ReefCleaners.org

Nuvo 16G w/ AI Nano, VorTech MP10 - Day 012

pwfletcher

InTank Media and Fuge Baskets showed up today. That company obviously takes pride in what they make ... so polished. In both sides I went yellow sponge, charcoal sponge, 100ml bag Purigen. Now to figure out what to put in the fuge basket. I filled the empty left fuge up with live rock, maybe I'll put some Chaeto and a light in the right side fuge basket. Any thoughts???

Ok ... determined the Nano was too small for my tank since I don't have the room to raise it any higher. Ordered a new Vega in black today ... way too much light for my 16G Nuvo, but I am really looking forward to Director ;-)

Tank is looking great. I was in the same boat with the lighting. I went with the AI Nano but I didn't like the spread so I sold it even before my tank was wet and something better for the tank. In this hobby overkill can be a good thing. With the much stronger light you can always use it on your next larger tank. =)

I would get the hanging kit and hang it a bit higher to get better spread. All and all, it looks good. Check out mine.

Day 0019

Tank cycle completed, params perfect. CUC mowing the lawn and getting things back into shape. Added a happy couple of Clowns and a Zoa garden. That's it for now ... will wait a month or so to see how these guys do before I add anything else, but everything is looking good so far. LOVE the Vega lights ... just amazing.

Nuvo-16-Day-019.jpg

It will look even better being hanged. :)

No room ... tank lives under the stairs and everything barely fits as it is. I kind of like the way it looks on the Nano arm anyway ;-)

Deleted User 4

No room ... tank lives under the stairs and everything barely fits as it is. I kind of like the way it looks on the Nano arm anyway ;-)

I'm surprised it even fits....haha. Hopefully I can sell off my ai nano for in purchase of the inno nuvo 8g in white :)

what % u running the channels on? I run a vega on a 60 at 8" off the water and they smoke corals unless I run it pretty low. Also zoos responded WAY better when I turned it down or actually turned on 70% acclimation over 2 months...

5" off the water ...

9 AM to 5 PM w/ 2 hour ramp

W 30%

R 40%

G 30%

B 35%

DB 35%

RB 50%

The only coral that I have right now is the Zoa garden on the bottom of the tank and they seem to like it so far ...

• 3 months later...

Archived