Cultivated Reef

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Thanks guys! There's still some work to be done. Need to clean up the inside and get some sand in the tank. The quake forced me to start working on it so thanks nature...kinda. It's coming along!

what you gonna do for filtration? ac70 with surface skimmer?

Probably going to make something like the subcurrent filter I had for my Mini S, just one that fits the dimensions of my tank better and can fit a large heater. Hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow.
Like this:
DSC_1858.jpg
  • Like 2

ive always liked those. to bad they are like impossible to find anymore. excited to see what you come up with :wizard:

Yea it's too bad that got rid of them. It was a great product. I still have mine in storage...one day I'll break it out and put it to good use.

That is a really slick little stand.

Thank you sir.

I just spent a bunch of money...lots of stuff will be coming in the mail!

• Like 1

That's exactly how I feel right now, oh, I'm getting both drygoods and livestock in the mail :naughtydance:

I've decided to go a different direction with the filtration. Should be fun to try out anyway. If I hate it I can always go back to the subcurrent idea. Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Still a work in progress. I got some ric's in the mail, that's why there is a tupperware in the tank. Helping the little guys attach to the rock.

I finished working on something for the tank, hopefully I can get it all sorted and installed tomorrow.

• Like 5

Oh this is a great looking tank !!! Idk how I just now spotted this man,but damn. Kudos.

I'm following along !!!

Ah thank you!

forgot to ask. how many gallons is the new tank?

It's the Ehiem Aquastyle 9G

• 2 weeks later...

can we get some info on the light setup? have been a fan of it for a while now :D

Ah the light...it's a tiny unibody heatsink (4"x8" I believe) that I got when nanocustoms was clearing stuff out. 4x4 RB and CW Cree's with 2 OCW's from ledgroupbuy. Powered by the dimmable duo700 and a separate dimmable driver for the ocw's. I've been meaning to add a moonlight for awhile but I'm mostly too lazy to run the wire through the light tree. Also, I can't decide what to use for a moonlight...

I picked up springeri damsel for the tank. It was just so cheap and an amazing looking fish! Since I have a flatworm problem hopefully it'll take care of the issue. While I was at it I grabbed a fiji yellow leather and a pom pom crab.

The tank is running well on the new filtration system. I've been using Nualgi for the past 3 weeks and I'm noticing my smalls patches of algae turn white. I figured it was worth a try for a free sample and it seems to be paying off.

No pictures yet. Going out of town this weekend so hopefully I'll get some up when I come back.

• Like 1

I picked up springeri damsel for the tank. It was just so cheap and an amazing looking fish! Since I have a flatworm problem hopefully it'll take care of the issue. While I was at it I grabbed a fiji yellow leather and a pom pom crab.

The tank is running well on the new filtration system. I've been using Nualgi for the past 3 weeks and I'm noticing my smalls patches of algae turn white. I figured it was worth a try for a free sample and it seems to be paying off.

No pictures yet. Going out of town this weekend so hopefully I'll get some up when I come back.

I don't know if I can wait a whole weekend to see photos!!!! :D FTS when you get back, please :).
  • Like 1

whoa, that is one badass little fish

For sure! It's also doing some fine work on my flatworm population.

Springer Damsel ? Such a nice looking fish !!! Nice pick up man !!

Thanks! Very happy with my purchase. For 6 bucks it was hard to pass up.

Beautiful fish justin...although they get pretty aggressive once settled in.

I've heard that. I've decided it's going to be the only fish in the tank though.

Do you know if these fish ever show any aggression towards invertebrates?