SaltCritters.com

Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired

Pjanssen

It should work for awhile; but I suspect the anemone will eventually outgrow it.  Then you can get another tank for it and use this one for something else.  You might have a couple of years to butter up the hubby before then. ;)

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, seabass said:

It should work for awhile; but I suspect the anemone will eventually outgrow it.  Then you can get another tank for it and use this one for something else.  You might have a couple of years to butter up the hubby before then. ;)

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, congratulations! Both you and @TJ_Burton have new frags today :lol:

I've heard that when BTA's like the conditions they can and will multiply like crazy. Looks like you're doing everything right. Maybe sell one to fund a new tank?

• Like 5

Yes, congrats!  If one moves to a spot where it can be removed, I would.  If one BTA can take over a tank, think about what two could do.  If you don't know anybody to buy it from you, a LFS would likely give you store credit for it.

• Like 3

Do you have room for a 40 breeder?

You really don't need much.  Just moderate lighting, moderate flow, and clean water.  Live rock would provide a better environment than dry rock, but you could get by with either.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

What would I need to build an anemone specific tank?  

was just looking at a 20 long. the rimless is $199. Ceap on from petco is $29

20L from Petco should be $20 right now with the tank sale going on. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry for the bad picture.  I've noticed for the past several days that someone has been attacking poor Bessie, my oldest fish. She seemed okay, minus some tail tissue. But tonight she was just hanging around the top of the tank. I dropped in some pellets to see if she would eat, as she normally has a voracious appetite, but she wouldn't touch them. So I defrosted some LRS and added some clam roe but she still won't eat. I have her acclimating in my 10 gallon which is also currently housing my brain that I'm trying to nurse back to health. Any suggestions?

35397909444_b5aeca4419.jpgUntitled by Penny, on Flickr

9 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I think you're doing the most important thing by isolating her in a different tank. Hopefully she'll bounce back!

Yes hopefully. I added some stress coat to the water, and moved the little filter pump up to oxygenate the water a little more. And since we're on the topic (sorta), the brain is not doing so good either :(.

But, hey, I have a new Nem :rolleyes:

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

20L from Petco should be $20 right now with the tank sale going on. ;)

Yes, I saw that today. The 40 breeder and the 55 are also 1/2 off. I really don't want another tank, but I think if I do get one, I'm going all out. Maybe a Red Sea Reefer or the like. Something much bigger and I'll probably get rid of the BC29. It's not really an expense I can afford right now-Spending a small fortune on therapy for my hand, and planning strip to Australia in October. But still...:unsure:

1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

Yes, I saw that today. The 40 breeder and the 55 are also 1/2 off. I really don't want another tank, but I think if I do get one, I'm going all out. Maybe a Red Sea Reefer or the like. Something much bigger and I'll probably get rid of the BC29. It's not really an expense I can afford right now-Spending a small fortune on therapy for my hand, and planning strip to Australia in October. But still...:unsure:

It's fun to dream, isn't it? :happy:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

650-in-room-2.jpg.7ddcc89772b00e153b2897548a3c7357.jpg

Red Sea Reefer

:o:wub:

I'm not sure which I like more, the tank, the ginormous bookshelf, or the gorgeous gray couch! :lol:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

:o:wub:

I'm not sure which I like more, the tank, the ginormous bookshelf, or the gorgeous gray couch! :lol:

Yeah, it's all pretty sweet. Actually a little too contemporary for my home, but I might as well just redecorate while I'm at it!

• Like 2

I like the giant bookshelf!!!

I'm a total Book Nerd, in addition to being a Reef Nerd. 

Penny, really hope Bessie recovers and I agree that it sounds like you're doing all the right things. 

• Like 1

upon arising this morning, I found Bessie lying on the bottom of the tank. I assumed she was dead, but when I went to take her out she wiggled away. I added a little more Stress coat. If she makes it past 10 this morning, I think i'll go to petco and pick up a 2.5 g tank. @seabasswhat is paraguard? I doubt that petco would have it.

37 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

upon arising this morning, I found Bessie lying on the bottom of the tank. I assumed she was dead, but when I went to take her out she wiggled away. I added a little more Stress coat. If she makes it past 10 this morning, I think i'll go to petco and pick up a 2.5 g tank. @seabasswhat is paraguard? I doubt that petco would have it.

http://www.seachem.com/paraguard.php

For the fish, yeah, I'd prefer a ten gallon tank.  Or even a 5.5 gallon should be alright.  You could even use a 5 gallon bucket in a pinch.

Good luck!  I don't believe this fish has much time left.  It might even be too late to treat. :(  But I would still try.

• Like 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane-A BC29 Journey. Retired