Cultivated Reef

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

I would be worried about the End of that Tube..I personally wouldn't cut. But Maybe cut what u can see and tell apart from the tube?

StinkyBunny

So remember when the Bryopsis was on the open end of my tube anemone and I just cut it off? Well the newly found strands were on the opposite end, essentially buried in the sand (brand new sand, btw! :rant:). So do I dare cut the tail end of the anemone off, or is that more of a living part of it? Right now it is in my QT. Maybe just dip the tail end in straight peroxide for a couple of minutes?

Scraped and peroxided the rock that was next to it as a precaution.

You can cut it, just make sure the anemone is NOT in there. They ship them to me sometimes without a tube. It'll repair its tube in short order.

You can cut it, just make sure the anemone is NOT in there. They ship them to me sometimes without a tube. It'll repair its tube in short order.

How do I know if it is there. Can I feel it?

This hobby never ceases to amaze me. Looked in my tank this morning, and the tube anemone that I moved to the QT until I figure out what to do with the bryopsis that is attached to the end of the tube, is as big and bright as ever in the display tank. I guess it vacated the tube before I removed it. Haa! Problem solved!! Yay. :P

• Like 5

I saw our Tube the other night, I mean the whole guy moved from under his rock. I didn't replace him then. In the Morn, I found him,

Head Feathering things in the Power head flow thing. So, I grabbed him and put him back under his rock, lol! Hasn't moved yet.

• Like 1

So now that I have pretty much gotten the major issues of my tank taken care of, and a plan to keep it that way, here is a question: How come I always like almost everybody elses aquaecape better than mine. Seems I'm never quite happy with what I come up with.

Oh and btw, I do not recommend bahama oolite sand if you have any kind of sand sifting gobies in your tank.

• Like 3

So now that I have pretty much gotten the major issues of my tank taken care of, and a plan to keep it that way, here is a question: How come I always like almost everybody elses aquaecape better than mine. Seems I'm never quite happy with what I come up with.

I share this problem. I suspect it's pretty common :D

• Like 2

I just took some pics of some of our Corals, Going to show them to our LFS to show them the growth and to also ask them questions.

When I look at this forum and see all the Nice Scapes and corals, I'm like, why can't ours look like this ;)

• Like 1

Bleh. Needs work.. As do my photography skills

I think your tank looks good. What camera do you use? Can you turn down your blues while you take a picture?

I think your tank looks good. What camera do you use? Can you turn down your blues while you take a picture?

Thanks. This was just a quick iPhone shot. Will play around with it more with better camera when I have more than a minute

For iPhone shots, try opening the camera app with the camera pointed at your tank (it will improve the white balance). Also, it will look better if you can turn the blue lights down (or off) and/or turn up the white lights.

• Like 1

For iPhone shots, try opening the camera app with the camera pointed at your tank (it will improve the white balance). Also, it will look better if you can turn the blue lights down (or off) and/or turn up the white lights.

Thanks. I'll try that

Just pulled some bryopsis from between my Zoas. Doused with peroxide, then dipped in revive & killed a few baby bristle worms. Noticed a bubble algae on my trumpets-hopefully one of the emeralds will get to it soon. I know it's all part of the system, and I just have to keep up on it before it gets out of hand. On a good note, moved my toadstool up, and the clowns don't swim in it anymore and it is sooooo HAPPY!

• Like 1

Oh and btw, I do not recommend bahama oolite sand if you have any kind of sand sifting gobies in your tank.

I'm the same way with other people's scapes too! I never like my own.

Oh I bet that flies around really well!

• Like 1

Pretty. Is the fish's stomach shrinking?

I was just looking at him and thinking the same thing. I try to make sure he always gets food. I hope he gets enough. The clowns and basslet are such pigs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired