SaltCritters.com

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

i am a total beginner to marine aquariums and was looking at either going with the fusion 40 or the 30L. is any one of these better suited than the other for a complete beginner. I am leaning towards the 40

• Like 1
joel sandoman

Hey for those of you guys who have replaced the stock pumps in your nuvos, what have you replaced them with? I think I need some more flow in my 30. The stock pump is 317GPH. What would you guys recommend to replace the stock pump?

Does anyone keep a cleanup crew in the back chamber of their Fusion? I have a refugium built in and because of the lighting I am getting a lot of algae accumulation back there.

The Spinstreams are silent. How can they be loud unless they are broken, there is no mechanism in them to even make noise?

joel sandoman

Is the spin stream loud, I thought I remember reading on here that it was so I have avoided getting it but seems like it would be a nice addition to my 10

No it is not loud at all

waltersreef

Hey for those of you guys who have replaced the stock pumps in your nuvos, what have you replaced them with? I think I need some more flow in my 30. The stock pump is 317GPH. What would you guys recommend to replace the stock pump?

I upgraded to a Sicce 1.5 in my Nuvo 38. Not that much more flow (~360 gph) but runs quieter and more efficient. At the time I was more concerned with keeping temperature down in my tank than increasing flow. My MP10 handles my flow.

I wanted more flow for my 30L, so I too purchased the Sicce 1.5. I didn't notice any improvement, so after a few weeks, purchased a Sicce 2.0. In order to use this pump (which fits nicely), I had to purchase a Y Fitting - 3/4 inch Insert x 1/2 inch Insert x 1/2 inch Insert and use ¾ tubing from the pump to this fitting. After all this, I still didn't notice any more water flow. If there is an improvement, then its not noticeable (at least to me).

I've come to the conclusion the water flow we're hoping for just won't happen because of the opening size of the slots on the false wall. Also the media basket (IM Customcaddy) too might govern just how much water can pass through per hour. In order to get more flow, perhaps these slots need to be widened; however, I just don't feel comfortable doing this, so I'm going to keep this setup for the time being.

aviator300

Ever since i started reefing, i have really liked the looks and functionality of the IM Nuvo 8 gal AIO.

I've hesitated to purchase one due to the stories of the Nuvo (curved glass) tanks cracking. Most everything that i've read indicates this problem mainly affected 16 gal and up tanks where the greater water weight combined with thinner curved glass that IM used to use caused the failures.

Has anyone out there heard anything about this problem cropping up on the 4 and 8 gal tanks? I really want to purchase an 8 gal before they go extinct but am concerned with the cracking issue.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
aviator300

My Nuvo 8 has been running for nearly a year and a half without problems. I bought it used on Craigslist.

I just checked out your thread and your tank is as colorful as they get.

• Like 1
charnelhouse

Is the spin stream loud, I thought I remember reading on here that it was so I have avoided getting it but seems like it would be a nice addition to my 10

I have one in my NC6 and it was "loud" for about 5 days. Six months and a lot of algae on it later and it is dead silent.

so far my dealing with IM have been great. nice quick email responses

I am happy that you are getting what you want...the problem is if you ask for something they don't want to give but really should. Best of luck! Do you have a build thread?

• 1 month later...
Bikini Krill

I just set up my new Nuvo 20. Still using the LEDs from my old tank but I'm waiting on a nanobox duo. I can't wait til everything is properly set up!

post-88678-0-36890300-1437441819_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
StrategicReef

Hi, I was wondering if any Nuvo Fusion 40G owners can help me,

what is the actual depth (front to back, edge to edge) of the tank? It is supposed to be 24x20 but my counter top is just a little over 20" deep. I wanted to know if it will fit.. I read somewhere it is actually around 19.5" on the tank

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if any Nuvo Fusion 40G owners can help me,

what is the actual depth (front to back, edge to edge) of the tank? It is supposed to be 24x20 but my counter top is just a little over 20" deep. I wanted to know if it will fit.. I read somewhere it is actually around 19.5" on the tank

Thanks

Actual depth is 19.68"

Here's my seahorse fusion 40:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/363611-ezs-seahorse-im-fusion-40/

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
partyboizz01

Just have a quick question for anybody, that can answer. I have a 16 gallon nuvo, wanted to do a refuge.... was thinking bout using the CPR Aquafuge 2. Was wondering would that be a problem. Was trying to figure out where I should put the pump so water can intake to the fuge.