Innovative Marine Aquariums

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

What finish are you using on the stand? An oil based clear polyurethane? 

I have a few mushrooms that appear on shaded areas, but nothing soft besides that 

Yes, an oil based poly. 

HarryPotter
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

Yes, an oil based poly. 

can you trim something with a handsaw to get the 10g to fit? I fit a 10 gallon in a nanocube 28 stand by cutting away some of the MDF. 

2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

can you trim something with a handsaw to get the 10g to fit? I fit a 10 gallon in a nanocube 28 stand by cutting away some of the MDF. 

No, it's almost 3 inches too small.

HarryPotter
5 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

No, it's almost 3 inches too small.

Which way? Is it arranged front to back or side to side? 

This is a very old photo of my first saltwater tank, the nanocube. You can see I cut out those sections (a few inches?) in the back to fit it. Eshopps nano overflow and a random return pump. Worked really well and was awesome to have a nice sized refugium! Back then I didn't know better than bioballs LOl 

fpH8vHf.jpg

Just now, HarryPotter said:

Which way? Is it arranged front to back or side to side? 

This is a very old photo of my first saltwater tank, the nanocube. You can see I cut out those sections in the back to fit it. Eshopps nano overflow and a random return pump. 

fpH8vHf.jpg

:lol:I'm not doing that to my brand new stand!!!!!:wacko:

HarryPotter
Just now, Pjanssen said:

:lol:I'm not doing that to my brand new stand!!!!!:wacko:

Cmon! xD I used a hammer, im sure you have a handsaw LOL. its just the back of the stand too, not the front. 

There has got to be some sort of container that you can use.  My son used Rubbermaid bins a lot and they come in an assortment of dimensions.

Just now, vlangel said:

There has got to be some sort of container that you can use.  My son used Rubbermaid bins a lot and they come in an assortment of dimensions.

I'm sure there is. I just now discovered that the 10 gallon is too big so I'll do some research on it.

• Like 1

The new stand looks great! And MUCH less scary than the old stand. I don't think I could have waited even long enough to finish the new stand, I'd have been too scared :scarry:

I have a Somatic sump under my 30g tank, and it would fit in your 17.5 x 17.5 available space. But like all purpose-made sumps, it's way more expensive than a DIY sump. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Score from Harry Potters Box!
11 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I forgot to mention (Sorry @HarryPotter), the other 2 monti caps, couldn't get a good picture but there is a red one and the other is a Christmas! Now all I need is one of @teenyreef's purple ones!

Wow, what a great collection! I'm sure I can come up with something! 

• Like 3
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired