Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

1 minute ago, seabass said:

Phosphate seems alright, nitrate is a little high.  A good, hefty water change should take care of it.

I did a big water change yesterday. Should I do it again?

Got home from work to find the tank looking amazing! Corals all happy. Fish swimming around. Glass clean. Even the violated toadstool is erect (no polyps, but standing tall). I was also pleasantly surprised to see the pieces that I cut off of the stool have some polyp extensions. All in all a good home coming. Gave the tank a good feeding. Will do a small water change tomorrow.

• Like 2

Aaaack! I take it back. Upon closer inspection my prized Australian gold torch looks like it's receding on one side. Perhaps too much flow? Moved it to the other side of the tank behind my Zoa rock for protection. Oh please don't let this one go!!!:tears:

2 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Boo! How bad has it receded? Did the flow change recently where it was?

I didn't even notice it at first, so not bad. It's one of the new frags that I put in yesterday. Hopefully I got it in time and moving it helps

• Like 1

going to transfer to 10 gallon which has very similar params but no iodine.

Guys, I'm sick over this. It was such a beautiful specimen. Not to mention $$$. What's happening? no brown jelly, so that's good. HELP!!!

Christopher Marks

The initial strong water flow may have torn the tissue and started the receding, particularly if it was a constant laminar flow. Hopefully it will stop receding and recover, keep it sheltered from any strong directional current.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

The initial strong water flow may have torn the tissue and started the receding, particularly if it was a constant laminar flow. Hopefully it will stop receding and recover, keep it sheltered from any strong directional current.

It was a strong flow, but not constant. Still, I guess I damaged it more than it initially appeared. I've moved it to my 10 gallon with very low flow. And I was so worried about the Acro :o

It's late, I've got to get some sleep, even though I know I won't be able to.

5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Yes, unfortunately there's no quick fix when it comes to this, they can be quite sensitive :( 

Get some rest and hope for the best tomorrow!

Thanks Chris. Good night.

Woke up this morning pretty much expecting the torch to be totally gone but am pleasantly surprised to be wrong. Holding on, maybe looking a little better than it did when I went to bed. It's in a separate tank now with very little flow and low light. Will gradually amp up light. Will post update when I get home from work tonight.

• Like 4

Personally, I would stick with stable parameters and good water quality (with adequate light and gentle flow).  Additives can often have unintentional negative effects which can adversely affect water quality.  After the coral has healed a bit, try target feeding a little (maybe once a week).

• Like 3
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired