Cultivated Reef

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

JavaJacketOC

Have you had any issues with the maxi's actually bothering any of your other coral? My LFS has what appear to be the actual mini and the Maxi-Mini's and there is a really nice mini I've been contemplating picking up.

Justind823

This.thing.has.sooo.much.winnnn! That Maxi and PD's are sweet looking man. What're the PD's recovering from ?

Haha thanks! I picked up most of the zoa's from a fellow reefer who's tank was crashing. Nothing was looking good but so far almost all of it has recovered.

The maxi nestled in with those zoas looks so cool!!!!! B)

It does look cool I'll admit. It is dangerously close to the fiji though which bothers me. I just don't want that leather getting all toxic on me so I'll have to move it.

Have you had any issues with the maxi's actually bothering any of your other coral? My LFS has what appear to be the actual mini and the Maxi-Mini's and there is a really nice mini I've been contemplating picking up.

Well not really. Once they find a place they like they hardly move much. I put the rock in a weird place where the maxi wasn't getting much light so it climbed it's way up and ended up in a zoa bed. If you place them in a spot with good light and low to medium flow they most likely won't move very far.

Took some pictures today!

Recovering Purple Deaths

14354350564_88b680ae57_b.jpg
IMG_5076 by Justind823, on Flickr
The maroon maxi moved into a bed of zoas. I like where it's made its home but its now right next to the fiji. Probably going to need to relocate the fiji.
14168643830_e682b61de8_b.jpg

IMG_5074 by Justind823, on Flickr

14375444103_3e69c53eff_b.jpg
IMG_5063 by Justind823, on Flickr
Purple maxi

14168572809_01feb0fa4f_b.jpg
IMG_5069 by Justind823, on Flickr
Left

14375410713_1b35026ccd_b.jpg
IMG_5073 by Justind823, on Flickr
Right

14355252805_7f36541ed5_b.jpg
IMG_5070 by Justind823, on Flickr
Front
14353677182_8eaf9b17d0_b.jpg
IMG_5072 by Justind823, on Flickr

Page quote.

Holy crap this looks fantastic. :)

Do you have any videos with the pumps on so we can get an idea of the flow in here?

• Like 1
Justind823

Page quote.

Do you have any videos with the pumps on so we can get an idea of the flow in here?

Thanks!

I'm off work today - finally...

I'll try and get a video later today.

• Like 3
Justind823

cant wait to see the other stuff.... ;)

Ha you just wait. Started working on it today.

And oh, there's even more!

I probably won't shoot a video until later today when everything is wide open, soaking up the rays.

Until then more pics

• Like 5
Justind823

lemme see what you started. pm me ;)

Hah I will. In good time.

Really dig this tank!!

Do you have photos of the beginning?

Miguel.

Sure! If you go back a few pages and scan through the pics you can see how the tank has changed and progressed. Is there anything specific you're looking for?

Justind823

Page quote.

No video today but you get one more picture.

• Like 4

It does look cool I'll admit. It is dangerously close to the fiji though which bothers me. I just don't want that leather getting all toxic on me so I'll have to move it.

Too bad the maxi didn't move more to the right. I still think it's crazy how it snuck it's way into the middle of the zoa colony :lol:.
Miguel Burguete

Sure! If you go back a few pages and scan through the pics you can see how the tank has changed and progressed. Is there anything specific you're looking for?

I know! I am a true follower of this topic but I meant the photos of the first time you started it! like First day or something! Nothing important just curiosity!

Miguel.

Justind823

I know! I am a true follower of this topic but I meant the photos of the first time you started it! like First day or something! Nothing important just curiosity!

Miguel.

I'll have to look around a bit. I'll post what I can find!

Finished the heatsink cover up this morning.

• Like 2
Justind823

video!

I keep trying but always get distracted. I am working on something cool for the tank though. You might know what.

I'm just waiting on two packages...

• Like 2