Top Shelf Aquatics

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

Just generic screen supplies. I got the brushed metal screen frame, grey corners, and charcoal screening. I could make more for about eight dollars each, haha - I spent more on the splining tool than the materials.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just picked up a nuvo fusion 10g off marine depot. any suggestions on mods or upgrades for it? purchased the media basket for it, with plans on picking up the IM ghost skimmer in the future. i'm still waiting on funds to pick up my led's for the tank then i'll be getting it started (hopefully in the next paycheck or two).

• Like 2

Here's my Nuvo 16 @ 6 months. SPS dominated, AI Nano light with stock lighting also. No skimmer, 2.5 gal. W/C on Wednesday - 5 gal. On Sundays . All coral grown from small frags. Please see my build thread in link below. Please add me to the list! Thanks

imagejpg1_zpsff49de51.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
joel sandoman

Updated. I am not on here often any more. (2 kids, busy job) so if I missed your post just send me a message and I will add you. If you do not post a link I will not add it. Not going to do a search for your thread. :)

How do you Nuvo owners have your return nozzles pointed as to not move the sand? It seems that my nozzles' return will bump into the glass wall, and travel downward and move the sand.

I have 2 powerheads, one that directly runs into the flow, which I thought would disperse it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe point them more left and right? Then they look a little silly and less clean than their default setups.

It makes me wonder how people upgrade their return bumps and not have it all blasted everywhere!

How do you Nuvo owners have your return nozzles pointed as to not move the sand? It seems that my nozzles' return will bump into the glass wall, and travel downward and move the sand.

I have 2 powerheads, one that directly runs into the flow, which I thought would disperse it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe point them more left and right? Then they look a little silly and less clean than their default setups.

It makes me wonder how people upgrade their return bumps and not have it all blasted everywhere!

I have spin streams on all of my im tanks & had the same issue @ the beginning. After all my aquascaping has been done you get a sence of where everything might blow and i just made adjustments. I have upgraded bith of my pumps to more powerfull ones & have 3 powerheads in my 30 & 1 in my 8