gena

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

Chadf

Start breaking that skimmer in! :)

• Like 1

gena

Squared likes this thread..also, that's a lot of purple

Thanks, squared!!! I lika tha purple. :D

ditto what someone said about your grandis paly and st. Thomas shroom. Your colors blend so well and textures, doesn't look forced into a landscape. So natural looking.

Thanks so much!!!! :happy:

I just realized I need to put my new heater in there too! I'll do that tomorrow :lol:

Start breaking that skimmer in! :)

I wish I could!!!! This thing is a beast!!! Much bigger than I was expecting. My first "real" skimmer :happy:

Felicia

I am still loving the purple stand! So much fun :) You have so much fun new equipment to play with!!! I can't wait until you get it all hooked up to the new tank.

• Like 1

Spirofucci

Wow! Your pics just keep getting better and better!

.....and dat stand and sump.......sexy!

• Like 3

gena

I am still loving the purple stand! So much fun :) You have so much fun new equipment to play with!!! I can't wait until you get it all hooked up to the new tank.

Thanks :D My rock curing tank light kinda lit up the stand at the bottom to a more bright purple. The color is more what you see at the top of the picture. Well, you'll see what I mean when you come and visit!!!!

Wow! Your pics just keep getting better and better!

.....and dat stand and sump.......sexy!

Thanks, Mark :D

I am a little sad this morning. I've been noticing that my cloves don't seem as lush toward the back of the tank...exactly where my HH URCHIN hangs out!!!! omgomgomg I put two and two together. The urchin has been EATING them!!!! I think I remember Ben saying they can munch on coral. So, out he goes. I already pulled him out this morning and will take him to my LFS today. I'm bummed cuz I REALLY like him. Boohoo.

Felicia

I am a little sad this morning. I've been noticing that my cloves don't seem as lush toward the back of the tank...exactly where my HH URCHIN hangs out!!!! omgomgomg I put two and two together. The urchin has been EATING them!!!! I think I remember Ben saying they can munch on coral. So, out he goes. I already pulled him out this morning and will take him to my LFS today. I'm bummed cuz I REALLY like him. Boohoo.

Oh no! Sorry, Gena. That little guy was super cool. Too bad you don't have the other tank up and running because he could have been banished to the fuge. I'm sure someone will buy him from the LFS though.

• Like 1

surgicalsense

Something took a bite out of my Duncan. I think we stealthy urchins.

Those cloves were so pretty. Well they have a chance to grow back.

• Like 1

gena

Oh no! Sorry, Gena. That little guy was super cool. Too bad you don't have the other tank up and running because he could have been banished to the fuge. I'm sure someone will buy him from the LFS though.

I know! If it's safe with macros and only eats corals it would be perfect!

Something took a bite out of my Duncan. I think we stealthy urchins.

Those cloves were so pretty. Well they have a chance to grow back.

You too? Bummer! They should grow back without any trouble. You can't even tell any are missing unless you look at the back from the side of the tank. He really cleared things out back there. He used to hang out by the green rhodactis mushrooms but moved to the clove area about 2 months ago, maybe???? Finally made a big enough dent for me to take notice!!!!!

ccapasso

Nice new pictures :)!

Sorry to hear about the Urchin :(. Poor guy.

I really want to get one for my Macro tank, but Urchin + Acrylic = bad news from what I understand.

• Like 1

surgicalsense

I really want to get one for my Macro tank, but Urchin + Acrylic = bad news from what I understand.

They scratch it up?

• Like 1

ajayjack

They scratch it up?

Those guys are like parrotfish... rasping away at what they're eating.

• Like 1

surgicalsense

Those guys are like parrotfish... rasping away at what they're eating.

<_< I am glad I removed mine. I only kept because the husband like it.

ccapasso

They scratch it up?

That is just what I've read on forums. That urchins scratch acrylic and will actually eat it too ?

Maybe what I've read is incorrect ?

surgicalsense

That is just what I've read on forums. That urchins scratch acrylic and will actually eat it too ?

Maybe what I've read is incorrect ?

No your on the right path. Ajayjack, explained how they chip away at what they eat with their jaws.

Polarcollision

That's funny!!! :lol:

I love my MD catalog :D

I can't wait to order my LED light!!!! :)

I didn't! I wasn't planning to either. If I did I would just put it on the top of the stand and the interior. Can you varnish over water-based paint?????

I took some quick pictures with my iPhone, of the stand. I had a heck of a time with glare. I don't think the true color is coming through in the photos either but it's pretty close. I'm going to touch up some of the white interior where I accidently got some purple on it.

standpainted_zps65afa143.jpg

The color is called "Chilled Wine" but I think it should have been "Berrylicious" LOL

standpainted2_zps0d9ddc66.jpg

This is going to look really good with your corals. Love it!

• Like 4

eitallent

Aw! Sad to read about your urchin being naughty. I really like the way urchins look. I was debating on getting one but I read too many stories like these and decided against it.

Your stand color choice is really unique and beautiful. Come on TANK! :lol:

• Like 2

ajayjack

What kind of urchin is it gena? One of the nano urchins from reef cleaners? I've got two of those... they better not eat my coral. I _should_ train them to eat cyano though.

• Like 4

gena

Thank you :D I've heard acrylic and urchins don't mix too!

This is going to look really good with your corals. Love it!

Aw! Sad to read about your urchin being naughty. I really like the way urchins look. I was debating on getting one but I read too many stories like these and decided against it.

Your stand color choice is really unique and beautiful. Come on TANK! :lol:

I love they way they look too! So different and interesting. Oh well :(

What kind of urchin is it gena? One of the nano urchins from reef cleaners? I've got two of those... they better not eat my coral. I _should_ train them to eat cyano though.

It's a pencil urchin. Came in as a HH on my LR. It was just a little bitty thing when I first noticed him. Look how big he's gotten (from eating coral LOL)....He'll be going to the LFS shortly.

urchin_zps49122fef.jpg

• Like 4

ajayjack

Thank you :D I've heard acrylic and urchins don't mix too!

I love they way they look too! So different and interesting. Oh well :(

It's a pencil urchin. Came in as a HH on my LR. It was just a little bitty thing when I first noticed him. Look how big he's gotten (from eating coral LOL)....He'll be going to the LFS shortly.

urchin_zps49122fef.jpg

Wow... Big! My nano urchins have grown and colored up a lot too. Are all urchins potential coral eaters??

• Like 1

Zia

Love that sexy sleek looking sump. I need to step up to something like that. Trigger systems are so nice. You have my dream skimmer. I love how the pump is on the bottom of the base and dosent take up extra room. I have to follow yours and see how it skims and than pull the trigger on one if you have good results. Wow your getting closer, are you thinking about the plumbing yet?

• Like 1

jedimasterben

Wow... Big! My nano urchins have grown and colored up a lot too. Are all urchins potential coral eaters??

Not all, but some will eat coral that is in the way of algae.

• Like 2

1.0reef

I had a Blue Tux urchin

I loved that lil guy, I really want another one.

• Like 1

airman_verde04

Hey Gena :wub:

urchins looks creepy to me, I was in Puetro Rico once and at low tide you see hem everywhere on the rocks on the shoreline. I knew they looked pesky.

• Like 1

NicoS

I absolutely love the purple stand!! You're tank is stunning as well.

• Like 1

banshee

This is going to be so awesome! When is your tank coming in? How's the cycling of the rock going?

• Like 1