ReefCleaners.org

would this work for sps?

ilikepie777

Should work just fine for sps many people use t5 lighting not sure what the dims are on a 14gal bio cube but I'd try and get a 4x36w if possible

ilikepie777

Well if you read it you can snap more on and they fit together like puzzle pieces so if Ii get two what kind of sps can I get?

Well if you read it you can snap more on and they fit together like puzzle pieces so if Ii get two what kind of sps can I get?

Any kind with good bulbs.

ilikepie777

I'm sorry I dont think I get what you're saying are you saying the PAR38 from Ledtric is better or the one from the link I posted is better?

ilikepie777

Also Chadf i noticed you have a clam in your tank, can you really keep that alive with just 4 t5 bulbs?

well idk what fixture the PAR38 would use so could you please give me a link to the fixture it uses

Also Chadf i noticed you have a clam in your tank, can you really keep that alive with just 4 t5 bulbs?

well idk what fixture the PAR38 would use so could you please give me a link to the fixture it uses

Yes with good bulbs like ati or kz. I've had it over a year, it's in the sand now.

ilikepie777

I have a question in your light fixture which bulb counts for the actinic bulb and which one counts for the 10,000K bulb?

ilikepie777

Alright thankyou everyone for your ideas but I think I'm going to go with one of these:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+13822+23753&pcatid=23753

I'll stick with one right now just to see how it is then I'll get a second one so I can have the full four t5 bulbs, the only thing I have to worry about now is that after I take the top of where am I going to get my night leds from and how to prevent my goby from carpet surfing any suggestions?

For that price trust me get a par38 from ledtric they are on sale for $79 you can grow sps with you wont have to spend $40-80 a year on bulbs and would cost like $3 a month to run (I can almost guarantee you will enjoy an led more then the t5) but that is my .02 cents to each his (or her) own

Buying one T5 is not a good idea, especially if you plan to upgrade. There is nothing wrong with 2 par38 bulbs. In fact, one par38 will grow many corals just fine. Maybe not sps, but definitely LPS and softies. Two bulbs would mean anything.

ilikepie777

well say I get the Ledtric PAR38 which optic do I go with 60 90 or 120 also do you use PAR38's on your tanks if so could you post a picture because IMO they would look very odd on a tank

Archived