inTank Media Baskets

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Wow! This tank is gorgeous!

So you have a canister filter and inline heater? What is your maintenance routine? What's in the canister filter?

It appears we have the same clone :)

IMG_20131216_205900148.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

Ah yes, looks that way! Mine must have split off and made it's way to Cali after hearing that Zeppelin song about going to California...

That blue one in the pic there looks awesome. I wouldn't mind if that one made its way into my tank.

Wow! This tank is gorgeous!

So you have a canister filter and inline heater? What is your maintenance routine? What's in the canister filter?

Thanks!

Yes that is correct. I usually do a 2G water change at the end of every week. The day before the water change I put filter floss in the filter and blow the rocks with a turkey baster. It usually catches a good amount of detritus and then I remove during the water change. I also keep chemipure in there.

IN other news I got one of the packages last night!

I wanna tell!

Soon all will be revealed!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Ah yes, looks that way! Mine must have split off and made it's way to Cali after hearing that Zeppelin song about going to California...

That blue one in the pic there looks awesome. I wouldn't mind if that one made its way into my tank.

Yeah, it was all forget you guys, I'm goin home! :lol:

Maxis are pretty much my favorite part of this hobby, and my tank may end up just being a giant maxi biotope since they're the only things that don't seem phased by dinoflagellate growth.

• Like 2

Maxis are pretty much my favorite part of this hobby, and my tank may end up just being a giant maxi biotope since they're the only things that don't seem phased by dinoflagellate growth.

Haha that wouldn't be so bad. I'm sure they'd all appreciate that fancy new light.

That's cuz they are mean and tough LOL. I could think of worse things to have a tank full of. Maxi biotope would be pretty cool.

I'm curious about the surprises for your tank Justin!!!!

That's cuz they are mean and tough LOL. I could think of worse things to have a tank full of. Maxi biotope would be pretty cool.

I'm curious about the surprises for your tank Justin!!!!

Maxi biotope with just as many anemone shrimp...pederson, sexy, white spot. That would be a great tank.

Yea I'm trying to decide if I want to reveal it before the installation. Probably not going to get it going until the end of the week.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Haha that wouldn't be so bad. I'm sure they'd all appreciate that fancy new light.

Oh, they would, and the six or seven I have now definitely do!

These things are damned bulletproof. Ultra high (like double) salinity, toxic dinos, wayyyy too much light, too much flow, they don't care, they keep on truckin' and ask for more :)

I'm surprised you have your maxi right up next to your zoanthids with no problem. Looks awesome.

Yea the zoas don't seem to mind which is good since it doesn't seem like that maxi is going to move out.

• Like 1

It appears we have the same clone :)

IMG_20131216_205900148.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

That blue one looks awesome!

Oh, they would, and the six or seven I have now definitely do!

These things are damned bulletproof. Ultra high (like double) salinity, toxic dinos, wayyyy too much light, too much flow, they don't care, they keep on truckin' and ask for more :)

Maxi anemone don't care :D

• Like 2
Miguel Burguete

Man you really are an inspiration! Do you usually test the water? If you do, what for, Cal, Mag Alk? Are you dosing anything?

Miguel.

Man you really are an inspiration! Do you usually test the water? If you do, what for, Cal, Mag Alk? Are you dosing anything?

Miguel.

Haha thanks.

I admit I rarely test and do not dose. I probably should start doing those things like I said I would...

On to the pictures!

As much as I liked the ease of the canister filter, I missed my sump.

14222428479_34d9440d0c_b.jpg
IMG_5123 by Justind823, on Flickr
14385950306_48de28fbb8_b.jpg
IMG_5124 by Justind823, on Flickr
14409073955_d2ece6114c_b.jpg
IMG_5127 by Justind823, on Flickr

Still gotta clean up the sump display area. I just tossed some rocks in there I had sitting in a bucket.

• Like 7
JavaJacketOC

Haha thanks.

I admit I rarely test and do not dose. I probably should start doing those things like I said I would...

On to the pictures!

As much as I liked the ease of the canister filter, I missed my sump.

14222428479_34d9440d0c_b.jpg
IMG_5123 by Justind823, on Flickr
14385950306_48de28fbb8_b.jpg
IMG_5124 by Justind823, on Flickr
14409073955_d2ece6114c_b.jpg
IMG_5127 by Justind823, on Flickr

Still gotta clean up the sump display area. I just tossed some rocks in there I had sitting in a bucket.

Where did the sump come from?

Just: WOaO!! Everyday better! Congrats! Still not using a skimmer since you have a sump now?

Miguel.

:) Nope, no skimmer. Au naturel over here.

Oh wow,that's a super clean setup man. I love the look of the Mame overflow,so sleek !!!!

Yea it really cleaned up the display. Looks awesome imo. I just have to stay on top of keeping the overflow itself clean!

MAME's are so dope!!! omgomgomg

The dopest! :naughtydance: It's crazy to watch. I'll be honest, I was scared of the thing at first. I still turn the pump on and off whenever I walk by the tank just to make sure it restarts siphon - hasn't failed me yet.

looks so good man. what return did you decide to go with?

I got the quiet one 1200. It was much cheaper and I had on in the past on my 20l so I knew what to expect. I'm really happy with the setup!

Where did the sump come from?

It's a Mr.Aqua 7.5G and scrap glass from my old 5G and a piece of acrylic that was hanging out in my garage. So it just cost me the tank!

• Like 2

Did you happen to take any pics of the build process ?

Of the sump? I did, kinda. I took these two pics when I was thinking about having the acrylic be black. Once it came time to silicone everything in I sanded it off and gave it a frosted look.

14181029828_0a3aee7064_b.jpg
IMG_5082 by Justind823, on Flickr

14181087090_6c8b9cd7e9_b.jpg
IMG_5080 by Justind823, on Flickr

Haha whenever I start working on something I always forget to take progress pictures since I get so into it. The only reason I took those pics was to PM Jrmiller and show him my super secret plans.

• Like 3

It's nice walking into your LFS and seeing things the employees don't even know they have. I saw a couple strombus maculatus cruising their tank so I told them to throw them in with the sexy shrimp. (Oh yeah I got a sexy shrimp :D ) SO now I've some of my very own nano conchs which I haven't had in years! They're the best especially when they're free

• Like 2