Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 1 month since I added my first SPS to the tank. I think they look the same. Not sure what to expect in terms of growth.

IMG_3834.thumb.jpg.a8f76e9bb5774602ebeafab8d4405f9e.jpgIMG_3835.thumb.jpg.a21926202be8b3b2d2efabaa630ad805.jpgIMG_3836.thumb.jpg.26fc810d50892f58da1e28abb18af928.jpgIMG_3832.thumb.jpg.b04d43053c7cccf529d53b5e8bd4a802.jpgIMG_3828.thumb.jpg.1882366c6705dc58308225efcea2c6a5.jpg

I noticed the little bit of black on the tip of the birds nest. Should I be concerned? Should I cut it off?

• Like 4

In other news, I've now got aiptasia popping up here and there. Seems like when I kill one, two more pop up somewhere. I'd toss some peppermint shrimp in again, but they always disappear after a few days. Expensive fish and/or coral food.

But as I was trying to get a good photo of him, I came across thisIMG_3687.thumb.jpg.03b65390acef4bc22e23168261a341f3.jpg

Guess It's time to pull out the fluconozol again

1 minute ago, Astinus said:

Hello Hawkeye ;)

Hi Mike. Haven't "seen" you in awhile. How are you

• Like 1
Weetabix7
7 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Say hello to Hawkeye

IMG_3682.thumb.jpg.fea20caee7ed5ee39a7d6ae244632ce4.jpgIMG_3681.thumb.jpg.59389abcba0b6bd62e3c01559bf7fb33.jpg

Very nice!!!!

5 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

But as I was trying to get a good photo of him, I came across thisIMG_3687.thumb.jpg.03b65390acef4bc22e23168261a341f3.jpg

Guess It's time to pull out the fluconozol again

Bah!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Been okay :)  Got kind of bored watching the forums, so, I started playing a game I used to play.

htttp://www.lotro.com

Lord of the Rings online.

FlowerMama

Is he mean at all?  My friend had one and had to return it to the lfs.  Others bought it and returned it and the lfs owner told them that and they still wanted it.  It killed some of their fish and they finally returned it but the owner wouldn't give credit.  I hope yours is friendly.

Hawkeye is so cute!

26 minutes ago, Astinus said:

Been okay :)  Got kind of bored watching the forums, so, I started playing a game I used to play.

htttp://www.lotro.com

Lord of the Rings online.

:lol: I met my husband on Lotro lol.  You're just in time for the end of the 10th anniversary festivities!

• Like 1
On May 7, 2017 at 8:55 PM, FlowerMama said:

Is he mean at all?  My friend had one and had to return it to the lfs.  Others bought it and returned it and the lfs owner told them that and they still wanted it.  It killed some of their fish and they finally returned it but the owner wouldn't give credit.  I hope yours is friendly.

Not showing any aggression yet. I think the basslette and clowns will be able to stand up to him

Started another round of fluconazol today

• 1 month later...

And what's wrong with my brain? Okay, loaded question. What's wrong with my brain CORAL? A while ago it started loosing color, I thought because it was getting hit with natural sunlight. So I move it to less light. It still extends polyps and eats, but 1/2 of it is bleached(?), and 1/2 of it is brown.

34670990184_93e9f78eff_z.jpgUnhealthy brain by Penny, on Flickr

fishfreak0114

I've been having a similar problem with one of my lobos!  It's in shade though, so I know mine isn't from light.  Most of it is normal colored, but it was bleaching in patches, and seemingly spreading.  I've been doing iodine dips and feeding lots, and it seems to be helping to some degree.  It has also had a bit of tissue recession.

IDK, but it looks like it's awfully close to that tube anemone.  That might be irritating it.  Also, and I could be totally wrong here, but maybe it is due to lack of adequate light.  Trachyphyllia usually don't mind relatively strong lighting; plus, being on the bottom, they aren't typically hit with that much PAR anyway.  Then again, sometimes there is no real good explanation for why we lose a particular coral.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, seabass said:

IDK, but it looks like it's awfully close to that tube anemone.  That might be irritating it.  Also, and I could be totally wrong here, but maybe it is due to lack of adequate light.  Trachyphyllia usually don't mind relatively strong lighting; plus, being on the bottom, they aren't typically hit with that much PAR anyway.  Then again, sometimes there is no real good explanation for why we lose a particular coral.

I just put it by the tube anemone yesterday, as thats the last area of the tank with low the lowest light, so the tube anemone doesn't have any blame. The browning makes sense that its not getting enough light, but the bleaching I thought was too much light. hmmm.?

I'm actually considering getting a little pico (OMG, did I just say I might get another tank?:scarry:. Somebody smack me right now!) AIO to move the anemone to. just a 3-5 gallon set up with the anemone and maybe some shrimps and crabs etc. If I do this and you never hear from me again, look to hubby cuz he's gonna kill me!:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 5

Would this be a suitable set up for my BTA, or is it too small?

p-101827-99205KZ_005-fish.jpg.cde1b5bf56c4e7243a828b22b5d660b9.jpg

* 5.3-gallon glass cube aquarium kit with internal filter & LED light
* Suitable for planted, freshwater, marine, or reef aquarium setups
* Stylish cube aquarium lends itself to modern aquascape designs

logo_Cobalt_AuthorizedDFS2016.gifExplore modern aquarium possibilities in miniature. Cobalt Aquatics Microvue3 20 Nano Aquarium Kit - 5.3-gallon offers hobbyists of all skill levels the foundation to create a stylish aquarium display that accommodates contemporary, space conscious living. Elegant, glass cube aquarium kit is thoughtfully designed for convenient set up and maintenance. Enjoy more time to explore the different aspects of your hobby whether it's creating unique aquarium landscapes or caring for interesting nano aquarium inhabitants.

Cobalt Aquatics Microvue3 20 Nano Aquarium Kit - 5.3-gallon is suitable for planted, freshwater, marine, or nano reef setups based on your skill level and hobby dedication. 3 year manufacturer warranty.

Cobalt Aquatics Microvue3 20 Nano Aquarium Kit - 5.3-gallon comes complete with a crystal clear glass cube aquarium with clear silicone sealant, Clearvue 20, 80 gph internal filter, 6 watt, 380 Lumen Full Spectrum LED Grow Light, glass top, and a foam under pad

Specifications:

• 5.3-gallon capacity
  • Dimension: 10" x 10" x 11" high

Shop all Aquariums.

• Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired