• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Islandoftiki

So if it doesn't pop....are you going to open it by hand? lol

I'm thinking pellet gun...

Islandoftiki

Back to the 2 gallon tank...

Everything is looking great. The water is still wacky clear. There's a minor reduction of the green cyano.

CCB3F25D-orig_zps55f9097f.jpg

What we have to remember when working with CO2 and O2 is that CO2 is a lot more soluble than O2. That is why the Oxydator Albert and I have produce tiny bubbles. Some of the bubbles produced by the Oxydator are so fine you wont even see them others so fine that in still seawater the bubbles will leave it horizontaly. For the Oxydator to be efficient it needs to maximise the peroxides production of O2.

I'm thinking pellet gun...

Now there's an idea ... if it does not blow up ..

Please promise us that if you do it you have to film it and post it here!!

Islandoftiki

It hasn't burst yet. I think it's sealed pretty well. It's still bubbling, and the plastic is starting to show slight deformation. There's absolutely no flex in the plastic. There is quite a bit of pressure in there. I'll bring my BB gun home from work tomorrow and of course, I'll make a video if I shoot it.

albertthiel

It hasn't burst yet. I think it's sealed pretty well. It's still bubbling, and the plastic is starting to show slight deformation. There's absolutely no flex in the plastic. There is quite a bit of pressure in there. I'll bring my BB gun home from work tomorrow and of course, I'll make a video if I shoot it.

That must be some super bottle you have there. Pity you did not glue a pressure valve on the top, would be interesting to know what kind of PSI is in that bottle right now ... Thanks for the update ...

Islandoftiki

That must be some super bottle you have there. Pity you did not glue a pressure valve on the top, would be interesting to know what kind of PSI is in that bottle right now ... Thanks for the update ...

I've pressurized plastic bottles like this to about 150psi and they haven't burst. They deform at that pressure, but they hold pretty steady up to about 120 psi without deforming. I'm guessing it's a little over 100 psi right now.

I'll bring my BB gun home from work tomorrow and of course, I'll make a video if I shoot it.

..why do you keep a BB gun at work?

albertthiel

I've pressurized plastic bottles like this to about 150psi and they haven't burst. They deform at that pressure, but they hold pretty steady up to about 120 psi without deforming. I'm guessing it's a little over 100 psi right now.

That a pretty good PSI level indeed ... guess those bottles are made to withstand just about anything, but I guess not a BB gun :-0

:)

That is how Tiki maintains order at work. His underlings are very well behaved and industrious. :lol:

albertthiel

That is how Tiki maintains order at work. His underlings are very well behaved and industrious. :lol:

Yes I would imagine they are :-o

albertthiel

Oh my!

B02E929A-orig_zps9e779cb3.jpg

Ok, who wants to see me shoot it?

I am sure MANY ....

I am sure MANY ....

Amazing that the bottle did not burst on you ... Wonder what PSI it is at now

Islandoftiki

Oh man. so disappointing...

The first shot just grazed it. The second shot was off center. I shot it a 3rd time because the whole thing sucked.

http://youtu.be/UN4i7MFWyWQ

I guess the sights are a bit off. I haven't fired this thing in years.

albertthiel

Oh man. so disappointing...

The first shot just grazed it. The second shot was off center. I shot it a 3rd time because the whole thing sucked.

http://youtu.be/UN4i7MFWyWQ

I guess the sights are a bit off. I haven't fired this thing in years.

Pity you did not hit it in the middle but hey ... you can set the experiment up again and get a sharp shooter :)

This must be how Geraldo Rivera felt when he opened Al Capone's vault...

:)

I am sure MANY ....

Amazing that the bottle did not burst on you ... Wonder what PSI it is at now

Amazing how bulging that bottles looks without bursting on its own ...

Archived