Coral Vue Hydros

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Oh my! Settled in to try to figure out how to set up the new Bubble Magus T11 auto doser. The directions resemble english, but I'm pretty sure they're actually Chinese in disguise! Seriously, can't they hire a proof reader before printing up instructions for equipment obviously destined for the U.S. I have a headache!

They probably just ran the Chinese instructions through Google translator or something. :lol:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, seabass said:

The angelfish is fine.  The female clownfish looks good, but is still refusing to eat.

Yay to the angel. Boo about your clown. Maybe she's getting ready to lay eggs again? 

Nah, she always ate, even when spawning (although the male would sometimes forgo eating to tend the nest).  She does have a bump on her side, but I'm thinking it's the hyposalinity that's bothering her; but I'm not sure.

It should be fine, although the manufacturers recommend placing the pump above the dispensing point. My Jebao was a good three feet below, and I had to install check valves to prevent the solution from draining back down. The pumps are strong enough to pump it out, but depending on where they stop, they may not be able to prevent drainback.

19 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

It should be fine, although the manufacturers recommend placing the pump above the dispensing point. My Jebao was a good three feet below, and I had to install check valves to prevent the solution from draining back down. The pumps are strong enough to pump it out, but depending on where they stop, they may not be able to prevent drainback.

Eek! My chinese instructions didn't mention anything about placement or drain back. How/where/what do I install check valves? 

IMG_3706.jpg

FTS 3/12/17

• Like 3

Not  great picture, but you get the idea. toadstool isn't full extending. RBTA is taking over the front and hammer is taking over the back. I've managed to hide my blue mushrooms. I discovered one of my RFA's all shriveled up. I thought it was just hiding. Why would one be doing so well and the other melt away?

I wouldn't worry about the check valves unless you notice the solution draining back - it's a lot less likely to happen with the height you have.

My RBTA just finished shriveling away to nothing, so I can't offer much advice there :(

18 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I wouldn't worry about the check valves unless you notice the solution draining back - it's a lot less likely to happen with the height you have.

My RBTA just finished shriveling away to nothing, so I can't offer much advice there :(

If it's set up to dose mainly at night, how will I know if it's draining back down? Will it be obvious? I made sure the drip lines are above the water. Sorry about your anemone. Mine is too big for the tank. It's killed half of my pipe organ

• Like 1

I could tell because I had clear dosing lines and I could see that they were empty. To double check, I turned the doser on manually and I could see the solution coming back up in the tube.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Thanks Mike. I'm pretty pleased with my tank right now. Even my trumpets that I've never had luck with seem to be coming back.

That's Awesome! :)

The Peppermint Shrimp seem to be starting to have an effect on my Aiptasia issue.  I am using less Aiptasia-X and I am starting to see fewer.

I still have some damn good sized bastards, which I will get soon with the Treatment.  I also have finally got the GHA under control...still have some,

but, I am hoping the Blenny and the 3 Emerald Crabs continue their feast ;)

3 minutes ago, Astinus said:

That's Awesome! :)

The Peppermint Shrimp seem to be starting to have an effect on my Aiptasia issue.  I am using less Aiptasia-X and I am starting to see fewer.

I still have some damn good sized bastards, which I will get soon with the Treatment.  I also have finally got the GHA under control...still have some,

but, I am hoping the Blenny and the 3 Emerald Crabs continue their feast ;)

Did you try the fluconazol treatment for the GHA? I think Teeney is having some success with it. It got rid of my Bryopsis.

• Like 1

Actually, no.  My Nitrates had gotten out of control.  I regained them for a bit and the Algae weakened, in a way.  Was much easier to remove

by hand after about 3 weeks of reduced feeding of "Corals" and only fed Fish Flakes for the couple Fish we have.

(2) 3 stripe  Damsels and of the course the Lawnmower Blenny.

Damsel Link

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+28+104&pcatid=104

Okay, so I realize there are lots of ways to interpret My Brain is bleaching, buuut...in all seriousness. Params are good: pH 8.1, temp 79, dKH stable at 8.4, Ca a little high at 460-470. I have Led's with the blues set at 35% for 10 hours with 2 hour fade each side, and the whites at 25% for 8 hours with 2 hour fade each side. I just turned the whites down to 20% to see if that helps. Any thoughts? IMG_3736.thumb.jpg.0465047a6bef86fb21c752a477a230df.jpg

• Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired