Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

gahumphrey

True or False?

My LFS said the new IM Ghost Skimmer doesn't fit in the Nuvo 30...

Nuvo Micro 30G or Nuvo Fusion 30L?

Steensj2004

It's easy to make cut outs for equipment! Give me measurements and I'll make yah one( at cost for material and shipping). Mine cost about 10.00

gahumphrey

True or False?

My LFS said the new IM Ghost Skimmer doesn't fit in the Nuvo 30...

The Skimmate Skimmer dimensions are:

Model 7202

Tanks up to 65G

Tanks: Micro30, Mini38

Dimensions:

3.75" x 3.25" x 15.79"

(L) x (W) x (H)

The Ghost Skimmer Dimensions are:

Model 7204

Tanks up to 40G

Tanks: Fusion 30L & 40 SkimMate Ghost

Dimensions

3.62" x 3.07" x 11.22"

(L) x (W) x (H)

So according to IM's website the Ghost should fit in the Fusion Micro 30G or the Fusion 30L

waltersreef

Now that summer weather is here I'm having temperature issues with my IM Nuvo 38. Ambient room temperature is 76 degrees... but the tank is running around 82 degrees (and sometimes almost 83 degrees) at peak. Luckily the daily swing in temperature is still only around 2-2.5 degrees. I'm running LED lights (Maxspect Razor), Tunze 9004 Skimmer and the stock return pump.

Pretty sure I would only do a chiller as a very last resort and would prefer not to bolt some clunky fan onto my tank. So my first idea is to try to replace the pump with one more efficient that generates less heat. Does that sound like a good place to start?

I've seen some posts about using the Sicce 1.5 (in a Nuvo 30 though), which conveniently has the same 1/2 output size as the stock pump/hose. But I'm concerned that the Sicce 1.5 only has ~360gph flow. The stock pump has ~460gph. So I would lose quite a bit. Would that impact my tank any?

Thanks for any thoughts and advice on this.

Cameron6796
Anyone have any other suggestions on a skimmer for a Nuvo 30?

Not positive it fits but maybe a cad lights pls50 they are apparently beasts all reviews I've sen say they pull great skim and don't have the bubble problems most nano skimmers do.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got my Fusion 30L and notice a couple of imperfections in the front glass panel. Two small 1/4" circles that shows a distortion.

I called IM and they said it's nothing to worry about structurally and that once it's filled with water I won't be able to notice them. Anyone else have the same imperfections and how does it look after stocking the tank?

• Like 1

Just got my Fusion 30L and notice a couple of imperfections in the front glass panel. Two small 1/4" circles that shows a distortion.

I called IM and they said it's nothing to worry about structurally and that once it's filled with water I won't be able to notice them. Anyone else have the same imperfections and how does it look after stocking the tank?

Have any pics? First case I heard of one of these arriving with something wrong

Cameron6796

They have pretty good rep for replacing things just say that its noticeable and it gives you a headache to look through it, and is thanking away from this tank and ask for a new tank

I have a similar imperfection in my front glass of my nuvo 16 as well and I have been running the tank for two weeks with no issue. Once it was filled the imperfection is not visible.

This thread is great and answered so many of my lingering questions. I just read the entire thing.

I ordered a 30L this week with ghost skimmer and have been trying to decide if I need the refugium setup or media reactor, filter material or all of the above and it seems the majority are running a skimmer/ 2x IM Custom caddy for refugium and FF, CPE, purigen.

Does this seem right?

Thanks, can't wait till I get it setup so I can share with the group.

This thread is great and answered so many of my lingering questions. I just read the entire thing.

I ordered a 30L this week with ghost skimmer and have been trying to decide if I need the refugium setup or media reactor, filter material or all of the above and it seems the majority are running a skimmer/ 2x IM Custom caddy for refugium and FF, CPE, purigen.

Does this seem right?

Thanks, can't wait till I get it setup so I can share with the group.

Any combination you mention will be good. Looking forward to seeing your build.

There really arent any true mods for this setup... you can make a new lid design; Im currently having a glass top custom made that covers 3' in on the boarder, while leaving the center "open". Id say that there are a few upgrades that seem to be very common... return pump(s), spin streams, circulation pumps, lighting (over stock), filtration baskets/media.

graftobny142

I am trying to figure out what light to get for mine, as I will be picking up the IM 16 tank only. I really like the design of the IM as it has a lot of front space to show off corals.

Will have an mp10 in there so that should be nice :D

For those of you setting up a 16, There is a Nano Box duo in the hardware classifieds that would be a perfect grab for that tank.

• 2 weeks later...