Jump to content
joel sandoman

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, 

I just bought a IM nuvo 16g, it seemed like a great offer.. 

Should I be worried about the cracking? 

Share this post


Link to post

Just picked up a Nuvo 10...

 

Should I go for a Kessil 160WE or AI Prime HD???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

my vote is for the AI Prime HD, because it comes with a built in controller, so no unnecessary external clutter.  B) 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Friendly said:

my vote is for the AI Prime HD, because it comes with a built in controller, so no unnecessary external clutter.  B) 

+1

Share this post


Link to post

What pump is good for the return chamber on a 10G, also what powerhead for the display?

Share this post


Link to post

Im running a Tam Rio 600 for my return pump only cause I had one left over from an old HOB refugium and I have it turned down a little bit

I also have 2 hydor koralia 240 nano's and a hydor wave maker.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a IM Fusion 20. Ive been playing with the return nozzles and my Jebao SW2 just went out ( plugged the wrong power supply into it). How does everyone have their return nozzles pointed and what wave maker are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/7/2017 at 11:07 PM, Proball said:

What pump is good for the return chamber on a 10G, also what powerhead for the display?

If I could go back in time....id grab the mp10....but the koralia nano is much more affordable....depends if you wanna go simple/cheap or complex/expensive.....ive found that random flow is super important so the mp 10 maybe your best bet.....but you can always add a cheap wave maker to the koralia powerheads

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/7/2017 at 8:07 PM, Proball said:

What pump is good for the return chamber on a 10G, also what powerhead for the display?

MP10. Period.

Share this post


Link to post

I just set up Nuvo 10 system with the following specs.  I recently finished cycling and have added a couple frags of zoas and Palys.  

 

IM 10 Nuvo Tank

IM Spinstream nozzle

Sicce 0.5 return pump

Cobalt Neotherm 50W Heater

Tunze Osmolator Nano ATO

Jebao RW-4 (with 12V mod)

AI Prime HD

Eshopps Nano Skimmer

Neptune Apex EL controller

InTank Media Basket

Coralife Biocube Stand

7lbs liverock

10lbs live sand

 

I’ve taken up pretty much every square inch of space in my rear return chamber! So far everything is going well and zoas seem happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1501FC6A-139D-4B22-B94A-CABBEECE3537.jpeg

AFB59F3C-D64B-400D-9D6E-3E38D7C05EAC.jpeg

65CCB3E6-A82C-456B-9A95-B6113EC4A131.jpeg

DD7A9E92-EF87-4081-A665-DA40E03B8900.jpeg

B5F3D7E3-E189-4C46-AF2A-15A40ED8E213.jpeg

6F72AF70-6EC8-4DBD-BA5A-7E8B28FD593F.jpeg

22162C35-404C-46B7-A624-4C643C8B14D2.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, flyboy101 said:

I just set up Nuvo 10 system with the following specs.  I recently finished cycling and have added a couple frags of zoas and Palys.  

 

IM 10 Nuvo Tank

IM Spinstream nozzle

Sicce 0.5 return pump

Cobalt Neotherm 50W Heater

Tunze Osmolator Nano ATO

Jebao RW-4 (with 12V mod)

AI Prime HD

Eshopps Nano Skimmer

Neptune Apex EL controller

InTank Media Basket

Coralife Biocube Stand

7lbs liverock

10lbs live sand

 

I’ve taken up pretty much every square inch of space in my rear return chamber! So far everything is going well and zoas seem happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1501FC6A-139D-4B22-B94A-CABBEECE3537.jpeg

AFB59F3C-D64B-400D-9D6E-3E38D7C05EAC.jpeg

65CCB3E6-A82C-456B-9A95-B6113EC4A131.jpeg

DD7A9E92-EF87-4081-A665-DA40E03B8900.jpeg

B5F3D7E3-E189-4C46-AF2A-15A40ED8E213.jpeg

6F72AF70-6EC8-4DBD-BA5A-7E8B28FD593F.jpeg

22162C35-404C-46B7-A624-4C643C8B14D2.jpeg

Very cool

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Been out of having a tank for a while, about 8 years now, and decided to get back in it again. This will be a slow build even though I just purchased the Fusion 30l, it was on sale and should be here this Friday,  I will be building a stand for it and hoping to pick up a lot of the parts on black Friday and cyber Monday for this thing.  I just need some help on the parts list for the build like what lights, pumps, skimmer, etc. What I am going for will be primarily a softy setup and a few fish.  

 

Tank- IM Fusion 30l

Stand- custom

Sand- 30 lbs Caribsea special grade arag-alive

Rock- 30 lbs local 

Salt- Red Sea Pro

 

My parts list of what I will need,

Water-4 stage RO/DI system, 75gpd 

Top off-ATK top off

Lights-Maxspect Razor R5 200w

Heat-Neo-Therm 100 watt heater

Pump-Maxspect XF250 Gyre pump and controller

Flow-IM Spin streams

 

Not sure on which skimmer or if I would need to upgrade the return pump now or wait. My wish list is the Apex controller.  If I have missed anything please let me know, thanks in advance.

 

 

gam

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions

×