Cultivated Reef

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Justind823

Oh wow,that's a super clean light man. What leds is it using ?

Thanks!, they're all Cree's. XT-E's maybe? It's been awhile since I built it so I can't quite remember.

So... I changed a few things...

• Like 7

omgomgomg

those additional corals look smashing!!!!! :D

I'm glad you were able to pick those up...it looks fantastic!!!!! Was it just zoas? The fiji looks sooooo pretty up there. It's coloring up nicely.

• Like 1
Justind823

omgomgomg

those additional corals look smashing!!!!! :D

I'm glad you were able to pick those up...it looks fantastic!!!!! Was it just zoas? The fiji looks sooooo pretty up there. It's coloring up nicely.

I KNOW!

Yea it was mostly zoas plus two maxi mini's. One is in hiding but the other is in the front left there. It was well worth the trip!

I'm very pleased that the fiji came around.

• Like 1
Justind823
where did the magicians go?

They're behind the sunny d's in the back left. Some of them melted away but they're making a comeback.

Justind823

Going to be updating the LED's in my fixture in the next few weeks! Perhaps I'll finally get around to putting a moonlight in as well.

• Like 1
JavaJacketOC

Still a work in progress. I got some ric's in the mail, that's why there is a tupperware in the tank. Helping the little guys attach to the rock.

I finished working on something for the tank, hopefully I can get it all sorted and installed tomorrow.

13610777323_fec0303fa9_b.jpg
IMG_4607 by Justind823, on Flickr

13610764583_8e699abacc_b.jpg
IMG_4608 by Justind823, on Flickr

I am envious of this stand...very nice setup all around.

• Like 1
Justind823

I was never a big fan of the black acrylic cover that I got with the Unibody heatsink so it's just been sitting around. I had the idea the other day to skin it to match the wood top of the stand. Still need to punch out the rest of the cooling holes and stain it. Here it is so far.

Fits right on top of this:
  • Like 4
JavaJacketOC

I was never a big fan of the black acrylic cover that I got with the Unibody heatsink so it's just been sitting around. I had the idea the other day to skin it to match the wood top of the stand. Still need to punch out the rest of the cooling holes and stain it. Here it is so far.

14314513383_09474a947d_b.jpg
IMG_5054 by Justind823, on Flickr
Fits right on top of this:

14179239844_085503e688_b.jpg
IMG_5038 by Justind823, on Flickr

Do It Do It Do it!

• Like 1

I also threw in some LED strips the other day.

Nice! Are they always on or do you have them on a timer? I need to do something like that for during the day. I'm good in the afternoon/evening when the fuge light is running. Could use some light during the day though without having to turn on the fuge light.
Justind823

Nice! Are they always on or do you have them on a timer? I need to do something like that for during the day. I'm good in the afternoon/evening when the fuge light is running. Could use some light during the day though without having to turn on the fuge light.

There's a switch for the led strips hiding behind the rkl. There are three strips total on the one circuit. Now I can see what I'm clumsily knocking over!

Justind823

Took some pictures today!

Recovering Purple Deaths

14354350564_88b680ae57_b.jpg
IMG_5076 by Justind823, on Flickr
The maroon maxi moved into a bed of zoas. I like where it's made its home but its now right next to the fiji. Probably going to need to relocate the fiji.
14168643830_e682b61de8_b.jpg
  • Like 4