Pod Your Reef

Meepduino: 2.0 RELEASED!

MeepNand

Everything needs its own channel, or you are going to have to turn it off using relays or other external means, which is PITA.

Care to explain? Everything is PWM output, except for the relays that control pumps.

BETA code is up. Only Arduino programmers or Java programmers will know how to change it now.

There is currently no way to test it and it has a lot of bugs, but for now, it'll do.

MOJOEJOEJOE

I created an acclimation mode on my Arduino by adding a switch and a simple if~else statement. If the switch is high it puts the led`s in an acclimation state.

• Like 1

I will have multiple screens to show different things, such as light cycle stuff. Acclimation mode will probably be added after the RTC arrives. It'll be user controlled as well, but the user will only be able to select the starting point of the mode.

You can now see all the settings for each channel. These include: Dawn on hour, dawn finish hour, dawn on minute, dawn finish minute, dusk on hour, dusk finish hour, dusk on minute, and dusk finish minute.

Took 4 hours, but it's almost done! All I have to add is the changing of setting for each channel, and the beta will be done!

Also, the program is so big I'm just putting it into a .txt file. Else the whole page will be HUGE.

when your done are you going to post your code?

Of course! 100% free. I updated it at least 3 or 4 times this morning.

Seems like a lot of time and work, how many hours do you have in this thing so far?

Not sure. I worked about 6 hours last night, and then another 6 the night before. Then on off a few hours during the day, probably around another 6.

A looooong time for sure. Just crammed into the space of a couple days.

Right now I'm working on the buttons. Should be done in an hour or so.

Check this out Asid, I dont know if you have an iphone but this would put your project over the top.

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/152

Woah! that's great! Shame that I don't have an Iphone though. :(

Sweet progress, are you going to post a list of all the hardware required to build this controller?

Oh, did I forget that? >.<

Thanks for telling me.

EDIT: hardware list added with ebay links.

LarryMoeCurly

I have no idea what you are doing, how you are doing it, what the purpose is, what the endpoint is, or what the potential applications are, but I really admire your work ethic, aptitude, and thoroughness. It is obvious that a ton of work is going into whatever this is and you should be proud.

• Like 4

I have no idea what you are doing, how you are doing it, what the purpose is, what the endpoint is, or what the potential applications are, but I really admire your work ethic, aptitude, and thoroughness. It is obvious that a ton of work is going into whatever this is and you should be proud.

Thank you. That's a really nice thing to say.

Almost done with buttons, just another 30 minutes...

• Like 1

Okay, good news and bad news.

Channel one works fantastic. All the others, however do not. A few more minutes of debugging and it should be done.

Okay, I found the problem (I think).

The equations for the dusk cycles are wrong. I don't know how I missed it when I was checking it.

This could take some time.

Okay, I fixed it. Went back to the basics I wrote in my Math notebook :P

Essentially, the difference between the time of day and the starting time of the cycle divided by te time the cycle takes gives you teh percentage you are at at any given time.

So give me another 10 minutes, and BETA will be up.

Not sure if the audience for this thread are people with no arduino experience, of which I am one. I already have a ghetto DIY led running and want to add timed dimming.

Can you add some images of how you put this all together and wired it up?

• Like 1

I have not yet done that. I'll do it right after I fix the last bugs. It's almost plug and play really.

The equation is correct, but the display... not so much.

Definitely and for certain. It's just that I don't have one yet. It'll be here in a day or two hopefully, and that's going to make things soooo much easier.