gena

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

Zia

No pictures until I have the tank in place. I'm gonna make y'all wait :lol:

No pictures, what? Ok just don't make us wait as long as 'Surgicalsense' makes us wait.

• Like 3

JoelRHale

Hey gorgeous. Just dropping by to say I miss the gang.

• Like 3

surgicalsense

I'm good! Can you believe I want out of this state!

How did I miss you want to move?

No pictures, what? Ok just don't make us wait as long as 'Surgicalsense' makes us wait.

Oh ... dang, as I go and walk and sit in the corner on that one. Gena always post pictures promptly. Me, well needless to say :P

Yay! I can't wait as usual. :D

... Paige is in Cali, I assumed you would see that on fb. Just got there today. Hopefully I can get there in August.

• Like 1

airman_verde04

I kinda had my eye on NR's Indiana Jones :lol: His fiance may not allow fake GFs though. I should let my husband know I have a fake BF ;):rolleyes:

His loss, my gain! :happydance:

:wub::flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Like 1

gena

You suck. :P

I know LOL

I would never do that to you guys ;)

Hey gorgeous. Just dropping by to say I miss the gang.

:flower: You KNOW we miss you something bad!!!!

... Paige is in Cali, I assumed you would see that on fb. Just got there today. Hopefully I can get there in August.

I saw on FB!!! I loved the Grand Canyon photos! Did they stay the night there or just stop in for the day?

His loss, my gain! :happydance:

:wub::flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

LOL :D

Ho hum.....no tank this week. Well, maybe Friday. It's not ready yet. I kinda figured as much since it seemed unrealistically fast to have been done by last Friday.

Looks like we may be getting a crested gecko :wub: My son REALLY wants one. They are adorable. I want it for the vivarium ;)

• Like 5

FlCandy

Geckos are awesome!

• Like 1

HVani

Crested geckos are awesome!

Super cute and easy to take care of.

• Like 1

gena

Geckos are awesome!

Crested geckos are awesome!

Super cute and easy to take care of.

They really are awesome. And so cute!!!! LOL

He originally wanted a bearded dragon, but the cost for initial setup and maintaining is so much more than a little gecko. I think the geckos are cuter too. He's been wanting a lizard for so long. Maybe Thursday we'll get one for him. My LFS also specializes in lizards and the owner's girlfriend raises her own geckos (and bearded dragons too). She's a wealth of knowledge on these little guys.

• Like 2

surgicalsense

They stayed the weekend.

• Like 1

eitallent

Cannot wait to see peek-tures! :)

I am so glad you really like the way the stand looks in the den. The color is wonderful.

• Like 1

surgicalsense

I wish I was there so I can see your tank :)

• Like 1

Felicia

I can't wait for you to get the new tank! I need more photos! :D

• Like 2

gena

I can't wait for you to get the new tank! I need more photos! :D

Well, the tank won't be ready until next week :( I guess the starphire pane had a noticeable scratch on it so they are redoing it. I'm disappointed but also more than happy to wait and thankful that they just didn't send it as it was!!!!!! So probably next week Friday LOL.

In happy news...my son (and I) are now the proud owners of an adorable baby crested gecko :wub:

gecko2_zps07ae3d41.jpg

gecko1_zps5d2b462d.jpg

gecko3_zps4f8e68dd.jpg

gecko4_zps4cdd66ae.jpg

I'm absolutely in love!!!! :lol: We both want to raise them eventually. They are so sweet! He named it Alduin. I think I spelled that right. It's from some game he plays :D

I think they said the pattern is called "tiger".

• Like 4

ajayjack

Well, the tank won't be ready until next week :( I guess the starphire pane had a noticeable scratch on it so they are redoing it. I'm disappointed but also more than happy to wait and thankful that they just didn't send it as it was!!!!!! So probably next week Friday LOL.

In happy news...my son (and I) are now the proud owners of an adorable baby crested gecko :wub:

gecko2_zps07ae3d41.jpg

gecko1_zps5d2b462d.jpg

gecko3_zps4f8e68dd.jpg

gecko4_zps4cdd66ae.jpg

I'm absolutely in love!!!! :lol: We both want to raise them eventually. They are so sweet! He named it Alduin. I think I spelled that right. It's from some game he plays :D

lol awesome. what does it eat?

gena

lol awesome. what does it eat?

I know!!!! He eats "Gecko Smoothie Mix" which has a ton of delicious sounding ingredients...seriously LOL and crickets. You should get one ;)
  • Like 1

Felicia

Adorable! What a cute, tiny little thing. I would have a pet gecko if I didn't find buying live crickets to feed it totally gross. I don't mind bugs all that much but crickets creep me out for some reason. I'll just enjoy photos of your gecko :)

gena

Adorable! What a cute, tiny little thing. I would have a pet gecko if I didn't find buying live crickets to feed it totally gross. I don't mind bugs all that much but crickets creep me out for some reason. I'll just enjoy photos of your gecko :)

Crickets don't bother me at all. If it was baby mice/mice....no freakin way!!!! LOL These guys are just toooo cute!!!!!

She/he is very little. It is 3 months old. When it's 6 months old we can switch it over to a bigger cage with live plants and the works. I can't wait for that :D

My son is funding this new hobby of his with toys he no longer plays with. I spent a good part of the day today going through his closet and bins of toys. I've listed a few things on eBay today but have so much more to list still. omgomgomg as I was typing this, I just heard my iPhone go off alerting me that I sold something on eBay...it was one of his toys....YES!!!!! I have a guy stopping by to buy some Star Wars stuff tomorrow too. With that and this sale just now, today's gecko purchase will be totally paid for :happydance:

• Like 5

Felicia

Crickets don't bother me at all. If it was baby mice/mice....no freakin way!!!! LOL These guys are just toooo cute!!!!!

She/he is very little. It is 3 months old. When it's 6 months old we can switch it over to a bigger cage with live plants and the works. I can't wait for that :D

My son is funding this new hobby of his with toys he no longer plays with. I spent a good part of the day today going through his closet and bins of toys. I've listed a few things on eBay today but have so much more to list still. omgomgomg as I was typing this, I just heard my iPhone go off alerting me that I sold something on eBay...it was one of his toys....YES!!!!! I have a guy stopping by to buy some Star Wars stuff tomorrow too. With that and this sale just now, today's gecko purchase will be totally paid for :happydance:

Awesome! I love that you're funding so much stuff just by selling on ebay! You're running even more of a business than me with my coral sales.

Its going to be awesome when you can put that little guy in with live plants. Will you ever be able to tell if its a male or a female?

gena

Awesome! I love that you're funding so much stuff just by selling on ebay! You're running even more of a business than me with my coral sales.

Its going to be awesome when you can put that little guy in with live plants. Will you ever be able to tell if its a male or a female?

Yep...eBay is great for funding things LOL.

The owner's GF raises these geckos and she can tell. Even at this age. She wasn't there today, so we'll bring it back to the store one day for her to sex it. My son wants to breed them at some point.

• Like 2

Felicia

Yep...eBay is great for funding things LOL.

The owner's GF raises these geckos and she can tell. Even at this age. She wasn't there today, so we'll bring it back to the store one day for her to sex it. My son wants to breed them at some point.

What a cool hobby! Your son is awesome! I can't wait to see that adorable gecko too when I bring you corals :)

• Like 1

Zia

My 10 year old daughter has been wanting a gecko or a guinea pig for along time. Not a fan of rodents at all so this seems like a cuter more fun option. I like the sound of incorporating live plants into the mix. I would just be afraid it might be a novelty with her and i would get stuck taking care of it. Ill have to watch and see if your son really gets into it or he's like ''ahhh i'm good you can have it mom''

My daughter has already reminded me 'Dad we already have Geigo insurance' :lol:

• Like 2

gena

What a cool hobby! Your son is awesome! I can't wait to see that adorable gecko too when I bring you corals :)

Thank you...I think so too :D Yep...you'll be able to see the gecko when you visit :happydance:

My 10 year old daughter has been wanting a gecko or a guinea pig for along time. Not a fan of rodents at all so this seems like a cuter more fun option. I like the sound of incorporating live plants into the mix. I would just be afraid it might be a novelty with her and i would get stuck taking care of it. Ill have to watch and see if your son really gets into it or he's like ''ahhh i'm good you can have it mom''

My daughter has already reminded me 'Dad we already have Geigo insurance' :lol:

Definitely go for the gecko. I had a guinea pig. They are very cute but messy LOL. My son is 13 and he has really matured a lot, emotionally. I have no fear at all that he'll "give up" on this hobby. Although, I'll admit that I wouldn't be upset to take over LOL. Win win :D
  • Like 3

Spirofucci

Geckos!!!! Way cool!!!! When my daughter was little we all kinds of reptiles.....NO SNAKES......but we did have day geckos and they did breed right in the enclosure!!!!

• Like 1

HVani

Awww what a cute gecko!

I was thinking about one of these guys but got a skink instead. I also HATE crickets. But the crested geckos don't have to have crickets. They prepared food is just fine for them. Plus they are so cute :)

• Like 2

ajayjack

I know!!!! He eats "Gecko Smoothie Mix" which has a ton of delicious sounding ingredients...seriously LOL and crickets. You should get one ;)

I'm all out of vacancies in my house.

• Like 1