Top Shelf Aquatics

Aqua-tech power filter mods anyone?

waldoz

I have been looking and can not find anyone that has done these. Looking to start a 10gl softies tank maybe few crabs, snails etc. I would like to do the aqua clear one but I would rather try and use this one if I can since I am on a tight budget. If you have any links or suggestions please post up. :) Oh this is the 10-20 model.

Thanks!

I picked up a 30-60 the other week on sale for $35, and was thinking the same thing.. I imagine it could be done the same way. screening to protect the impeller and at the outflow.

I just gave it away with another 10 gallon tank. Don't want to go into uncharted waters getting a

AquaClear 70 Aquarium Power Filter :)
  • 4 years later...

I didn’t think aqua clear are sold anymore, they were replaced with aqua tech at Walmart and the guts are different. But I’ll be trying this build soon... so I’ll let you know! 

AquaClear are made by Hagen, and are still available at most true fish stores. I've never seen one at Walmart.

Go on Amazon and you will see plenty of Aquaclears for sale, often for cheaper than any LFS will sell them for, the wonders of Amazon Prime :)