ReefCleaners.org

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

Planning to transfer stock over to this tank from the IM14-that tank just doesn't do it for me anymore.  I guess I'll start with a couple of the gorgs-not everything will be going in here, so I need to decide which ones are worth keeping. I am a little concerned about putting 2 more fish in here, but I don't know what else to do with them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

I am a little concerned about putting 2 more fish in here, but I don't know what else to do with them.

I'm sure that you know, but some local stores are willing to take (or give store credit for) healthy fish.  However, a local reef club might be even a better option.

Any pics to share?

My LFS will give me credit. Problem is I get emotionally attached to my fish. We don't have a local reef club any more, and I don't know anyone that reefs.

Haven't taken any pics in awhile.Guess I should.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Not really sure what a clown Happy Dance looks like, but I’ve never seen this behavior from the little one

Ugh, why can I never remember how to upload a video?!!😬

You have to upload to a hosting service

YouTube or whatever, I use Vimeo

Then just copy the address, paste it

Post it.  MB will embed the video in the post

Don't use Instagram, IG has disabled hotlinks for embedding

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, farkwar said:

You have to upload to a hosting service

YouTube or whatever, I use Vimeo

Then just copy the address, paste it

Post it.  MB will embed the video in the post

Don't use Instagram, IG has disabled hotlinks for embedding

I tried uploading to YouTube, but then I couldn’t find it. I think I have Vimeo, I’ll check now

• Like 1

several weeks ago (I think it's 7)when I started dosing Vibrant,  I took all of the macros out. I didn't have anything to do with them so I just stuck them in a bucket and out the door they went (cue George Thorogood). Taking advantage of a beautiful day outside, Decided to do a little patio clean up, which meant the 5 gallon bucket full of slimy water had to go.

IMG_1609.thumb.jpeg.62b07980e261146259974c8925aa5095.jpeg

Well 1 Bourbon 1 Scotch 1 Beer later, I can't believe how much is actually salvageable! We've had days in the 90's and a few recent nights down to the low 40's. Not sure it ever grew that well in the tank 😆.

IMG_1612.thumb.jpeg.282b039f3e2f6897866a5d9435130cce.jpeg

There are a couple of species that didn't survive: The Garcilia, Mermaids fan, and my favorite, Calepera Racemosa.

There is some nucience algae growing within some of it, so unless I'm certain i can get rid of all of that, it is not likely that any of it will go back into the display.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

There is some nucience algae growing within some of it, so unless I'm certain i can get rid of all of that, it is not likely that any of it will go back into the display.

That too bad, it would have been cool to put it back into the tank.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Oops I did it again...

None of the macros from last October survived. The red Monti took over everything again, so I had to do some re-scaping. Like the more minilmast look that I did in the IM14, I set out to remove and rearrange. The red monti got cut way back, and the others were so shaded by her and not doing well so I took them out. Likely not going back in. Red Monti may get fragged further. Took a few rocks with randomly growing mushrooms out. I'm thinking they will go in the 14. One concern is that the Utter Chaos is kind of hidden now, so may have to rethink the position of that rock. Also on that same rock is the burning banana, which likely won't like the added light-so yeah, need to turn that rock over and glue the torches on the other side.

Just quick phone shots with no editing or filters. Everything is still pretty pissed off, so will try to get some better shots later.

IMG_1934.thumb.jpeg.01c0f2237e04747d9e32c6ccccab4ebe.jpeg

Left side

IMG_1932.thumb.jpeg.e9454bef98d91a865d1357a767bdaaaa.jpeg

Right side

IMG_1933.thumb.jpeg.64db8bf3f26245ebcefdec42537e87d9.jpeg

• Like 2

Got the hammer properly mounted. Trimmed a little more from underneath the red monti. Put some small frags of the Idaho grape, seasons greetings and neon montis back in. Added some cyphestrea to hopefully grow under the big monti. Pics later.

• Like 2
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. The end of the road

I guess all journeys eventually come to an end. This one has come to an abrupt stop with the discovery of a slow leak from unknown causes. I've been wanting to upgrade for some time now anyway, but the timing couldn't be worse with a 3 day mini vacation starting tomorrow, followed by 17 days of 12-15 hour work days. Anyway, here's what it all looks like right now.

IMG_2066.thumb.jpeg.56eb5e337c706c1849d6bc8e9bc3acb2.jpeg

IMG_2067.thumb.jpeg.ee9a39ba125cc4d3f637b82e9951cb55.jpeg

• Sad 6
  • Wow 2
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired