SaltCritters.com

Eatfood's 6 Gallon Pico Reef - live rock added

eatfood

I bought him from LA Reefs on ebay (they have some other really sweet BTAs). If I did not have my other reef (which has been set up for something like 7 or 8 years) I would have passed. It is a beautiful nem and I am really interested to see how this goes with switching from the t5 lighting to the led and which one the nem likes better.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought him from LA Reefs on ebay (they have some other really sweet BTAs). If I did not have my other reef (which has been set up for something like 7 or 8 years) I would have passed. It is a beautiful nem and I am really interested to see how this goes with switching from the t5 lighting to the led and which one the nem likes better.

Any updates?

• 3 months later...

sorry, I haven't been updating my hobby stuff lately (work has been crazy). this tank is moving along. the anemone is probably going to stay in my 17 gallon. I need to come up with some different corals for this tank. the fuge grows cheato - and also algae. still not completely sold on the refugium thing (this is like the 6th one I have done).

I have put any further purchases on hold for now. we are house hunting and once we land somewhere my plan is to plum both of my reef tanks together to one centralized sump w/ auto dosers. I basically just do weekly water changes to maintain levels. I hate dosing 2 parts in these tiny closed systems.

I will try to get some updated pics up soon.

• 1 month later...

I will try to snap some pics this weekend after I move it (stand and all) back to our bedroom. there is just something about having full blown miniature equipment and a small tank that makes it cooler by its self back in a different room. I did not like it competing with my other tanks.

sorry, I missed your question, I haven't been on here much.

Archived