Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Those things will excavate like mini backhoes, lol.  At least the few that I have seen.  They are definitely cool!

Uh oh! I don't have much of a sand bed, so maybe We'll be okay. Will definitely try to keep an eye on it.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Uh oh! I don't have much of a sand bed, so maybe We'll be okay. Will definitely try to keep an eye on it.

.....pretty sure that's why they have the name they have ...... they build stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

.....pretty sure that's why they have the name they have ...... they build stuff. 

All the videos I watched showed intricate tunnel systems.

Such weird dudes... look like an eel, named a goby but really a blenny. 

• Like 4

Alk all the way up to 5.7 tonight! Dosed another 1/2 tsp of Reef Builder. Will reprogram doser tomorrow to add another 1 mil per day of alkalinity 2 part. This slow and steady stuff sucks!

On another note. Engineer gobies seem to be doing great. Yep, Sand moved all around, but if I recall my rocks were set before the sand went in, and they are all pretty heavy. Fingers crossed that nothing tumbles over. They are both getting bolder about coming out of their holes to eat, even grabbing food from right next to Hawkeye with no issues.

• Like 6

My lfs has two of the engineers turned in to them a few weeks back. They were both over a foot and thick. As big around as a half dollar. They moved a lot of sand for the couple of weeks they had them. I’ll swing by there in a day or two and see if they still have them. If so, I’ll grab a pic or two for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

How do you imbed a short video. I keep getting an error saying I can only upload 25 MB, but the video is only about 10 seconds long and I cant really make it any shorter

I upload to youtube (less restriction) and then paste the link in a comment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

How do you imbed a short video. I keep getting an error saying I can only upload 25 MB, but the video is only about 10 seconds long and I cant really make it any shorter

I use instagram and then post a link here, there are a few video hosting sites but I can't remember the names right now

• Like 1

Feeding Frenzy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M8IDf2-5thU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm. Well the didnt work

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

the gobies are soooo cool!

Thanks. I wonder how long it will take them to outgrow this tank. I am planning a bigger tank, but who knows how long that will be. AC unit just went. Christmas is coming...It's always something.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
45 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Thanks. I wonder how long it will take them to outgrow this tank. I am planning a bigger tank, but who knows how long that will be. AC unit just went. Christmas is coming...It's always something.

Ugh that sucks about the a/c 

I’m sure you have time before it comes to a move. 

• Like 1

I use the application 'Splice' on the phone - not sure if it works for all phones, but it has a lot of options.... and includes musics to add to your vids (however, I'm not sure if it lets you use your own stored music - haven't tried)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been a bad week for the tanks this week. Today I got home from work and noticed the light on the biome was not on. I figured something just messed the timer up. Nope. Timer is fine. jiggling some wires around and/or tapping on the drive box caused it to come on, but within a couple of minutes it went out again. I'm far from techy, and not much of a DIYer so i'm only speculating when I say I think it's the fan. Really don't know what to do here. It's a busy work weekend and I don't want to leave the tank too long without a light. Everything has been looking so good lately.

For those of you that don't follow my IM14 thread, on Sunday while doing a water change, I knocked that light into the tank. Like I said, It's been a bad week.

• Sad 4
  • Wow 1

Had a spare fan from something and switched it out. Light came on. YAY! but then a moment later there was a bright flash! Oops. Blew a fuse. #@*#:rant:

Email sent to Steve's LEDs seeking advise. The light is 6 years old so maybe it's time to move on. Maybe something that will work for this tank but then also be suitable for the upsized tank, whenever that happens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1

No luck with trying to repair the light driver. Every time I try to hook up a fan, the fuse blows. I've double checked the amp/voltages etc, and installed switching wires and each time the fuse blows. 4 fuses and 2 different fans later I'm done trying. I can send it back to to Steve's LED's for repair, but not sure what that is going to cost me, and I would be without a light for probably a week. 

Considering getting either the Kessil a360x or AI Hydra 26 or HD Prime In preparation for future larger tank. I think the Kessil is my first choice, but it is not wifi controllable like the AI, and it is a bit more expensive.

Considering fixing the Stev's LED's with the hopes of being ale to sell the whole unit and at least get whatever the repair/shipping costs would be.

Any thoughts? Please share. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

No luck with trying to repair the light driver. Every time I try to hook up a fan, the fuse blows. I've double checked the amp/voltages etc, and installed switching wires and each time the fuse blows. 4 fuses and 2 different fans later I'm done trying. I can send it back to to Steve's LED's for repair, but not sure what that is going to cost me, and I would be without a light for probably a week. 

Considering getting either the Kessil a360x or AI Hydra 26 or HD Prime In preparation for future larger tank. I think the Kessil is my first choice, but it is not wifi controllable like the AI, and it is a bit more expensive.

Considering fixing the Stev's LED's with the hopes of being ale to sell the whole unit and at least get whatever the repair/shipping costs would be.

Any thoughts? Please share. 

Bulk Reef Supply has AI lights on sale right now.  😊

• Like 1

And on another note. Only saw one engineer goby this morning. doesn't mean he's not there, just won't come out. So far I only see them when I feed, and I have to find which hole they are hiding in and feed there. I'm not going to be happy if that's the way it's going to be. I want to see and watch my fish!

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Bulk Reef Supply has AI lights on sale right now.  😊

Yes, so does Marine Depot.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

And on another note. Only saw one engineer goby this morning. doesn't mean he's not there, just won't come out. So far I only see them when I feed, and I have to find which hole they are hiding in and feed there. I'm not going to be happy if that's the way it's going to be. I want to see and watch my fish!

Yes, so does Marine Depot.

I always forget about Marine Depot...... I don’t think they send me as many emails as BRS does. 😄

if you’ll be able to get money for the repaired unit I would fix it ........ if you can get another light for now. Will they give you a quote before sending it back?

22 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I always forget about Marine Depot...... I don’t think they send me as many emails as BRS does. 😄

if you’ll be able to get money for the repaired unit I would fix it ........ if you can get another light for now. Will they give you a quote before sending it back?

I'm the opposite. I always forget about Bulk Reef!

I don't know if I can get anything for the light. It's 6 years old. Would love to get some opinion or feedback on the matter. I paid $349 for it, plus $80 for the controller. If I though I could get $150 for it I'd be happy.

Need to email Steve's to get more info on getting it fixed. They basically said there is no way of knowing what is wrong with it without having it, so hard to get a quote on fixing it.

• Like 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired