Coral Vue Hydros

Aqueon Evolve Master Thread.

dtitus1

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at upgrading to this light it runs about $89 its made by EVO which appears to be the same brand as beamswork. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe overkill with 20 3W led's but im pretty sure I would be able to grow anything, heat and algae could become a problem however.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300906507659?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQoUdgRf0!~~60_35.J

For the 8 gallon right? Seems a bit much.

Also your temp should be 77-78 degrees.

Ok I will throw my hat into the ring.

I have the Evolve 8. 10ls of live sand, 4bls of base rock, and 2lbs of live rock. The tank has only been running for about 3 days. I have a few hitch hikers in the tank. One is a really pretty ZOA, and then some feather dusters. Also found a small red segmented worm in the tank last night...kind of looks like a centipede. Also found an unwanted guest....Aiptasia!!

Here is a link to my thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/327567-hi-all-from-a-saltwater-noob/

Feel free to comment and make any suggestions as this is my first foray into SW.

post-79252-0-42111300-1369713187_thumb.jpg

post-79252-0-11329600-1369713189_thumb.jpg

post-79252-0-46985300-1369713191_thumb.jpg

famousdan314

Aqueon Evolve 8

It has been running for quite some time now.

Looking great! What kind of equipment are you using?

Another quick update on my tank. As was mentioned earlier i found the flow was in fact too much and removed the koralia nano power head which makes for a cleaner and sleeker look.

3 hermit crabs

1 hitch hiker zebra snail

and added my first fish a blue damsel for now.

AquaticEngineer

A couple new pics of my Aqueon 8 coldwater tank with a micro chiller after getting some new livestock :D

temporary_zps221efc8f.jpg

temporary_zps565b94e5.jpg

sageblade24

Looking great! What kind of equipment are you using?

Another quick update on my tank. As was mentioned earlier i found the flow was in fact too much and removed the koralia nano power head which makes for a cleaner and sleeker look.

3 hermit crabs

1 hitch hiker zebra snail

and added my first fish a blue damsel for now.

Pretty much stock setup. I added purigen and chemipure elite with filter floss instead of the stock filter media. Also have 12 watt Par 38 overhead for lighting.

famousdan314

Pretty much stock setup. I added purigen and chemipure elite with filter floss instead of the stock filter media. Also have 12 watt Par 38 overhead for lighting.

Oh ok cool, did you buy your light fixture or was it a DIY?

famousdan314

Let's see some more pics of everyones AE8! After the pic list your equipment/mods and current livestock.

sageblade24

Oh ok cool, did you buy your light fixture or was it a DIY?

Its some Chinese Par38 6 white 6 blue in a standing lamp. Its at work so I had to make sure it looked nice.

Here are the pics of my current setup.

This is pretty much the stock tank with exception to the pump mod.

post-79252-0-39592700-1369868931_thumb.jpg

post-79252-0-36215100-1369868932_thumb.jpg

famousdan314

Its some Chinese Par38 6 white 6 blue in a standing lamp. Its at work so I had to make sure it looked nice.

Looking nice, what did you do to stack the rocks together. Nice Par 38, I researched some of those online today. Do you have the 3W led version, how much did it cost you? Also, the bulb can be placed in any standard lamp is that correct? I'm curious as to how well SPS coral will do with your Par38 fixture. Thanks for posting your pics. Are you almost ready for some livestock?

I kept the stock pump but took the flow nozzle off... took t8he 90° nozzle off....connected the pump to. theh short piece going through the bulk head with flexible tubing and the flow is great. Also removed the adjustable flow (yellow) parts from the pump. I'm using. A Par 38 for lighting .....nice tank sage..

If you want sps a full spectrum par38 would be the best choice. I've done a lot of work on my tank, I'll have to take some new pictures.

Reefer_Girl

I can't get a happy steady temp in mine... for heavens sake all I want is a nice 79 degrees and it bounces from 81.4 to 86.7 during the day

Mine stays at 80-82 but still a bit hot for my liking. I know it's probably cause our room is too hot but I'm wondering if it may be because I have the whole thing covered up with lids. Would taking the lid off the back chambers help?

famousdan314
I freakin love this tank :) Since I have another one of these chillers already I may buy a second tank and set it up on the opposite side of my computer..........for symmetry of course ;)
I happen to have an extra one NIB if your interested in buying PM.

I can't get a happy steady temp in mine... for heavens sake all I want is a nice 79 degrees and it bounces from 81.4 to 86.7 during the day
Also having temp issues, 82-83 most of the day. I may try the custom lid to see if that helps.

i usally have no issue if my room temp is stable, i know tanks are more suseptible to temp fluctuations the smaller they are and if the rooms temp is fluctuating, i keep the room stable and my tank stays stable, hope that helps

I was looking at upgrading to this light it runs about $89 its made by EVO which appears to be the same brand as beamswork. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe overkill with 20 3W led's but im pretty sure I would be able to grow anything, heat and algae could become a problem however.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300906507659?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQoUdgRf0!~~60_35.J

Ledtric PAR38 is the same price but 100x better

neowind712

Here is my Evo 4. I have a mix of sps, lps, and ricordea/shrooms. I have a 15w Aqueon heater and running the stock pump. I did add Purigen, ChemiPure Elite, and filter floss to chamber 1. I am running the beamsworks 9w LED setup and love it. I have a Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair.

side2.JPG

fullmay.JPG

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic

Archived