Pod Your Reef

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

I'm quite happy with the flow. Water movement is brisk and when I feed my goby the food stays suspended in the water column until he grabs it all. Also, the pump is quiet. My cat's water fountain is actually louder than the tank!

I'm going to look into it . What other filtration are u using ?

I'm quite happy with the flow. Water movement is brisk and when I feed my goby the food stays suspended in the water column until he grabs it all. Also, the pump is quiet. My cat's water fountain is actually louder than the tank!

I'm going to look into it . What other filtration are u using ?

Here is my tank's specs:

Media Basket: InTank media basket with filter floss, Chemi-Pure Elite, Purigen

Refugium: InTank fuge basket with Chaeto, lit by NanoGlow Fuge Light

Heater: Cobalt NeoTherm 50W

Circulation: Tunze 1073.008

ATO: Autoaqua Smart ATO

Lighting: Maxspect 60W Nano Razor with 120 degree reflector

Controller: Apex Jr.

Substrate: 3 lb CaribSea Aragonite Flamingo Reef

Rock: 5.5 lb ReefCleaners Florida Reef Rock

Salt: ESV B-Ionic

My tank thread is in my sig, which might give you more information as well.

My Innovative Marine Nuvo 38 blew out today. I have many of the corals and fish in a trash can. I'm waiting to see what they do. I spent thousands.

Does anyone have a different tank they would recommend? The pet store "The Aquarium" has referred me to Innovative Marine. They have yet to respond.

It sucks

My Innovative Marine Nuvo 38 blew out today. I have many of the corals and fish in a trash can. I'm waiting to see what they do. I spent thousands.

Does anyone have a different tank they would recommend? The pet store "The Aquarium" has referred me to Innovative Marine. They have yet to respond.

It sucks

Sorry to hear that. How long did you had that tank running before disaster happened ?

Sorry to hear about your losses, what do you mean by blew out? How old is your tank as mine has a 1 year warranty. Does the pet store not have any loaner tanks u can use for now?

It sucks

Wow! Man that really sucks. My tank has been up and running for around 4 months since they sent me the thicker glass replacement (I think). Fingers crossed I guess.

The local pet store wants no part of it. Innovative Marine tells me I'm lucky they committed to replacing it in a month.

The only good news is another pet store has a tank up and running that they put my corals in.

If Innovative sends me a tank, I'm going to sell it. It's not worth the thousands of dollars lost.

The local pet store wants no part of it. Innovative Marine tells me I'm lucky they committed to replacing it in a month.

The only good news is another pet store has a tank up and running that they put my corals in.

If Innovative sends me a tank, I'm going to sell it. It's not worth the thousands of dollars lost.

Scary stories like yours make me super paranoid about my IM16.

As to IM replacement commitment, well...... maybe they would consider credit you amount you paid for IM16 towards their new nano series tanks which are way thicker glass and no banded corners. They are going on sale soon but price is going to be around $500. (I think they are a little bigger tho)

http://shop.marinedepot.com/innovative-marine-30-gallon-nuvo-fusion-30l-aquarium-tank-only

Maniu - I will call them. The new line looks a lot better. No rounded corners (cracks) thicker and much better glass. They also send a rubber mat.

At this point I have no idea what I'm doing. Perhaps a custom build or a larger tank. I should resolve this today and move on. My corals are at a local pet shop in an aquarium.... Hopefully I will salvage some of the life.

• Like 1

Nuvo 8 question

Who's using the mp10 on the nuvo 8 and what's your take is it to much for it ?

I run a mp10 and mj900 with spinstream, I have the mo10 at about 40% and everything is happy.

I run a mp10 and mj900 with spinstream, I have the mo10 at about 40% and everything is happy.

I also have the mj900 & spin stream and find it quite good, i added a Nano 240 as i now have some hard sps and wanted extra flow. With the ability to adjust flow and its small size you will find a spot/flow that you like

Maniu - I will call them. The new line looks a lot better. No rounded corners (cracks) thicker and much better glass. They also send a rubber mat.

At this point I have no idea what I'm doing. Perhaps a custom build or a larger tank. I should resolve this today and move on. My corals are at a local pet shop in an aquarium.... Hopefully I will salvage some of the life.

Hope you can save most of your corals and restart in very near future. Best of luck and keep us posted.

A local pet store had a tank up and cycled. They let me bring all of my corals in until I get a new tank up and running. The pet store is Reef On in Midvale, Utah. They primarily sell corals and fish. I plan on purchasing all of my live stock there. The rep for Innovative Marine emailed me today saying that I was getting a replacement tank (the old Nuvo 38). He could not say when. I am going to sell the Nuvo that I receive when I receive it.

In addition I have decided to purchase a Cad Lights Artisan ii 100 gallon tank. I will upgrade to a Cad Lights TIA - 1150 Protein skimmer, and a Cad Lights BR1 for biopellets. I will have 2 Kessil 350 W Blue, an Echotech MP 40 pump (may purchase a 2nd).

Does anyone have an opinion on the Cad Lights Artisan ii 100 gallon tank with their new cabinet?

Thanks

Good to see you remedy for this disastrous event with bigger & bolder come back. Sounds like your LFS is a decent place so you should be in good hands. And I don't think you will have problems selling nuvo tank. Hopefully, it is better made then its predecessor.

Does anyone know what size is the loc line nozzle on the nuvo 8 ? I'm trying to redirect flow to the back of my tank where the rock rest against the back wall seems like a dead spot . So I'm thinking about adding a y loc line then a few segments of the line to point to the back and the other to the side .

• Like 1

Hello everyone I am attempting to address the micro bubble issue with the IM skimmer in my 16 and I figured I would start here with my question. I have no experience in sumps or bubble traps to be exact but I was thinking that this could be a solution. I am considering building a bubble trap to insert in the back of my 16. I even drew a beautiful diagram in Paint haha.

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/awlomba/media/bubbletrap.png.html'>bubbletrap.png

I have my skimmer in the column labeled "3" and I am thinking that if I create and install something like I have drawn in gray I could win the war on microbubbles. I drew this quickly and things are only to scale based on what I guessed at the time. I read that the bubble trap should be 1 inch wide for each section making this thing a little over 2 inches. I haven't measured my tank yet but I am thinking that this could fit. I feel like I could make this out of a small and thin piece of acrylic. I might use foam (if this is reef safe) on the sides so that it just slides into place and creates a seal without any silicone or anything since my tank is already wet.

Does anyone with any knowledge on this matter have any input? Let me know!

Thanks

Tony

The way I would do it using a small amount of foam (like the stuff you get from LFS when you buy frags and they hang them in the bag) I should be able to take this bubble trap in and out whenever i want.

While in theory I definitely think that would help the situation, I am not to sure how the execution would be. Are you talking about using styrofoam, or like that gray insulation foam? If so I don't know if it will hold up too long and pieces may fall into the pump and wind up in the display. Once the skimmer breaks in you really shouldn't have micro bubbles but I know some have had difficulty after the break in period. I suspect you may be one of these people? You could also try a media bag around the skimmer return sponge.

Well, I too have those micro bubbles, running my skimmer for about 8 weeks. I'm not sure what's break-in-period anymore. Now that my tank is cycled completely, I'm hoping with some bio-load it will reduce. Not planning to mod the Nuvo as I don't have enough space in the middle compartment specially with my Apex probes and Tunze Osmolator float switch.

I'll keep you guys updated, if I see any changes.

Majority of the bubble trap would be acrylic. Just the edges would be a hard foam so that I could slide it in place and have it water tight without using silicone. I have had the skimmer a couple months now. They got a bit better throughout the break in but are still pretty terrible.