gena

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

Deleted User 3

LOVE the stand :o :O. I cannot wait to upgrade, ... ps... it's a bit warmer her.... ahem...hint hint... ahem...sendfreestuffsnao...ahem... yaa.... sooo its sunny out today.. uh huh...

PS.. when are you putting the tank on it and stuffz in the tank!?

• Like 1

surgicalsense

The color on the stand is pretty .... almost coralline magenta color.

... can not wait to see tank on the stand! Yay!

• Like 1

gena

Hooray upgrade!

Just read through everything and wow! Nice looking stand!

Very excited to see how this progresses.

Thanks so much!!!!! I think things will progress faster than I anticipated. LOL

Hey Gena! Be sure to read the directions on the varnish......some of them you can and should put all three coats on the same day within a a couple of hours, if not I think you have to wait 48 hours for the next coat.

You're right! I thought I remembered reading you had to wait 4 hours between coats but it's actually only 2 hours. I got all 3 on today :)

You could also put a piece of marble on the top, to help with spills. Spiro's right though. The inside of my stand is very humid.

I'm using a clip on fixture from like walmart with a ~5600k spectrum LED bulb.

I'll have to look up that fixture. Thanks for the idea!

LOVE the stand :o :o. I cannot wait to upgrade, ... ps... it's a bit warmer her.... ahem...hint hint... ahem...sendfreestuffsnao...ahem... yaa.... sooo its sunny out today.. uh huh...

PS.. when are you putting the tank on it and stuffz in the tank!?

:lol: Are you interested in mushrooms and cloves? I have plenty of those ;)

Not sure when the tank goes on. I'm thinking early to the middle of next week!!!!

The color on the stand is pretty .... almost coralline magenta color.

... can not wait to see tank on the stand! Yay!

Thanks! The color really is more purple than it shows in the photos. But you are right, I have seen coralline the color of my stand!!!!!

Got all 3 coats of varnish on the OUTSIDE of the stand today. I had done some touchup work on the inside yesterday so wanted to wait a full 24 hours before varnishing it. Will varnish the inside tomorrow. I'm so glad you mentioned doing this, Mark!!!!! It feels "bullet-proof" now :happydance:

• Like 7

Deleted User 3

:D i'm so excited, and cloves dont like my tank, do you have rhodactis or ricordea mushrooms? lol

~LadyBug~

They had a bunch of banggai cardinals at Petco. They looked great too! I'm definitely going to get one or a pair eventually.

Watch out that you don't wait too long, they were everywhere here in FL, I decided I wanted one and it was like I was looking for the stinking fountain of youth! Turns out they're on the endangered list now or something, anyway, get them while you can in case they go poof there too!

:D i'm so excited, and cloves dont like my tank, do you have rhodactis or ricordea mushrooms? lol

I might be interested too, if there's any left over, depending on what I wind up needing to do/spend on my lights.

• Like 1

gena

My cloves might like your tank ;) I don't have any ricordea to give right now, but I have the green rhodactis mushrooms :D

Watch out that you don't wait too long, they were everywhere here in FL, I decided I wanted one and it was like I was looking for the stinking fountain of youth! Turns out they're on the endangered list now or something, anyway, get them while you can in case they go poof there too!

I might be interested too, if there's any left over, depending on what I wind up needing to do/spend on my lights.

Oh, I hope they don't become rare here! The guy said they get them in quite often. Hopefully they'll have plenty when I'm ready to get them.

I will have a lot of cloves for sure, probably the green rhodactis as well. If those interest you at all, let me know :)

Tank update:

Got myself a 32g Brute trash can and I'm in the process of making SW for the new tank! I have a question....tomorrow is my water change day on the 28g tank. Can I take the old water from the 28g tank and mix it with my fresh SW in the brute can? I have a powerhead and heater running in the brute to keep things in motion. Will the "used" SW contaminate things? I may not actually get around to using it until the end of next week and possibly into the following week. I wasn't sure if I'd get some ammonia spike in there from "whatever" is floating around in the used water. Maybe I'm overthinking things. WWYD?

The stand is done except for getting the doors on and moving it into the house.

frags

If your going to buy your razor, this weekend is a good time alot of online sites have 10% OFF this weekend.

• Like 1

airman_verde04

Such a great build so far!

See Gena, you were meant to be my NR GF, my wife said it was ok 0-)

Marilyn is great, but I'm a Cary Grant fan, I love On The Town. Did you watch Smash? I'm so sad it got canceled. Megan Hilty made such a cute Marilyn.

Can't wait to see the cube! I love shollow cubes. Though I don't think yours Is going to be shallow is it. Hehe.

• Like 1

gena

If your going to buy your razor, this weekend is a good time alot of online sites have 10% OFF this weekend.

I saw someone had a Memorial Day Weekend special, but Maxspect was excluded from the special offer :( I'll keep looking though. If you come across any, let me know please :)

Such a great build so far! See Gena, you were meant to be my NR GF, my wife said it was ok 0-) Marilyn is great, but I'm a Cary Grant fan, I love On The Town. Did you watch Smash? I'm so sad it got canceled. Megan Hilty made such a cute Marilyn. Can't wait to see the cube! I love shollow cubes. Though I don't think yours Is going to be shallow is it. Hehe.

:lol: You have a very understanding wife :)

Have you seen Monkey Business? If not, you MUST! Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, Marilyn Monroe. It's a GREAT movie! Funny too!!!

I sure did watch Smash :) I didn't watch it at all this season though, since it was no longer about MM.

It's gonna be 18" tall, so not shallow at all. Hopefully the cube will be here next week! I'm ready for it, that's for sure!!! :happydance:

FlCandy

So what's the eta? These things have 4 polyps each now and almost 2 on the LOTR.

BTW Love the purple.

• Like 2

gena

So what's the eta? These things have 4 polyps each now and almost 2 on the LOTR.

BTW Love the purple.

I don't know. I'm hoping for next week! And then maybe wait a week? So about 2 more weeks?

FlCandy

KK their callin your name. ;)

• Like 1

got2envy

What the frickity fracken frack!! :o A new build I missed :angry:

Trade me some Space Monsters for Shazams or CARs, this will get my lazy arse to the post office and mail Spiros macros too :slap:

I also still owe ya some pink macro, it will be a small frag...it seems to have stopped growing cause it needs more room.

• Like 3

FlCandy

Trade me some Space Monsters for Shazams or CARs, this will get my lazy arse to the post office and mail Spiros macros too :slap:

I also still owe ya some pink macro, it will be a small frag...it seems to have stopped growing cause it needs more room.

How you doing lady!

got2envy

I am magical :wizard:

How are you? I see you want to leave Florida :lol:

• Like 1

Zia

Dunno how i missed this thread. Spent the last hour catching up. Great dims on the tank and what a risk taker you are on the color choice of the stand, but w/ big risk comes big reward. It looks stunning! Subscribed!

• Like 1

FlCandy

I'm good! Can you believe I want out of this state!

Deleted User 3

Lol! I was saying they didn't like my tank because when I got them from someone else at oh... month 5 maybe... they were mush after like an hour lol

• Like 1

gena

You've been MIA for awhile!!!! Nice to see you back :)

I'll see what I can do about the space monsters. I've never fragged zoas before and it scares me LOL.

I DO want that pink macro!!! Especially since I'll be having a fuge where it can grow freely :happydance:

Dunno how i missed this thread. Spent the last hour catching up. Great dims on the tank and what a risk taker you are on the color choice of the stand, but w/ big risk comes big reward. It looks stunning! Subscribed!

Thanks, Zia!!!! I'm really glad I went with some color. I was leaning towards a purple shade since I have so much purple in my tank. It's much better then the same ol' typical black. :D

Lol! I was saying they didn't like my tank because when I got them from someone else at oh... month 5 maybe... they were mush after like an hour lol

We'll see how mine do in your tank ;)

My sprinklers are being installed right now! The gardener had a delay in the installation...he had to finish up another project. But they are digging and pounding out there right now. :happydance:

• Like 1

FlCandy

Fragging zoas is so easy peasy you'll be fine. Just get down to the rock around the polyps you want to frag with a blade, then pop the piece of rock off underneath. How I did yours! ;)

• Like 1

airman_verde04
:lol: You have a very understanding wife :)Have you seen Monkey Business? If not, you MUST! Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, Marilyn Monroe. It's a GREAT movie! Funny too!!!I sure did watch Smash :) I didn't watch it at all this season though, since it was no longer about MM.It's gonna be 18" tall, so not shallow at all. Hopefully the cube will be here next week! I'm ready for it, that's for sure!!! :happydance:

Haha, I must have really tired when I commented, Cary grant is great too, but I meant to say Gene Kelly, i love Gene his movies and dancing is amazing. Cary wasn't in "On the Town." hehe. Silly me.

Yeah, my wife is cool, she says I can have as any crushes and fake GF's as I like as long as I behave myself.

18" is a good height for sure, they need to hurry up and deliver that tank.

• Like 1

Wiilio

Hello! JoelRHale sent me over :P

That's an awesome stand! You usually see black, white, no paint... never purple (or pink? somewhere in between?)! Can't wait to see how it all comes together :)

• Like 1

gena

Fragging zoas is so easy peasy you'll be fine. Just get down to the rock around the polyps you want to frag with a blade, then pop the piece of rock off underneath. How I did yours! ;)

I'll take your word for it. It doesn't seem like live rock would cut so easily, but I suppose it does since everyone says it does. I'll give it a try when I transfer things.

Haha, I must have really tired when I commented, Cary grant is great too, but I meant to say Gene Kelly, i love Gene his movies and dancing is amazing. Cary wasn't in "On the Town." hehe. Silly me. Yeah, my wife is cool, she says I can have as any crushes and fake GF's as I like as long as I behave myself. 18" is a good height for sure, they need to hurry up and deliver that tank.

Ahhh...Gene Kelly!!!! I like him too :D

I guess I can be your fake GF...but not exclusively LOL. I kinda had my eye on NR's Indiana Jones :lol: His fiance may not allow fake GFs though. I should let my husband know I have a fake BF ;):rolleyes:

I'm hoping to get the tank this week!!!!! I'll find out on Tuesday :happydance:

Salty Supply has 10% off http://www.saltysupply.com/

I saw that. Unfortunately the Maxspects fall under the exclusions. I think they call it map pricing. No retailer can discount these fixtures...same as with the Radions.

Hello! JoelRHale sent me over :P

That's an awesome stand! You usually see black, white, no paint... never purple (or pink? somewhere in between?)! Can't wait to see how it all comes together :)

Ahoy!!!! Any friend of Joel's is a friend of mine :D Are you on that reef group on FB too? I'll check out your tank asap!!!!! Thanks for the compliments on the stand :)

We spent a good chunk of the day rearranging the den to fit the stand in. And the stand is in the house now :happydance: I even put the sump underneath. Haven't opened up the other equipment yet though. I'm even more excited now seeing how AWESOME it already looks in there!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I get the tank this week!!!!!!

No pictures until I have the tank in place. I'm gonna make y'all wait :lol: The den is still a disaster anyways. But at least I have the stand where it needs to be. That thing was HEAVY to move too! I can't believe I'm finally going to have my very first drilled and sumped tank. :happydance:

• Like 4

FlCandy

You suck. :P

• Like 2