ReefCleaners.org

ID this dongle..pwease ?

ZenFulFinz

fretfreak13

Oh, well if it is actually green in person then its healthy. In your pictures it looks white, sorry. Still, its a hydnophora.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with that!

What's with all the font colors?

Maybe if you keep poking it, blow on it, and taste it we would be able to ID it. Hey, you said it, not me. ;)

LOL *giggling* iv been trying to figure this out for sometime now..il do what i have to lol i like pretty colors..so what :P I knew as soon as i posted what it looked like after it got blown you guys would be like DaPhaq!?

sorry my camera is crap all i have is my cell

LOL i love patback..such a creepy episode

Yes, very aggressive, hardy, and a quick grower. For me anyway.

You forgot to mention that it is very aggressive. ;) Very aggressive.

sooo stop poking it? lol jk its not near anything is there any special care i need to take for its...super aggressiveness ?

You forgot to mention that it is very aggressive. ;) Very aggressive.
It is man, mine started growing close to an acro and fried the whole frag.

sooo stop poking it? lol jk its not near anything is there any special care i need to take for its...super aggressiveness ?
Nope, just don't let other corals touch it.

It is man, mine started growing close to an acro and fried the whole frag.

Nope, just don't let other corals touch it.

Mine is located up high because it's one of the few corals that don't get fried by my halide. It snuck up on my pocillopora and I almost had a very bad day. lol

Wow I don't know what that is anymore. Good thing you have it isolated. As someone at work used to say, "you can never can tell." Better safe than sorry.

I was doubting hydnophora at first, because that's some crazy ass PE for a hydno, but I can see it in the picture where it got blown. The only other option is some deformed bubble coral, but they generally have an odd finnial structure to the coralite.

whats a "PE" ? every once and awhile little pearls will appear on it same color but i have no idea what they are.. like...seriously looks like a pearl stuck to it...usually in 2 and go away in 2-3 days

I've never been able to kill it. ;)

I've killed Xenia without even trying. Maybe I can kill it. :P

Everything I've read says it's really aggressive. I don't think I want something like that in my tank. It says it's native to the Indo-Pacific? I wonder if we have it here. I haven't seen it in any of the LFS here.

I've killed Xenia without even trying. Maybe I can kill it. :P

Everything I've read says it's really aggressive. I don't think I want something like that in my tank. It says it's native to the Indo-Pacific? I wonder if we have it here. I haven't seen it in any of the LFS here.

I've kept pulsating Xenia once and it reproduced so rapidly... I continuously removed it from my tank and it just kept growing. I'll never get that pest gain.

Yea, I knew my xenia would be a pita and added it any way for my Fiancé. I loathe that crap. I've also had hydnophora. I equate it to a nuke with a 6 inch range, even more potent than most Euphyllia imo.

I've kept pulsating Xenia once and it reproduced so rapidly... I continuously removed it from my tank and it just kept growing. I'll never get that pest gain.

Well, truly a case of the saying "one person's pest is another one's pet." Mine did OK for a while but slowly melted away. I felt really bad because Xenia was one of those animals that made reefkeeping attractive for me.

I hope this coral won't be a pest and make ZenFul rue the day she got it.

It won't be a pest, it's beautiful if treated with the respect it deserves. Plus I think zenful is trolling. ID this dongle, poke it to make it hard, etc etc. Coincidence? Maybe...

iv killed like 5 xenias b4 the one i have now survived. i love it...this new thing i have is pretty, thus far ..wish it WAS blue lol not bad for a free coral . if it starts to be a problem il trade it

It won't be a pest, it's beautiful if treated with the respect it deserves. Plus I think zenful is trolling. ID this dongle, poke it to make it hard, etc etc. Coincidence? Maybe...

Whats "trolling" ? i call anything i cant put a name on a "dongle" its kinda like a "whats-it",,, or if i cant think of the name off the top of my head...as far as the " poke it" comment..the picture proved that there was a HUGE difference when you POKE it rather than having all its polyps extended . i was just trying to help ID it as best i could...*shrug*

iv killed like 5 xenias b4 the one i have now survived. i love it...this new thing i have is pretty, thus far ..wish it WAS blue lol not bad for a free coral . if it starts to be a problem il trade it

I killed two and that's enough for me. Free livestock is great, as long as it's not a nuisance species. If that's the case, then thanks but no thanks. Good luck with that coral. :)

Yea, I knew my xenia would be a pita and added it any way for my Fiancé. I loathe that crap. I've also had hydnophora. I equate it to a nuke with a 6 inch range, even more potent than most Euphyllia imo.

So maybe I should cut my hydnophora in half and put xenia in the center to keep it under control. ;)

Archived