry for the crickets either :lol: I was so proud of our little guy catching those bugs. His pupils dilated and you could see him get excited when we put the crickets in. My son and I high-fived each other with each catch LOL.

It must have been cute to watch. We have a rescued little, bitty tortoise that gets super excited (for a tortoise) when he sees we gave him earth worms from the garden. Hey, we are all hunters deep down. However, I always feel sorry for the prey. But that is the way of the world and we have got to live with it or perish. Right?

• Like 1

jedimasterben

We have a rescued little, bitty tortoise that gets super excited (for a tortoise) when he sees we gave him earth worms from the garden.

tumblr_lshw4w5Thj1qhe380.png

• Like 2

gena

It must have been cute to watch. We have a rescued little, bitty tortoise that gets super excited (for a tortoise) when he sees we gave him earth worms from the garden. Hey, we are all hunters deep down. However, I always feel sorry for the prey. But that is the way of the world and we have got to live with it or perish. Right?

This is true! I usually feel sorry for the prey, but for some reason I didn't with the crickets. I was just so happy and proud of him for catching them. And knowing he was getting nutrition to grow big and strong by eating them. I look forward to next week when we can get him more crickets LOL.

Our shop had tortoises in, they are so adorable. :happy:

• Like 1

eitallent

This is true! I usually feel sorry for the prey, but for some reason I didn't with the crickets. I was just so happy and proud of him for catching them. And knowing he was getting nutrition to grow big and strong by eating them. I look forward to next week when we can get him more crickets LOL.

Our shop had tortoises in, they are so adorable. :happy:

We named ours Archie. The child that had him named him Tuck and painted two Ts on the shell with brick red glitter nail polish. Why would parents let this happen. Poor little tortoise.

We have had him for almost two years. He was the size of a half dollar then and he has trippled in size. His shell is growing perfectly, which was my main concern when reading up on his diet.

Archie is a pretty chill guy until he sees an earthworm, then his neck stretches out really long, his eyes open wide and dilate and he plods over to the worm as fast as I imagine a tortoise can go.

Funny!

gena

I finally got around to rinsing out my beautiful crystal sump today! And I even opened the skimmer box today and put it all together!!!!! Everything is set up under the stand now. I just need to attach the pump to the skimmer. Here it is.... :D:happydance:

sump_zpsa410e727.jpg

sump2_zpsf352842e.jpg

Got a little bit closer to ordering my lights today too!!!!

• Like 9

Squared

Squared likes this thread..also, that's a lot of purple

• Like 2

FlowerMama

ditto what someone said about your grandis paly and st. Thomas shroom. Your colors blend so well and textures, doesn't look forced into a landscape. So natural looking.

• Like 2