SaltCritters.com

Aqueon Evolve Master Thread.

dtitus1

Dang I'm about 9 weeks out from adding a fish. My fire fish passed from ich/stress. I made the mistake of rescapeing some of my smaller rocks. He hid for a few days then reappeared with little white dots. Couldn't get him to come out for food and he passed a few days later. I've read the ich lifespan is 9 weeks so about 8 to go before I attempt anything else.

Seemed fast for ich so I'm assuming it was more stress related, tho I know they go hand in hand.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, that little rock took all day to make its actually about 5 or 6 smaller pieces glued together, lots of work. Thank God for cold beer!!! It was a hot day

Came out awesome, love the look of the rock work! :bowdown:

I haven't had any real problems with un wanted pods, my 90 has an unreal pod population and only good has come from it. Free high quality food for my fish. Crap being eaten I love Them. Bring um on (I love pods) :)

Well still got a ton of work to do, every time I've gone to lowes to get them to cut the acrylic strips to do the border they've screwed it up so I got an acrylic cutting tool and I'm doing it myself. Every edge on the bottom is getting acrylic so water can't get in. Only problem I have with these tanks I don't understand why they're raised.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/dct280/media/asdfg_zps15f50433.jpg.html'>asdfg_zps15f50433.jpg

Here's where I'm at now, still gotta clean it out.

Anyone else have problems with water getting under their tank btw? Or is that just me. I figured that if I did my acrylic border on the bottom theres still gaps where the strips join cause the corners of the tank are rounded so think I'd have to silicone it which might look bad.

hey all, heres my tank so far, hope you like it

Your corals are doing really well, they look fantastic. Love that green ric you have their, pretty. good soothing music with it too.

Here’s my experience with Aqueon and their customer service.

I ordered an Evolve 4 from Petsmart online; it arrived with quite a few scratches and a deep cut across the lid. I returned it to the local PS and noticed they had some Evolve 4s and 8s on clearance. The 8s were the same price that I paid for the 4 I was returning, $40. After looking through the 3 8s, all of them had major scratches and one was even chipped. So, I looked at the 4s and found one out of the 3 in GREAT condition.

Took it home and did a leak test. Immediately, a small stream of water started coming out the bottom back, near the corner. I decided to email Aqueon to report the issue before I returned the tank. They requested a picture of the leak and receipt. The next day they sent me an email stating that a new tank was being sent and a tracking number. It’s schedule to be delivered Monday, hopefully 3rd times a charm.

So I figured out another neat little trick, if you notice at least on the fours, the little tube that connects from pump to the nozzle that directs the flow inside the tank is IMPOSSIBLE to clean and I didn't want to use it with how much gunk was in there.

1/2 vinly tubing is the perfect size, and it actually seems to be giving me much more flow into the tank. The only downside I could see is that if you're sticking your hands in chamber 2 you could dislodge it or cause it to dislodge itself and spray water everywhere but pretty easy to avoid just dont mess around in there with the pump on.

Also if it gets dirty just replace it.

Anyone else have problems with water getting under their tank btw? Or is that just me. I figured that if I did my acrylic border on the bottom theres still gaps where the strips join cause the corners of the tank are rounded so think I'd have to silicone it which might look bad.

I had this problem from water rolling down the glass when working in the tank. I now just wrap a towel around the bottom before I get started and I don't have that issue anymore. I was worried there was a small leak but after doing this for a while there is no water under my tank anymore.

AquaticEngineer

Decided I was tired of the poopy stock LED fixture, so I built myself a 50W 10K LED Cannon :) Total price.....$57.

Based on the PAR readings I got off of the old ones this should be right about the same as a 250W halide, but with no heat exchanged to the tank.

Basically a prettier, slimmed down version of my old LED projects I did in the past. Higher flow fan, lower profile heatsink, and a better quality LED, with a nice clean housing.

temporary_zps8864db18.jpg

Then I made one to run 24/7 on my phyto-fuge project on the holding system :)

temporary_zpsb3b28593.jpg

temporary_zps022e86ab.jpg

temporary_zpsa2daa95d.jpg

meganmcguppy18

Just got and set up a aqueon evolve 2 today. Would like to get creative with the layout and how I'd like to design it. Interested in anyones thoughts and ideas, and stories and pics of how you designed your own tanks, thanks! :)

Check out the first page theres a ton of stories if you click on the links ;)

As for layout, for a 2 I think a few small rocks and some sexy shrimp would be nice.

Just got and set up a aqueon evolve 2 today. Would like to get creative with the layout and how I'd like to design it. Interested in anyones thoughts and ideas, and stories and pics of how you designed your own tanks, thanks! :)

Let me know if you would like me to add you to the list in the future. Very few Evolve 2's on here.

meganmcguppy18

will definetely go back to the first page, thanks! and the sexy shrimp i already decided to do, was thinking of using some small liverock and maybe some dead coral peices to construct an open cave for them, and glue coral frags around it

Let me know if you would like me to add you to the list in the future. Very few Evolve 2's on here.

yes definitely want to be added to the list :)

Hey Mods! You guys should pin this thread with the other AIO resource guides :rolleyes:

Anyways I was curious, has anyone found a good heater that will fit in the back chamber of the 4's?

Hi guys. Names Eliott. I had a 4g but during my sons birthday someone put something in my tank and it dies in literally 2 days. Over a year old tank!! But now I'm back up with the 8g.

I've done the filtration mod with the acrylic sheet, cheato and filter floss in the first chamber and live rock rubble and a rack in the second. Around 9lbs of live rock and 10lbs if black live sand. It's been about three weeks waters perfect aside from my salinity being a tad low before today's water change. Just added a few mushrooms and a small zoa colony tonight. Oh and I have a full spectrum par38 from RapidLED and the stick tank light on the cheato. I'll post some pics tonight just wanted to introduce myself.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic

Archived