Coral Vue Hydros

AI Vega Color x 2 + Extras. - Let's make a deal!

TeflonTomDosh

TeflonTomDosh

Ok, so I thought I'd be all into 6 different colors, all this programability and all that jazz, but when it comes down to it, I'm a much simpler man than I sometimes believe myself to be. I don't like fooling around with all these %'s and acclimation guides and color charts and all this crap, I want to plug the shit in and sit back and enjoy the show. So with that being said, I've decided to sell my AI Vegas Colors.

Instead of selling these things for $, I'm going to go the route I'm most comfortable with (T5; yeah and fu lawnman) but here's the deal. I could make a bit more $ off selling these, then getting the fixture I want. But let's save ourselves the time & the effort and I'll tell you what I have, what I want, if you want to get it for me, that'll be great, if not, i'll just return these and get my full $ back. Doesn't make me a damn.

Here's what I have

2 Ai Vega Colors - Less than 2 weeks old - hung them on March 31, retails for 1,000.00

Wireless Controller - Retails for 80.00

18" AI Vega rail - Goes for 35 bucks new

Also have a tv wall mount that I used to mount these guys above my tank (48" x 18) that ran me about 40 bucks.

So, that's over 1200.00 worth of stuff.

This is what I want you to buy me, and I'll make an even trade with you for the above.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ATI_48_Inch_Dimmable_SunPower_T5_High_Output_Fixture_w_Controller_48_Inch_T5_Fluorescent_Light_Fixtures-ATI-UZ3313-FILTFIT58U-vi.html

in the 8 bulb version

and this color combination of bulbs

1. ATI Aquablue
  2. ATI Blue
  3. ATI Purple Plus
  4. ATI Blue
  5. Giesmann Midday
  6. ATI Blue
  7. ATI Blue
  8. ATI Aquablue

All except #5 are ATI bulbs, all available @ marine depot.com. Or if you have a better source. I;d be glad to entertain offers.

Adding all these to my cart @ marine depot brings total ton 951.91 so, you figured you're saving 20% on what I have right now. You can either do that. Or I would settle for the 6 bulb dimmable fixture through petstore.com with some extra $ on top. Can get that lamp and bulb combo out the door shipped for 705.50.

Here's the pics.

8608379346_1e6d3d273b_b.jpg

8607654510_2f2f663c9c_b.jpg

8606548063_6c3f4b9d9e_b.jpg

8607757480_c4a6015ba0_b.jpg

Feel free to contact me with any questions you have. If you need to see feedback for me, feel free.

Thanks! for lookin!

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/305998-teflontomdosh-feedback/?pid=3937073#entry3937073

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eddiecorrea

I think your bailing too quick. Just my opinion.

If you had two interested parties, why wouldn't you part out?

He doesn't have enough stamps.

TeflonTomDosh

I think your bailing too quick. Just my opinion.

If you had two interested parties, why wouldn't you part out?

I mean if the grand total got me to how much I need to get the 8 bulb dimmable ATI. I guess I would. You the first party?

I mean if the grand total got me to how much I need to get the 8 bulb dimmable ATI. I guess I would. You the first party?

Tempting, but I'm gonna wait for the R420R Nano. GLWS anyways, I am happy with my AI product so far.

TeflonTomDosh

If you change you mind, let me know. I figure 10% off for used gear isn't a bad deal. Figuring you got these at petstore.com for 15% off, that puts your actual cost around $1000...

TeflonTomDosh

If you change you mind, let me know. I figure 10% off for used gear isn't a bad deal. Figuring you got these at petstore.com for 15% off, that puts your actual cost around $1000...

I didn't get them @ petstore.com. I got them @ TB Aquatics, shortly after I posted about that 15% off code, they implemented AI's MAP policies. I paid 450 for them + shipping. So with the lights, the arm, the controller & rails, I'm north of 1100 bucks. I need to get to 950 to get the light I want. I'd meet halfway @ 925.

eddiecorrea

That deal doesn't work anymore.

lagunastudio

Tom dosh, tank looks great. I have 2 AI sol blues over my tank and I'm always amazed at speed of growth. Once you get the vegas set up, you're done.. maybe a slight ramp up, but you really only have to mess with it 10-15 minutes every few months. Beats the hell out of buying $150 worth of bulbs every 9 months.. plus they look really clean over your tank, love the blacked out look..

^what he said. Even if you lose a few pieces learning them, you'll save that money in bulbs over the life of the Vegas

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

Your tank is well sized. Don't listen to all these nano fools. LEDS are good for polyps but true colors are exhibited with MH's and T5's.

Your tank is well sized. Don't listen to all these nano fools. LEDS are good for polyps but true colors are exhibited with MH's and T5's.

True colors? You ever been diving? Define true colors.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

True colors? You ever been diving? Define true colors.

I'm sorry. I meant more realistic colors. I've been diving and have my certificate for quite some time now. As someone who has tried all three types of lighting, it's my opinion that MH exhibit the best rendition of colors in SPS corals, followed by T5 (which leads to flatter, more pastel colors) and then LEDS. This is just my opinion.

LEDs are proven to work, there's no doubt they do. MH has given me the best growth and color out of all three types of lighting. This is just from my experience.

lagunastudio

bull shit... leds work, i keep mostly sps and they grow. it's always the people that have never tried something that say it doesn't work..

digi-growth3_zps091b531a.jpg

Growth2_zps3894ff36.jpg

BOP-G1_zpscb24cd56.jpg

TeflonTomDosh

bull shit... leds work, i keep mostly sps and they grow. it's always the people that have never tried something that say it doesn't work fool..

digi-growth3_zps091b531a.jpg

Growth2_zps3894ff36.jpg

BOP-G1_zpscb24cd56.jpg

hmmm looks good

Archived