gena

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

sean1986

Cant wait to see how this turns out, I'll be following!!!

• Like 1

kylerwhitt

Just recently bought the same tank! My father and i are also building a custom stand. Yours looks really good! i need to start a build thread too haha!

• Like 1

Felicia

I am so behind! omgomgomg

Sorry for not commenting earlier, my weekend got a bit busy. That stand looks AMAZING so far. Its impressive that you guys whipped that out in a day. Also, Gena, you are adorable in those photos. What a great way to spend your Mother's Day!

Also, I absolutely love the purple shade you picked out. Its going to be such a fun stand. My stand is green, so I like the idea of painting the stand a color instead of staining it. Always good to mix things up a bit and I think it will go with the cool retro feel of your decor. Oh, and the new thread title is perfect. I know it was your new tank thread as soon as I saw it :D

• Like 3

zhuangcg

Your new build looks great! And, I am totally jealous of your woodworking skills.

• Like 1

kveekx

Stand looks nice so far! Can't wait to see what you do with this one!

• Like 1

gena

Thanks so much for all the nice comments and encouragement, etc.!!!! You guys are the best :D

It looks awesome and so do you, i better duck before wife hits me :) Happy Mother's day!

:lol: I won't tell!!!! And thank you for the Mother's Day wishes.

Chilled wine my behind that looks like fruit of the look grape to me :) ill follow since I'm getting a 200cube

Fruit of the Loom? Whatever the shade, I like it :D Wow...awesome about the 200g cube!!!! That's gonna be sweet. What are the dimensions on that?

Yay!!!! Is it going to go in the place as the 28 itch? Man, I wish I was there to see this one. Exciting!!!! :happydance:

Yep...same wall, but just a little bit over closer to the windows. I wish you could see this one in person too!!!!! Come for a visit ;)

Exactly what i was hoping for color! :o

Sweet!!!! We must have the same taste in color choices :happy:

Excellent color! Your stand is sturdy and sleek looking. What a great Saturday project. Your Hubby is da man! :D

I hope you had a grand Mother's day.

Following of course!!! :P

My daughter and I just watched Bus Stop for the first time last night. It was boring until Marilyn appeared on screen and transformed the movie from boring into captivating.

I had a great mother's day weekend, thank you!!!! I hope you did too!!!! Bus Stop is a great movie. It's probably her most dramatic role. I think she was incredibly sad/disappointed when she didn't get an oscar nomination on that one, from what I've read about her. One of my very favorites of hers is The Prince and the Showgirl. Look for that one. She's adorable in it.

Just recently bought the same tank! My father and i are also building a custom stand. Yours looks really good! i need to start a build thread too haha!

Nice! Definitely start a build thread for it. I haven't come across too many of these cubes on NR. Really, only two so far. I'd love to read about more of them.

I am so behind! omgomgomg

Sorry for not commenting earlier, my weekend got a bit busy. That stand looks AMAZING so far. Its impressive that you guys whipped that out in a day. Also, Gena, you are adorable in those photos. What a great way to spend your Mother's Day!

Also, I absolutely love the purple shade you picked out. Its going to be such a fun stand. My stand is green, so I like the idea of painting the stand a color instead of staining it. Always good to mix things up a bit and I think it will go with the cool retro feel of your decor. Oh, and the new thread title is perfect. I know it was your new tank thread as soon as I saw it :D

Thanks, Felicia :happy: We got a late start on the stand too cuz we were estate sale shopping before that. It was a long day. We wanted to get it all done though because it's a pain to pull out all of the saws/equipment for building. We have to move out both vehicles for space, etc. The worst part was the temp. was sooo hot that day. Not as bad as yesterday and today though... omgomgomg it's been 100 the past two days. I'm not ready for those temps yet LOL.

I'm glad you like the color!!!! I looked at all the paint cards at Lowe's and this one just stood out for me.

Should be all done by the time you come to visit :)

Your new build looks great! And, I am totally jealous of your woodworking skills.

Thanks!!! I wish I could take the credit, but I can't. My job was mostly moral support and water runs LOL. I screwed one screw in and that was it :lol: I did help hold the plywood for the cuts though. And I did a lot of the cleanup. :D

So update on the build....

Looks like I'll be ordering my skimmer and return pump today. I had put those items in my BRS cart and today I received a $5.00 off my order discount email. May as well use that now. I think it's only good until midnight tonight.

Didn't get any stand finishing done. It is way too hot to work on it. I think it's supposed to cool down tomorrow so I should at least get all the sanding done.

I also ordered 10# of cured live rock from KPA today. Not sure when that will ship out. I figured I can cycle it in a bucket now to save some time. Shouldn't be too much of a cycle since it's already cured.

And I think that's it :)

• Like 4

mejamis

Gentlemen prefer cubes made by blondes. ;):wub::flower:

• Like 3

gena

Gentlemen prefer cubes made by blondes. ;):wub::flower:

Good one :D

BTW...I gotta check out your build...that scape looks awesome!!!!

Deleted User 3

Purple is my favorite color. :D

• Like 1

gena

Purple is my favorite color. :D

Green is my very favorite color with purple a close second :)

Deleted User 3

Green is my very favorite color with purple a close second :)

Purple is mine, and then usually I like all colors, but orange, yellow and brown, but depends on what it is on.

• Like 1

frags

Nice job with the stand, looks like its going to hold the tank great!

• Like 1

Felicia

I can't believe you guys managed to build that stand in the heat. I wouldn't have been able to do it. I would have had to wait until it cooled off. Its been pretty warm here, but that means like mid 70's :lol:

I can't wait to see the new set-up when I stop by in June! When do you get the tank btw? Did your LFS give you an estimate on how long it would take to make the custom drilled tank?

• Like 2

1.0reef

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What fwishys are going in there :happydance:

• Like 1

Arkayology

Cool upgrade! Love the title! :D

• Like 1

Scorched

Lookin good Gena!

• Like 1

gena

Nice job with the stand, looks like its going to hold the tank great!

Thanks so much!!! :happy:

I can't believe you guys managed to build that stand in the heat. I wouldn't have been able to do it. I would have had to wait until it cooled off. Its been pretty warm here, but that means like mid 70's :lol:

I can't wait to see the new set-up when I stop by in June! When do you get the tank btw? Did your LFS give you an estimate on how long it would take to make the custom drilled tank?

We both had headaches at the end :lol: Even though we drank a lot of water. Guess it wasn't enough.

Not sure when on the tank. The LFS owner has been leaving messages but hasn't heard back from the rep. yet. Today the LFS owner's awesome girlfriend got involved so hopefully things will move faster LOL. I think he said once it's ordered it should take a week to 2 weeks to get it. We just need to get the thing ordered!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What fwishys are going in there :happydance:

:lol:

All the fish from my 28g tank. 2 clowns, 2 neon gobies, 1 pink streaked wrasse, 2 rusty gobies, 2 masked gobies. The gobies are pretty small. I'm thinking of moving the rusty gobies to the sump/fuge once I do the transfer. Then I'm thinking of getting 2 red scooter dragonets and 2 bangaii cardinalfish. The total system will be about 65g or maybe a little more. I think the sump is 23g, plus the 45g tank.

Lookin good Gena!

Thanks, Scorched!!!!!

More updates....

The live rock shipped out today so I'll get that in a couple of days. I'm going to set up a temporary 10g tank to cycle that rock.

The skimmer and return pump are ordered.

Things are moving along....just need to get the tank itself ordered LOL.

I didn't have a chance to work on the stand at all today. I need to pick up some wood filler. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow. Least it was cooler today and cooling off even more this week.

• Like 1

gena

Cool upgrade! Love the title! :D

Oops...missed this one. Indy posted in my thread omgomgomg:lol: Thanks so much!!!!!

Just got a text from my LFS owner's girlfriend. Sounds like we should get our quote tomorrow for the tank. Woohooo!!!! She finally got in touch with them.

• Like 1

Felicia

Just got a text from my LFS owner's girlfriend. Sounds like we should get our quote tomorrow for the tank. Woohooo!!!! She finally got in touch with them.

Yay! Glad thats getting going so you can get your tank in a couple weeks!

eitallent

I love the idea of a pair of dragonets. My little Molly Miller Blennies are so cute together. I imagine the dragonets have similar personalities.

mejamis

Any chance this be led powered? It would look sexier when rimless. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

Arkayology

Oops...missed this one. Indy posted in my thread omgomgomg:lol: Thanks so much!!!!!

NP! I didn't know my posts mattered at all lol.

• Like 1

gena

Yay! Glad thats getting going so you can get your tank in a couple weeks!

Yep! She called me today to let me know the latest. Tank is still not ordered. Tomorrow is her day off so it probably won't get ordered until next week. Maybe Friday, but I'm not holding my breath. At least she's working on it :)

I love the idea of a pair of dragonets. My little Molly Miller Blennies are so cute together. I imagine the dragonets have similar personalities.

Yeah...I've never had them before. They'll probably be my biggest fish challenge to date. I read they are easier to train onto prepared foods than mandarins.

Any chance this be led powered? It would look sexier when rimless. Just my opinion though.

No. I'm going T5. If my 4 bulb fixture doesn't do the job, I'm going to get the dimmable ATI 6 bulb T5 fixture. This tank isn't rimless either. It's still a really nice looking tank regardless. The sexy will have to be what's on the inside!!!! LOL.

NP! I didn't know my posts mattered at all lol.

Of course they do!!!! Plus....I've had a crush on you since I was 8 years old LOL ;)
  • Like 4

banshee

How did I miss this?! It's going to be awesome! And you are so pretty!

gena

How did I miss this?! It's going to be awesome! And you are so pretty!

Thank you :) I'm really looking forward to getting it up and running. I have my 10g tank ready for the live rock I should be getting tomorrow. I'm just going to set it on the floor in the "fish room". My "fish room" (the den/family room) is going to be in disarray until the new tank is up and running.
  • Like 1