ReefCleaners.org

Nano Box Reef: Mini Tide (LED Fixture)

Adam_T

Thanks Dave. I reached you directly and I am all set. Thanks for checking here as well. As we discussed, I am going with a third channel to handle the moon phase. Looking forward to getting it up running.

By the way, Dave is great when it comes to fielding questions about the units he builds. I ask quite a few questions because I don't like surprises and Dave always takes the time to answer them.

Thanks Dave. I reached you directly and I am all set. Thanks for checking here as well. As we discussed, I am going with a third channel to handle the moon phase. Looking forward to getting it up running.

By the way, Dave is great when it comes to fielding questions about the units he builds. I ask quite a few questions because I don't like surprises and Dave always takes the time to answer them.

hes been nothing but a great guy to me for a while now.

• 4 weeks later...

I will have these very shortly but that is the least to worry about on a tank this small!

Website is going live VERY shortly.

-Dave

Looking forward to the PAR numbers.

What brand bulbs/chips are going into these?

What do you have for the 10 gallon standard folks?

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the PAR numbers.

What brand bulbs/chips are going into these?

What do you have for the 10 gallon standard folks?

Great question i been looking all over fr it on the website. How come there is no spec brand and wattage on the light on website.

I just installed my Mono that Dave produced for me. His units are of really good quality, and making the storm controller upgrade is something I would recommend to any mini owner.

I made the FB page!

Excuse my still in progress 10g setup. Planning to get the final reefscape and the heater into the ac70 soon.

1167268_10101784238104589_1928241124_o_z

Great question i been looking all over fr it on the website. How come there is no spec brand and wattage on the light on website.

I have a ten gallon with a mono and it looks fantastic. If you have a cube ten gallon I think the mini would suffice unless its really deep.

Updating the website shortly. I have been insanely busy with orders and have only been able to do that. Quick round up

LEDs - Rebel ES and SEMIled. Cyan, blue, royal blue, warm white, neutral white, violet.

More soon. Email me with any Qs.

David@nanoboxreef.com

-Dave

I just put my order in with Dave for the Mini Tide with storm controller. This will go on a Cadlights 8 G. Can't wait. They look really slick.

Just got my running, IMO nano mini still need a fan. I only running less then 50% power and after 8 hrs the body is too hot to touch and the room temp is only around 70. It running way too hot to be passive cooled and honestly there is no "heat sink". Can't imagine running this over the summer time.

Yes granted the entire body is make out of metal but there is a design flaw in it and there is no fins along the body. With out fins to create more surface space the entire thermal dissipation process go way down. The hot metal housing acting like a little oven trapping hot air in then actually dissipating heat outward.

Not to be too negative but that my honest feedback. As for the light it great, design also nice just need to fix the heating issue. Good luck with future design Dave keep it up.

Just got my running, IMO nano mini still need a fan. I only running less then 50% power and after 8 hrs the body is too hot to touch and the room temp is only around 70. It running way too hot to be passive cooled and honestly there is no "heat sink". Can't imagine running this over the summer time.

Yes granted the entire body is make out of metal but there is a design flaw in it and there is no fins along the body. With out fins to create more surface space the entire thermal dissipation process go way down. The hot metal housing acting like a little oven trapping hot air in then actually dissipating heat outward.

Not to be too negative but that my honest feedback. As for the light it great, design also nice just need to fix the heating issue. Good luck with future design Dave keep it up.

New models all come with the fan!

Shoot me an email and I will update this for free. Thought everyone was up to date and my apologies bud.

david@nanoboxreef.com

-Dave

New models all come with the fan!

Shoot me an email and I will update this for free. Thought everyone was up to date and my apologies bud.

david@nanoboxreef.com

-Dave

Hehe Perfect email coming.. :happy:

• 6 months later...

Any news on the PAR values?

I'm looking at getting this for a Nuvo 8 with lots of anemones, but I've heard that BTAs need massive PAR, like 300

Loading them up tonight! Finally!

Any news on the PAR values? I'm looking at getting this for a Nuvo 8 with lots of anemones, but I've heard that BTAs need massive PAR, like 300

Yes sir! Hope you have been well.

Dave,

Do you think using this fixture with a 15 X 15 X 15 cube will be okay?

Long over due. This was my personal unit. The readings will be a tad higher with others due to my Tide being suspended higher than the normal gooseneck and metal arm mounts. As you can see, this will easily support anything you can put in the tank. After running these I truly believe you could max it out on a 18" cube. The bottom corners would be lower but perfect for mushrooms, yumas, etc.

Any questions, PLEASE ask.

14336962005_2220c8b68b_b.jpg

-Dave

SquishyFishy

That ought to work great for my BTA who is happily ensconced right in the middle of my tank!

Archived