Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

• Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. FTS Oct 14, 2019
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

I know right! I need to trim it down but I just can't bear the thought of cutting it.

I’d let it go a bit longer if the others aren’t suffering..... it’s too good right now. 😄

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy New Year! 

The tank is looking pretty good right now in spite of the neglect and minimal maintenance  over the past 5-6 weeks due to the Holidays, birth of my second Grandson, and having to renovate 2 bathrooms due to mold.

BUT...I ran out of the alkalinity portion of my 2 part about 10 days ago. I knew the reservoir was getting low but I thought I had more in the garage, but I only have the calcium portion. Every day I have had the intention to go get more from the LFS-(I should have just ordered it and been done with it!), but something always came up. I at least had the good sense to turn the auto-doser off all together so that I didn't over dose calcium.

Getting ready to do a water change, but tested params to check the consumption.

Calcium 330

Alk 5.6

Yikes! No excuses. Today is the day to get to the LFS!

• Like 3

So maybe not looking so good. While doing the water change I blew some sand off of the red monti to find an asteria star and a dying spot. Not sure if I should try to cut that part off or wait to see if it comes back.

IMG_0574.thumb.jpeg.011a7512640400eccf5dede35a566aa8.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

So maybe not looking so good. While doing the water change I blew some sand off of the red monti to find an asteria star and a dying spot. Not sure if I should try to cut that part off or wait to see if it comes back.

IMG_0574.thumb.jpeg.011a7512640400eccf5dede35a566aa8.jpeg

I think I would wait and see...... that ruffled edge looks so nice. 

• Like 1

found these purple palys, which i think are Dealth Mauls, which I haven't seen in I don't know how long (years?) growing under a ledge. They look incredibly healthy and have dropped some babies that you can see behind them.

IMG_0578.thumb.jpeg.570d3c34c1815b4f2cfff36ab93584ce.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired