inTank Media Baskets

Aqueon Evolve Master Thread.

dtitus1

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer air, but would probably settle for either one as long as it fits nicely in the evolve 8. where did you put it in your 4? Where the filtarion is, or where the pump is?

I prefer air, but would probably settle for either one as long as it fits nicely in the evolve 8. where did you put it in your 4? Where the filtarion is, or where the pump is?

mine is where my pump is, its the only place itll fit, i got my pump, heater and skimmer in the one chamber, you can try the oceanic protein skimmer, which is what i have, i also heard the red sea berlin airlift was pretty good, my only tip is buy a lot of extra airstones, petsolutions has the stones for like 2 or 3 dollars and marine depot has the skimmer

Nice tank, it's gonna be good,

So today I did my first mod/DIY whatever you wanna call it, but I plumbed a fluval spec next to my evolve , it's going to be a Refugiium

Hey I have a slight film on the surface of my water. Specs are all fine. Any ideas in what it is and how to get rid if it?

its just a build up of scum it doesnt mean anything about the tank its basically the dust and all that that gets attracted to the surface, it happens anytime there is no water movement at the surface, just make sure theres enough water movement or a top on the tank

BattleAthletics

Could be just natural oils from your hands or feeding frozen food, it could have some oils as well.

This and the lid that it comes with actually does help with evaporation. I just got a tunze nano osmolator to help with my evaporation issues.

BattleAthletics

Thanks for the compliments, I just started having some bubble algae break out, however I recently got rid of my emerald crab about 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions for getting bubble algae under control? I added a couple extra reef hermits crabs but don't think they eat bubble algae. The bubbles are small and the area is confined to a 3" x 3" area and slowly spreading.

Get a rigid piece of tubing and start to slowly pry the bubbles off. This of course while siphoning will help you get rid of the bubbles if they pop. You'll get rid of the algae and be able to clean up the area without having to spend money on a emerald crab.

[quote name="BattleAthletics" post="4515063" timestampreef-a-palooza

Get a rigid piece of tubing and start to slowly pry the bubbles off. This of course while siphoning will help you get rid of the bubbles if they pop. You'll get rid of the algae and be able to clean up the area without having to spend money on a emerald crab.

Thanks for the tips, I did something similar to that while using a turkey baster. It worked pretty well, I then bought three extra reef hermits and they seem to be doing a good job at keeping the algae down. :-)

As an update, I lost by goby fish. We moved houses three weeks ago and I'm pretty sure he managed to jump out during the move. :-(

I attended reef-a-palooza this year at the oc fair, which was an awesome event! Lots of free give aways and some awesome coral displays. I won a beautiful blue clam I'll have to post pics soon its amazing and has been thriving in my small tank. Also purchased a green hammer.

its probably a maxima, man im jellious

sweet tank, i plumbed my evo 4 and a spec 2 together, to use as a refugium

Any pics of them plumbed together? I was thinking about doing the same with the evo8 and 4

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum! i have learned a lot in the past few weeks following many of the posts here. I picked up my Evolve 8 a few days ago and just can't wait (of course I will though) to get some stock in it! I expect I'll be asking lots of questions, but I do know where the search is and have read a lot in the beginner's forums. Looking forward to the hobby (holy cow I've already spent too much and I want to keep going)!

When I have more to give out I have blue fuchea, flame algae, pencil caps, and hopefully soon dragons breath I'll probably start posting them on here when I have enough to ship out.

Nice, gonna look real good, has anyone found a good way to clean the acrylic? I used a nano magnet scrapper but it doesn't do well an scratched part of my tank, I use a dog tooth brush now but to get the bottem I create a tidal wave

the tidal wave shouldn't be too bad, I would probably do it and then do a water change immediately so you can get all the stirred up stuff out so kind of a win win if you do it that way. A toothbrush is the only way to clean this acrylic though but I don't think it's too bad.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic

Archived