Coral Vue Hydros

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

Was wondering when someone was gonna get this new tank, looks awesome from what i seen on. IM website. Did you own an IM before this one?

Yes, nuvo8 and nuvo24

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Been back in saltwater for a little over four months now, started up an IM Nuvo 38 in early January. Hydor wave maker with powerheads and Hydor Slimskim skimmer. Maxspect Razor lights, everything was going wonderful until March 21. I did my normal skimmer clean out and added all my additives, hand fed the corals and fish. Noticed air bubbles so I topped off with fresh water, thought I had spilled some. Nope, the dreaded leak. Started out very slow, then as the morning progressed it got steadily worse. I was pulling livestock (coral, fish and inverts) and trying to drain the water into buckets. transported everything to my LFS and contacted Innovative Marine. They have been outstanding so far, my replacement tank shipped out this past Friday. Apparantly I had a seal failure in the back bottom corner. LFS has been babysitting everything for me but I think all of my LR that was wrapped in newspaper is no longer live. We were scheduled to go out of town the following day so it has not remained damp. Oh well, if that's all I code from this I consider myself lucky!

Here is a recent pic the day before the crash:

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/rcraw45425/media/IMG_1911_zpsbb9f53a6.jpg.html'>IMG_1911_zpsbb9f53a6.jpg

Hello all. Been back in saltwater for a little over four months now, started up an IM Nuvo 38 in early January. Hydor wave maker with powerheads and Hydor Slimskim skimmer. Maxspect Razor lights, everything was going wonderful until March 21. I did my normal skimmer clean out and added all my additives, hand fed the corals and fish. Noticed air bubbles so I topped off with fresh water, thought I had spilled some. Nope, the dreaded leak. Started out very slow, then as the morning progressed it got steadily worse. I was pulling livestock (coral, fish and inverts) and trying to drain the water into buckets. transported everything to my LFS and contacted Innovative Marine. They have been outstanding so far, my replacement tank shipped out this past Friday. Apparantly I had a seal failure in the back bottom corner. LFS has been babysitting everything for me but I think all of my LR that was wrapped in newspaper is no longer live. We were scheduled to go out of town the following day so it has not remained damp. Oh well, if that's all I code from this I consider myself lucky!

Here is a recent pic the day before the crash:

IMG_1911_zpsbb9f53a6.jpg

Wow...Sorry to hear about another issue with a Nuvo. Glad that it went as "smooth" as it did for you, but that really sucks that you lost your live rock. Good luck. I hope IM really makes it worth your trouble.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Side question about Nuvo's:

Does anyone know the purpose of inTanks Nuvo 8 fuge basket?

I love their media basket but the fuge basket doesn't have a lid to stop chaeto from over flowing and the floor doesn't really help either so why does the heater chamber need a basket?

Why not just chuck in the 10watt fuge light by itself?

Side question about Nuvo's:

Does anyone know the purpose of inTanks Nuvo 8 fuge basket?

I love their media basket but the fuge basket doesn't have a lid to stop chaeto from over flowing and the floor doesn't really help either so why does the heater chamber need a basket?

Why not just chuck in the 10watt fuge light by itself?

I have the fuge basket & 10w light in my Nuvo 8, if your ball of cheato is too small then yes it might just flow up to the top. You could just stick your algae in the heater column w/ light but it would be a pita getting it out.

• 2 weeks later...

To Nuvo 24 owners -

Is everyone running the stock return pump, or do people tend to upgrade these? If so to what?

Any other common upgrades I'll want to consider out of the box on a Nuvo 24? I'm already planning on the inTank Media baskets.

To Nuvo 24 owners -

Is everyone running the stock return pump, or do people tend to upgrade these? If so to what?

Any other common upgrades I'll want to consider out of the box on a Nuvo 24? I'm already planning on the inTank Media baskets.

I have the Nuvo 8 now but am planning/budgeting for a 24 or Fusion 30, and here are my thoughts:

InTank fuge basket & 10watt submersible light to grow chaeto. Considering your stock pump is 476 gph and is super quiet i wouldn't change it imo. Do get the spin streams to replace the flare nozzles though! With that said depending on how your rock structure turns out an extra powerhead for the dead spots or two might be beneficial as well.

You already know about the Skkye lights so replacing them depending on what type of corals you want to keep is a must.

Are you going to stock it heavy? Maybe a protein skimmer?

To Nuvo 24 owners -

I am running the stock pump in my 24 and have the spin streams. We just added a Sicce Voyager Nano and are real happy with it for the price. We have the InTank media baskets and fuge. Tunze 9002 (with mod) just got wet on Sunday. We have an IM reactor still sitting in the box.

• 2 weeks later...
To Nuvo 24 owners -

I replaced my stock pump. 2 main reasons why.... 1 they were a bit to much flow and we're creating dips in the sand. 2. Heat! My tank were always 1-2 degrees over ambient temps. But after replacing the pumps I'm always at or 1 -2 below ambient temps. And side effect, completely silent tank.

Disadvantage, it lowered the water level a tad like 1/4 inch.

My fusion 30l build :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/346520-nueok-im-fusion-30l-build/

Question to all Nuvo owners: Has anyone made a custom lid to cover the back chambers?

I have been experiencing more than usual water drops since I adding Kessil lighting, and I feel if the rear chambers had some cover, that it could lower the amount of evaporation - even if its just a small percentage....

Boneshaker

Hey all ! I have a Nuvo 16, and I'm wondering... (I haven't searched the whole site yet for my answer but)

How do all of you clean/scrape the rounded corners of your tanks...??? I completely scraped my coralline off the 3 sides and the false wall lately, but I can't get those rounded corners. Maybe I'm just goofy, but...

What do you all use to get those corners scraped...??? Thanks

Hey all ! I have a Nuvo 16, and I'm wondering... (I haven't searched the whole site yet for my answer but)

How do all of you clean/scrape the rounded corners of your tanks...??? I completely scraped my coralline off the 3 sides and the false wall lately, but I can't get those rounded corners. Maybe I'm just goofy, but...

What do you all use to get those corners scraped...??? Thanks

Two Little Fishies nano mag will do the trick on the bent glass corners. They are less than $10 on a number of sites.

gahumphrey

I did, 1/8" acrylic with braces, works great.

That looks amazing. I thought about doing the same thing on my SR-80. Only problem is I don't really know where to stick my Apex feeder.

Are there any SR series builds on here. I've only found two so far. would love to see more.

I know they're technically not nano tanks but they are awesome AIO's. I'd love to see them in this thread too. Here's a link to my SR-80

http://www.nano-reef...dpost&p=4572616